UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinuses - you can get a cup thingy with a mask on it to make inhalling easier for a couple of quid from Betterware etc. Olbas oil or similar is good, or Friars Balsam is what was recommended to me. I used to get sinusitis every time I had a cold, but since I started inhalling at the first signs, I've not had it :)

I reckon different docs have different favourite remedies - mine said menthol crystals. They're cheap and, believe me, a little goes a l-o-n-g way. Too many and they blow your head off.

Afternoon

:GroupHug: Murtle hoping it eases off very soon.

Pleased Cliffy is improving. Hope it's onwards and upwards for him now. :GroupHug: :wub:

Hoping Izzie and Clive are feeling brighter very soon. Anaesthetic does funny things at times. :GroupHug: :wub:

Hope Mags mum is feeling well enough to go home. :GroupHug:

Marge I hope the garage have found out what the problem is with your car and sorted it.

Happy Birthday Andrea :flowers:

Work was pants and now I've switched off from it. Looking forward to the weekend. :biggrin:

Apparently I know nothing about heat transfer. Apparently the emissivity of an object for infrared thermal radiation can be effected by the colour you paint it. Apparently my thermodynamics professor didn't know what he was talking about when he said colour only has an effect at higher ends of the spectrum -ie. for solar radiation. Apparently my comment that the surface roughness/shininess was more important for infrared radiation (ie the stuff that is important for most engineering applications assuming you aren't sticking it out in the sun) is wrong and its the fact that anodised aluminium is a dark colour (normally black) that is important not the surface finish and the fact that you are changing the nice shiny reflective surface into a matt one.

Hey ho, another salesman who thinks he must know more than me.

oooh his just come over with some evidence for me - sadly for him it proves my point not his :rolleyes:

what have you done ???? :rolleyes:

or are planning to do!!! Will we see your pub on 60 minute makeover?

Hope Cliffy keeps improving :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: mags and her mum

Not sure if this is good or bad but Izzie is back to normal :wacko: Every two minutes i can be heard screaming 'no izzie you got stitches' :laugh: At this rate she will need sedatives :laugh:

We've just had a mega fight between Scooby & Fergus. Scooby really is a little shitbag at times. Both are fine. Scooby has been well and truly told off and is in his crate. Been a long time since that happened and I thought we'd seen the last of it. :angry:

quote name='barb' date='May 20 2009, 08:48 AM' post='840889'

This summer we will be away more than at home with doggy things and autosleeper rallies. Life is hard Holly is nearly back to normal now and the vet says she can have longer walks and slowly build up the muscle tone again.

Barbara

Glad Holly is ok :wub:

quote name='purple_mog' date='May 20 2009, 10:17 AM' post='840898'

morning all, not sleeping well but feel better after a long swim before work. Am about to beg for the morning off tomorrow to take Finn-dog to the vet. Have decided that we do need a second opinion and are not getting any more progress with our current vet. Fingers crossed.

fingers crossed here too :flowers:

quote name='Trallwm farm' date='May 20 2009, 10:35 AM' post='840902']

Actually it can The recipe is

frozen paint ball pellets with paint removed and an icing bag......

:ohmy:

quote name='merledogs' date='May 20 2009, 12:05 PM' post='840915'

RMF : Ask me whether I've done any studying yet

Have you done any yet? :unsure:

quick Cliffy update,

he is moving a little better but is still grunting in pain just a little under his breath

when i pick him up to lift him down the steps outside the kitchen door

WTG Cliffy :wub:

After lunch i have to do macro. i hate the place but needs must

You have my sympathies, I hate shopping. :flowers:

Marge I hope the garage have found out what the problem is with your car and sorted it.

Work was pants and now I've switched off from it. Looking forward to the weekend.

Sorry work was pants, but at least it's a long weekend. :flowers: ( will update on the car in a mo)

Warning: watching crapsy daytime home makeover shows can have severe side consequences

Pics please :ph34r_anim:

Murtle

:flowers: For Mags mum

Aaww Izzie :wub:

Oh dear Michelle, hope things calm down now. :flowers:

Car is still in the garage, the latest guess is the thermostat, so part has been ordered. :rolleyes: I have had a good day and got lots done though and the hot desking office is only a ten minute walk away from home. :) I'm not so tired as I 'm not rushing here there and everywhere and I can have an extra half hour's sleep in the morning. I have a meeting tomorrow so shall go on the bus, not a problem.

My little old man who I've been trying to get help for was finally assessed by Social services today. He came up high risk for everything, so fingers crossed he gets some help and a move. :unsure:

Tis very quiet here as Keith has taken the dogs with him to York in the van. They will be back soon though :wub:

brililiant news so pleased u got the Alsation :D sorted

(still cant bring myself to call them GSD's) :laugh:

quick Cliffy update, came down this morning, looked in the kitchen and there he was

curled up in the same basket he couldnt get out of on monday without screaming

in agony, and when i went to bed his big sister was asleep in it, so at some

time during the night (5 minutes after i went to bed i expect) he must have ousted her

and she was crammed into his. :laugh: :laugh:

he is moving a little better but is still grunting in pain just a little under his breath

when i pick him up to lift him down the steps outside the kitchen door

Glad Cliffy is a bit brighter :wub:

We've just had a mega fight between Scooby & Fergus. Scooby really is a little shitbag at times. Both are fine. Scooby has been well and truly told off and is in his crate. Been a long time since that happened and I thought we'd seen the last of it. :angry:

:GroupHug:

We are back from Cinderford. I had fun in the town with the pram and Tia :ohmy: Well it is quite hilly. :laugh:

It's always just as you start to relax and think how well it's all going :GroupHug:

My little bro, Gary, just rang to ask me to get him some Carlsberg that's on offer at Tesco next time I do my shop. We started talking beer and I got to really fancying one. I very rarely drink the stuff. Had a la'al ratch in the fridge and found a bottle of Becks which has been there since Christmas so having supped it I am currently looking like this :evo: