UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

morning all

busy few days arranging viewings

the first house i was going to look at, loved the pictures of it, but the hall was too small for a stairlift. the lady has been back to me and said how about having the front door come outwards rather than inwards, and solve the problem!

what do you think? wouldnt be hard to do would it?

Moaning, loadsa snow 'ere! Slushy already in the roads tho so I think it will be a fleeting visit by the white stuff this time
Lunch with my parents & some guests yesterday - Dad did not eat well and coughed a lot. I am sure the mesothelioma is advancing :(

Booking enquiries flooding in now for whitsun & June at WagTails House but I am already sold out in that period.

• Like 1

Positive thoughts for your Aunt, Owl x

With you there Alex...so far I have left late and been stuck in traffic...left my gloves and hat at home so am cold, but at least they are keeping my lunch company, which I have also left at home! After going back to grab my nail varnish I have left that in the car...so I have 1 hand painted in orange but not the other...roll on home time!!!

Compared to other goings on, I know this is all trivial but hope it will raise a smile for someone at my day so far :-) xxx

• Like 1

Morning.

:GroupHug: for all the poorly people.

Jazz, I hope the viewings go ok, and you find a house that will suit you.

I spent the weekend doing a TTouch workshop with Kia. It was good - she really responded well to it. And she managed to spend 2 days in a small hall with 7 other dogs and not bark reactively once. She did bark a few times just for the hell of it, but we couldn't let the other people get away without hearing the delightful sound of a podenco bark :mellow:

• Like 1

Morning. The fell tops look lovely here, just as if someone has given them a dusting of icing sugar.

Alicia fingers crossed about the door and all if you really like that place.

Sending healing thoughts for auntie Owl :GroupHug:

Sophie I'm glad you and Kia had a good time at the T-Touch workshop. I did one several years ago and really enjoyed it. It was just a shame that my George wouldn't let me practice on him :rolleyes_anim: Archie however loves it and has always responded well to it.

I watched the BAFTA's last night because, although I am and always have been a dress down girl who can't be bothered with fancy hair-do's and make up, I love seeing all the posh frocks and glamour on others. Roll on the Oscar's.

Just had a call from MIL asking us to have Sal back as she has been up all night with pain from her other knee now - I told her that's probably from compensating for the "bad" leg or possibly shes overdone the physio that the OC gave her to do to try and strengthen her lower back and legs, shes walked Sal only twice since she went home on Thursday - she'd been walked before she went home & Rob and I went over and walked her with Nog on Saturday, however Sal pulls and she pulls hard, we and mil have tried just about every form of halter, harness & harness/halti combo and NOTHING has stopped her pulling, when we have her we've switched back to a martingale collar and harness combo and she still leans her full weight into it and pulls, so possibly thats whats done mils knee in. When I walk her I have her on a very short lead so that she has no choice but to walk alongside me but even then she strains to the fullest extent of what little lead she has and leans her entire weight into it. Going to have to go googling to see whats out there we haven't tried yet .....

Snow, when i had a TTouch lady out to laney she advised me to use a double ended lead with him, it helps to balance them and also you can use the dogs weight against themselves (something like that) for ordinary people who have 2 hands available you hold the one bit attached to the chest piece of a harness and the other hand holds the bit clipped onto the back loop of the harness, if the dog pulls you pull on the bit clipped to the front of the harness to stop them and to get the dog to walk quicker you pull on the bit clipped to the back loop, sounds dead complicated but i manage to walk with a crutch and operate the lead in one hand. this will hopefully explain it better

https://mekuti.co.uk/harness_shop.htm

The person who left my local rescue facebook page because I was on it has returned. I will remain on the page but won't be posting, don't want another earful. Glad she is back though as she is helpful to the rescue.

3 ins of snow last night on a frozen road, lovely. May be thawing a bit but not much.

I'll look into the mekuti, did manage to find the figure of 8 head collar I bought for Sal years ago which mil didn't persevere with, just walked Sal on it and there was absolutely no pulling slack lead the whole time. Not sure what mil has against it but will try and convince her to stick with it when she eventually has Sal back.

I can't wait for my menopause to start. I suffer horribly with PMS for between 10 and 14 days before my period and during it, so I am lucky if I get 10 days a month where I am not feeling like I want to curl up in a corner and cry. Been like this since I came off the pill at 35, so 13 years of it so far :mecry:

Not good, Alex, and you have achieved so much in spite of that. Has no one been able to suggest anything which might help get hormones in order?

Auntie had a blood transfusion this morning and is a little stronger. Occupational therapist at hospital will be liaising with home care people about how to look after her when she goes home.

Glad you're aunt is improving Owl and hope a good care plan is in place for her going home.

Snow - we use a Dogmatic head collar for Kai. He is a very strong GSD and though he's good as gold 99% of the time if he saw a cat on the other side of the road I'd be dragged across the road behind him and over any walls/gates/fences etc too lol. But I really can control him brilliantly with the Dogmatic and he can't pull me at all with it.

:GroupHug: Alex. The menopause is not the answer I'm afraid, brings it's own problems. You really need to go back to the docs and get something to help.

Good luck with the council Jazz. Hope you can get the alterations you need to make the house right for you.

:GroupHug: Alex. Was there any reason you had to come off the pill? One of the women I work with is 50 and still on the pill to regulate her hormones - she is on a progesterone only pill (cerazette, same one as I took for 4 years).

Hope you manage to get the house you want Jazz :flowers:

Thinking of your aunt Owl :flowers: