UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello :unsure: I'm kind of here but not here :wacko: Thanks for the PM's and hugs :flowers: Life is a bit pants but trying to work through it and hope to be back to normal(ish) soon. Hope everyone's ok :flowers:

when were you ever normal :unsure: :laugh: seriously though, hope things improve for you :flowers:

I have been brave -ish and all because I felt sorry for a

spider

:wacko:

A couple of months ago a teeny weeny itst bitsy baby

spider

appeared on my windowsill directly in line with my left shoulder and proceeded to build a home, as it was so teeny weeny I decided I could live with it so long as it remained where it was and made no attempt to get to know me any better, I named it Spielberg every morning the home grew larger and so did Spielberg but it never tried to move off the windowsill so I watched it grow up and became rather fond of it :wacko: We had a minor misunderstanding when Spielberg decided that it was going to incorporate my cactus garden into it's territory and I explained that was a step too far and as it didn't have planning permission the extension would have to go, after that Spielberg contented itself by building upwards rather than outwards and peace was restored. Then one morning I went to say hello as was my custom and Spielberg wasn't there! I had a moment of panic wondering where the heck it might have got too and was it safe to sit at my desk when I spotted it on the wall behind my monitor - by now Spielberg was a bit bigger and had grown into the size range that makes me nervous - Spielberg will never know how close it came to becoming a smear on the wall - had he chosen to advance towards the underside of my desk his short life would have ended right there however he continued his march across the wall and disappeared into a crack in the ceiling, I wished him luck and that was that ... I never saw him again until this evening.

This evening Spielberg came back to visit me, it seems his time away had been kind to him and the eating must have been good as he had doubled in size and was now of the size that absolutely freaks me out :mecry: unfortunately for him he was between me and the only exit - I was a split second away from dropping a blinking heavy book on his head from a great height when he wiggled his legs at me as if to say "hi it's me again" :rolleyes: :laugh: I felt really guilty about what I was going to do so we had a bit of a chat with me informing him that if he just stayed still for a min and didnt come any closer I would spare his life and relocate him - admittedly he'd have to take his chances outside but at least he wouldnt be a smear on the carpet.

Now I am seriously not brave when it comes to Spielberg's however I took a deep breath and whipped a plastic beaker down over his head trapping him beneath ... I was even brave enough to push a peice of paper under so that I could pick him up ... which is when I realised every time I lifted my hand off the beaker Spielberg was trying to get out through the gap between the rim and the paper that appeared whenever I released the downward pressure :wacko: in desperation I looked for something firmer and spotted the spatula thingy I use for cleaning out the piggies, so I grabbed that and shoved that under the paper, that allowed me to pick up the beaker with Spielberg in it and move towards the window shaking like a leaf thats when I remembered the fly screens :rolleyes: It took quite a lot of contortions on my part to pull the screen off and gain access to the open window, and I was feeling rather smug when I finally got to the point of release ... and do you know what the ungrateful little sod did????

He ran over my fecking hand!!!!

At which point I threw the beaker, the paper, the spatula and Spielberg out the first floor window as hard as I could.

Hubby was not best amused when I had to ask him to go retrieve them for me cos there was no flipping way I was going out there in the dark to get them back just in case Spielberg was hoping for a lift back inside. :laugh:

Morning :tired: Was hoping for a lie in past 5 this morning but Max had other ideas :mad:

My little old man who I've been trying to get help for was finally assessed by Social services today. He came up high risk for everything, so fingers crossed he gets some help and a move. :unsure:

That's good news :flowers:

RMF : I didn't get much studying done yesterday so am going to have to do loads today to make up for it :rolleyes: (if I can stay awake that is).

Aadm's cousin is being an arse over this puppy. He has said he is gonig to sleep on it and tell me tomorrow. This is the second time he has decided to get rid of the poor thing. I hope he sees sense.

If he does give the poor thing up again, might be an idea to make sure you get him to sign it over to you in case he changes his mind again :rolleyes:

Hello :unsure: I'm kind of here but not here :wacko: Thanks for the PM's and hugs :flowers: Life is a bit pants but trying to work through it and hope to be back to normal(ish) soon. Hope everyone's ok :flowers:

Hope things are normal soon :GroupHug:

RMF, I now have girlie tummy ache. :(

:GroupHug:

still no news from the cousin regarding the puppy. I've text him saying he has till 12pm to let me know or he will lose the rescue space. So annoyed. You would have thought at the age of 30 odd he would have had a bit of common sense?

still no news from the cousin regarding the puppy. I've text him saying he has till 12pm to let me know or he will lose the rescue space. So annoyed. You would have thought at the age of 30 odd he would have had a bit of common sense?

oh Cheryl....I'd not have thought at any age he'd have a bit of common sense :wink: My OH is 36 and common sense still evades him...

I've just made a complaint to the advertising standards agency - I may be getting old but even so the adverts on Comedy Central for the Sarah Silverman show are grossly offensive even if they were being shown after the watershed but to show them at 7pm is utterly riddiculous. I do not want to be sitting eating my evening meal and be confronted with trailers of her french kissing her father who goes on to fondle her breats and get a hard on and I most certainly don't find it in the least bit amusing. Nor do I find it amusing in the second trailer when she is sitting on a park bench watching her dog licking it's arse prompting her to pick up said dog and lick his bum herself to see "whats so tasty" :sick02: I doubt anything will get done but at least I have vented my anger productively instead of ranting at hubby and the TV as I have done every night when they come on.

Lo Fugees :wavey:

RMF: I have a busy lunch time going to look at two houses, trying to find one to rent on the other side of cheltenham that doesn't cost the earth ... blinking impossible!!!!!! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Hope everyone is ok :GroupHug: 's all round

I've just made a complaint to the advertising standards agency - I may be getting old but even so the adverts on Comedy Central for the Sarah Silverman show are grossly offensive even if they were being shown after the watershed but to show them at 7pm is utterly riddiculous. I do not want to be sitting eating my evening meal and be confronted with trailers of her french kissing her father who goes on to fondle her breats and get a hard on and I most certainly don't find it in the least bit amusing. Nor do I find it amusing in the second trailer when she is sitting on a park bench watching her dog licking it's arse prompting her to pick up said dog and lick his bum herself to see "whats so tasty" :sick02: I doubt anything will get done but at least I have vented my anger productively instead of ranting at hubby and the TV as I have done every night when they come on.

:wacko: I've not seen the trailers but the clip on Youtube of her and Matt Damon and that song are hilarious :biglaugh:

I have the hymn "Lord of the Dance" in my head. It was the last hymn from my sisters wedding at the weekend and it is still going round my head...just had to look up all the verses as I'm bored of the first two now!!!

Just off to bath Snoops. He has been rolling in not very nice things over the field. :rolleyes:

Cindy well ripped me off, an upside down Dachsie that rolls in cow pats. :rolleyes: :wub: :wub:

hahaha

update for thursday re Cliffy

again a small improvement as he can stretch out his back legs and roll over for

tummy tickles now.

still taking his metacam like a good boy :wub:

Not wishing to raise your blood pressure any further but did you know she was in

an episode of star trek this week. Star Trek Voyager to be exact from about 7 or so years ago.

Good on you snow :flowers: I would find that offensive too :angry:

Good boy Cliffy :wub:

How annoying.

Its a common thing for people to want shot untill someone else says they will take the dog. It then seems to have value.

We had to collect a stray cat from the middle of Llanelli. It had marauded round the finders house and terrorised the cats. All the people wanted to ask was " Is it a Siamese" when I said he was a red point they went oh in a dissapointed manner and handed him over.

try telling him that the dog isnt a popular type an he will probably hand it over.