UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

I did try the mini pill and subsequently had a mirena coil fitted but I have an extreme reaction to the smallest amount of progesterone so both made things ten times worse.

My doc even referred me to a consultant surgeon re a possible hysterectomy but he refused to do it :(

Edited by merledogs

Sorry that you are suffering so badly Alex. It's not good. There must be something they can do for you.

Jazz hope you find the home you really want very soon and yes they can turn the door round.

Whizzie hope your dad isn't getting worse and take no notice of other people. If you want to post do.

Hope auntie feels tons better now she has had a transfusion. Might be one to remember if she has to have another operation. She could have lost a lot whilst under. Hope it all goes smoothly for her now and she receives better care

Murtle you did make me chortle. Hope you've sorted out the other hand now.

I updated my CV properly over the weekend and it now looks more fashionable and easier to read. It's been plastered all over the internet sites and I'm now registered with 3 agencies. I really need to sort out my accounts website then maybe my client base will grow

Thick in studying at the moment as exam looming soon

I'm so relieved because my Dad is finally on the waiting list for a more suitable place to go. He will have more independence but will have care on the premises. He now says he wishes he had gone there in the first place. Unfortunately you know who sabotaged that with her lies.

Edited by Jacobean

Oh my word having Sal around has now convinced me that I won't be choosing to have a bitch over a dog anytime soon, boy can she sulk!!! I am clearly in disgrace for having made her wear that horrible halter and she is Not. Talking. To. Me. Ever! lol this despite the fact that I praised her non stop and rewarded her with 2 slices of salami and a frankfurter when she came home she has sulked for Wales, her back firmly towards me she's plonked herself by the side of Robs chair and has proceeded to ignore me all night. Even me walking past her and stepping over her has not got a response, Nog asking for a wee and the back door being open which normally has her racing to be first out hasn't gotten her to move, I had to go fetch her and chivvy her to go out for a wee and she slunk past me as if I were the most evilist of evil things did her wee, came back in and flounced back to Rob LOL!!! Nog commented loudly at her behavior and now shes not talking to him either LOL

• Like 2

More surgery for James yesterday - plastics working on his leg - so hope he has come through okay
We have ice here instead of snow - amazing how it has almost gone at work 6 miles away but all still here in our village

Off to work soon so regrettably no time to comment on everything but wishing you all well with aunts, ailments, hormones, CVs, houses, sulky dogs......... and anything else I have omitted to mention

Hope all goes well with James.

I bought a coach ticket yesterday intending to go to Barnet tomorrow and spend a couple of days in aunt's house so I can go and visit her. Just had a call from carer saying mum is not at all well, so may have to cancel booking. Going over to see mum now. Not enough owls to go round! It would all happen when my sister is in Sri Lanka, wouldn't it?

I'll second the mekuti harness recommendation. We used them as part of the ttouch workshop, and I was sufficiently impressed that I bought one for Kia. We've used it the last couple of days, and its been amazing. We normally walk her on a figure of 8 headcollar, but I'm finding the harness (with double ended lead) seems to be making her think about her own positioning and balance much more. She is not particularly impressed with this - I'm dealing with a very grumpy podenco at the moment, but she is so much better that she's just going to have to put up with it. We even managed to pass a cyclist on our walk and she didn't lunge or bark :)

:GroupHug: Alex. That sounds rubbish.

Owl, hope your aunt continues to improve, and that you're mum is ok :flowers:

Well done on the CV update Jacobean. I didn't manage to look at mine, but really must.

I hope James is ok.

Agility last night with Morse and Logan was fun. Morse can't see or hear all that well anymore, but loves his agility and just does his own thing. Logan was really good - I'm beginning to feel hopeful for our next show (next weekend). Working from home this morning until doctors appointment mid-morning - tis freezing in the house as the heating isn't on during the day time. I could nudge it up, but I'm feeling far too lazy to get up and do it.

morning

got my friend coming to sort the lights that have blown, thinking what else I can get him to do while hes here lol

looking at the house at 4, think 'make it happen' thoughts please xx

love to all, hope poorly peeps are feeling better xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thinking good thoughts for the house viewing Jazz :flowers:

Hope you get something sorted soon Alex - have you tried any herbal things? Isn't evening primrose oil supposed to be good? :GroupHug:

Just done a core workout class, it wasn't Mr G today, so a bit different to what I am used to. Still good though :)

Oh my word having Sal around has now convinced me that I won't be choosing to have a bitch over a dog anytime soon, boy can she sulk!!! I am clearly in disgrace for having made her wear that horrible halter and she is Not. Talking. To. Me. Ever! lol this despite the fact that I praised her non stop and rewarded her with 2 slices of salami and a frankfurter when she came home she has sulked for Wales, her back firmly towards me she's plonked herself by the side of Robs chair and has proceeded to ignore me all night. Even me walking past her and stepping over her has not got a response, Nog asking for a wee and the back door being open which normally has her racing to be first out hasn't gotten her to move, I had to go fetch her and chivvy her to go out for a wee and she slunk past me as if I were the most evilist of evil things did her wee, came back in and flounced back to Rob LOL!!! Nog commented loudly at her behavior and now shes not talking to him either LOL

Dogs can be like that too.

I got one of the first Halti's for my Dalmatian. My trainer saw them ar Crufts and bought one for me to try.

He sulked under the chair at training and wouldn't acknowledge anybody. My trainer actually asked what I had done to him.

When I said it was the Halti he laughed but later that night he came up to me and said ' you really have hurt his feelings'.

He really resented the fact that he was no longer in control.

He did get over it eventually but he was never happy about wearing a head collar- I tried a few different makes as the Halti rode up into his eyes, he could release the Gentle Leader with a quick flick of his paw on the clip under the chin so ended up with a Dogalter, which was the most successful- but accepted it. I could carry it in my pocket and use it as a threat- behave or I will pit it on.

morning / afternoon

having trouble keeping up , 57 days till we leave and all manner of paperwork problems have arisen out of the blue that will delay Noah's import licence so he will be staying in UK a bit longer , Mum has offered to have him but I am concerned its a bit much for her so am looking at other options short term

I am also clearing the house ready for rental and doing my normal Dogstar stuff

In the midst of all of this I am meant to writing grant applications ( as I am 12 k short for my spay neuter project ) and doing our annual report as its charity year end this month ,

I actually wrote the phrase "grass root program" the other day , some one just shot me now :confused:

Sam whose bloody idea was this charity and relocation Squirrel

P.s on the plus side my ringworm has taken a turn for the better so now its just cracked and sore , not cracked sore , swollen and weeping

Glad your ring worm is a bit better Sam :flowers: Good luck with everything else :)

Hope your day gets better Suzeanna :flowers: :GroupHug:

Feel like I need a bit of a rant. Mum and dad's dog is on tablets for her arthritis, and they always leave getting more until the last minute. If it was me, I would ring the vets when I started the last strip and have them ordered and waiting for when we run out. Last night I got a text message from dad asking me to go and pick some up today as she had her last tablet last night. They hadn't ordered them, they just want me to go and pick some up from the vets. Shara has been on these tablets for a year now, and mum and dad both know that the vets need 24 hours notice to dispense the prescription. I phoned the vets up this morning and sure enough, they will be ready tomorrow after 2 :rolleyes: I am dreading texting my dad to tell him that I can't get them today, as I know he will go mad. It's not my fault they aren't organised enough to order the tablets in time :angry: Mum is off on a Friday afternoon, so she could have phoned them then, either of them could have phoned up yesterday after work (as the vets is open until 7), but they haven't, they just left it for me to do (as they always do), and then it's me who is going to get the flack and dad moaning about how stubborn the vets are, and how inconvenient it is that he will have to collect them tomorrow after work. They don't seem to think that I have stuff to do today as well, and going to the vets is going right out of my way :angry: Rant over :)

Gooster can you speak with the vets and get them on regular reorder , just tell your dad its not about any one ( you or the vet ) being unreasonable its a simple fact that your vets need at least 24 hours notice to dispense this prescription so they need to be ordered in advance.

right I am off to pack more boxes