UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

:laugh: :laugh: @ chickentikka and :GroupHug: for the traumatised neighbour!!

Izzies doing ok, still not 'right' and keeps crying but shes more awake than last night. I slept in the lounge with her :rolleyes: She has a t shirt on from the vets as she started trying to get to her stitches we just have to remember to undo the velcro when she needs the loo. They did try a buster collar on but apparently she got very distressed so looks like the shirt is on till stitches come out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a nice weekend away at Kings Lynn with the dog club. We got a few rosettes at a dog show and while we were at the dog show a mini whirlwind or something ripped through the camp site and our awing tried to take off. It ended up with a very bent leg and a long rip down the back :wacko:

It is repairable and is at the shop being made better. Hopeing it will be done before we go to the New Forest next weekend.

This summer we will be away more than at home with doggy things and autosleeper rallies. Life is hard :laugh: Holly is nearly back to normal now and the vet says she can have longer walks and slowly build up the muscle tone again.

Barbara

Morning all - still trying to get rid of what ever I have so struggling to keep up with anything! Have antibiotics as nothing else is working - Dr. thinks it might be sinusitus...but who knows!! It's awful and had it for 3 weeks and it appears to not be contagious so it could well be.

:GroupHug: to all who need one

and Tikka - you are still fab. xxx

Izzies doing ok, still not 'right' and keeps crying but shes more awake than last night. I slept in the lounge with her :rolleyes: She has a t shirt on from the vets as she started trying to get to her stitches we just have to remember to undo the velcro when she needs the loo. They did try a buster collar on but apparently she got very distressed so looks like the shirt is on till stitches come out.

Hope Izzie is feeling much better soon :GroupHug: I shall be wibbling in a couple of months when it's M-M's turn but am trying not to think about it to much right now.

This summer we will be away more than at home with doggy things and autosleeper rallies. Life is hard :laugh: Holly is nearly back to normal now and the vet says she can have longer walks and slowly build up the muscle tone again.

Barbara

That's very good news :flowers:

:GroupHug: Murtle, hope you're feeling better soon too. I had sinusitis last year and it had me in tears with the pain - and at the doctor's which is unusual for me! I'm sure mine was stress related.

In the Good Health bit of the Daily Mail yesterday there was an article about sinusitis...the doctor said you need to but Olbas Oil or something similar in a bowl of hot water, put a towel over your head and the bowl and steam yourself several times a day for a couple of weeks. It should allow the sinuses to drain and get rid of the blocked mucus which causes the pain. I used to suffer from it, but when I feel as if it might be starting up, I spend about ten minutes pressing the pressure points round the nose and over the cheekbones, and it seems to stop it developing.

morning all, not sleeping well but feel better after a long swim before work. Am about to beg for the morning off tomorrow to take Finn-dog to the vet. Have decided that we do need a second opinion and are not getting any more progress with our current vet. Fingers crossed.

:GroupHug: Murtle, hope you're feeling better soon too. I had sinusitis last year and it had me in tears with the pain - and at the doctor's which is unusual for me! I'm sure mine was stress related.

In the Good Health bit of the Daily Mail yesterday there was an article about sinusitis...the doctor said you need to but Olbas Oil or something similar in a bowl of hot water, put a towel over your head and the bowl and steam yourself several times a day for a couple of weeks. It should allow the sinuses to drain and get rid of the blocked mucus which causes the pain. I used to suffer from it, but when I feel as if it might be starting up, I spend about ten minutes pressing the pressure points round the nose and over the cheekbones, and it seems to stop it developing.

:flowers: thank you both. I've tried the steam inhalation and it's fab for 10minutes then blocks back up

,but the mucus keeps on flowing,

it's like my brain has turned to mush

and is streaming down my nose!

I will try the Olbas oil, the one I have is menthol and eucalyptus. I'm guessing they are similar??

xx

I am making Gingerbread.

And cough mixture.

I like this cough mixture. I'm sticking with blackcurrant and honey for now. :)

Just wondered if it had ever been used to sooth the Welsh Police .......................... ?

Actually it can The recipe is

frozen paint ball pellets with paint removed and an icing bag......

Can I be a barmaid in the Fugee Arms please. Many years ago I used to work as a barmaid and I was very good and I promise not to drink the profits, Dex and Fleur willl do a disco and karaoke on Saturday nights :D

I'm liking the sound of the Fugee Arms :laugh:

Gentle squishes for Izzie :GroupHug:

Morning all - still trying to get rid of what ever I have so struggling to keep up with anything! Have antibiotics as nothing else is working - Dr. thinks it might be sinusitus...but who knows!! It's awful and had it for 3 weeks and it appears to not be contagious so it could well be.

:GroupHug: Poor poorly Murtle, hope you feel better soon

Clive arrived in bed this morning all shivery with really cold ears :unsure: Tis not that cold here, and I think Clive has only been cold twice in his life, but I suppose it could be leftover from yesterday. It hink he's more sore today as the painkillers wear off. He's certainly walking a bit more carefully today :wub:

I know he's not right cos he let me put his fleece on without a murmur. Normally if I so much as raise an eyebrow at it, he scarpers to the other end of the building :rolleyes:

I yam feeling lazy but have stuff to do. DYl is desperate to go out but its peeing it down

Nope, but GSD is sorted

Fecking Hallelujah!!! Phew!!! Plus I can see him in June :biggrin:

brililiant news so pleased u got the Alsation :D sorted

(still cant bring myself to call them GSD's) :laugh:

quick Cliffy update, came down this morning, looked in the kitchen and there he was

curled up in the same basket he couldnt get out of on monday without screaming

in agony, and when i went to bed his big sister was asleep in it, so at some

time during the night (5 minutes after i went to bed i expect) he must have ousted her

and she was crammed into his. :laugh: :laugh:

he is moving a little better but is still grunting in pain just a little under his breath

when i pick him up to lift him down the steps outside the kitchen door

Di do you have any appointments over the weekend please? Would call but don't have a signal :rolleyes:

Adam's cousin got a collie pup about a month ago. The cousin is 32, works all day and lives in an apartment in Manchester. He gave the puppy to Adam's mum two weeks ago as he couldnt cope (they live on a farm/loads of land etc etc) and he was on the phone within a week crying cos he missed the pup. :rolleyes:

So the pup went back last week amid promises of getting a dog walker and stuff. Adam's mum called me last night asking if I could find a rescue place for the dog as the cousin can't cope. She unfortunately doesnt want the pup back in case the cousin changes his mind again.

Luckily Skyemum is going to take him under Wirral Animal Welfare.

I really do despair at some people.

Sinuses - you can get a cup thingy with a mask on it to make inhalling easier for a couple of quid from Betterware etc. Olbas oil or similar is good, or Friars Balsam is what was recommended to me. I used to get sinusitis every time I had a cold, but since I started inhalling at the first signs, I've not had it :)