UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

I am glad to hear it's not only me Griff, as I often work with people who try and do as little as possible!

You might want to try this lot to then Alex http://www.kringlecandle.co.uk/ I don't know what they are like or price comparison, but have always had really good reviews, and some say burn *cleaner* than Yankee candles. Apparently some yankee candles can leave soot marks, though I either don't burn them enough or I have different types but have never had that problem.

3 hours and counting :-)

• Like 2

Just got back after 2 days spent between mum's house and the hozzy. Mum is coming out tomorrow. The GP came to see her yesterday and rang for an ambulance asap as her blood pressure was alarmingly low, she had no colour and was so weak she could hardly move. She is now much better, looking fine and ate a proper lunch. Hospital hasn't a clue what was wrong with her, they think a virus of some kind but they can't be sure. They just put her on a drip with some ABs in it and she seems to have recovered. Aunt is much better and has walked a couple of steps on the leg with the new hip.

I would have come home last night but the friend who had Wispa staying with her said to say put as they were snowed in, and I would never get to my house either. Blizzard yesterday, all gone today.

I feel rather the worse for wear, and suspect both the senior rellies will live to 110 while I succumb to something stress related as a result of these health panics. Somewhat annoyed with mum who is now quite capable of handling a spoon but won't eat unless fed by someone else.

I have been back to the hospital today to see James who is much brighter in himself but he faces major surgery tomorrow that is expected to last 10 hours. I have seen his leg or rather what is left of it. It is encased in a sort of vacuum pack with black sponge covering large areas which need grafts. It's not just the skin though - they have to rebuild muscles, tendons and are taking bits from his back, calf, thigh and possibly his abdomen. There is a 5% chance of failure which would probably result in amputation.
The surgery was delayed because he had a chest infection - he had a cold/cough just before the accident & as he was immobile in bed it got a hold on him.

My visit was cut short as the main doctor arrived and wanted to start marking James up ready for the surgery.
It really does illustrate how life can go so wrong in just a split second. Scary! Poor James.

I am glad to hear it's not only me Griff, as I often work with people who try and do as little as possible!You might want to try this lot to then Alex http://www.kringlecandle.co.uk/ I don't know what they are like or price comparison, but have always had really good reviews, and some say burn *cleaner* than Yankee candles. Apparently some yankee candles can leave soot marks, though I either don't burn them enough or I have different types but have never had that problem.3 hours and counting :-)

I started with Yankee candles before moving onto Kringle. They are made by the son of the man who first started Yankee. He sold out and then joined his son in Kringle. Brought to you by the Yantan bureau of useless information.

• Like 1

Hope Max is better today.

Hope the operation goes very well for James. His family must be reeling from all of this and very tired with all the visiting. Thank goodness he's still with us though.

Glad mum and auntie are better Phebe. Hope they continue to improve. You need to take more time out of things for you and the sake of your health. You're running yourself ragged.

Jazz hope you get good news soon

Loobie you're in for some interesting times.

Have just got back from meeting accountant who signs off Oldies Club accounts. Thoroughly lovely bloke. Can submit those to Charity Commission this afternoon then that will be that out of my hair and off my mind.

I am really rather shocked over Oscar Pitorius's arrest for murder. He was one of my sporting hero's. I guess the truth of it all will come out over the next days and weeks.

That'll be a good job done when you submit The Oldies accounts Michelle :)

Whizzie any news on James? Has the operation gone ahead?

I hope mummy and auntie Owl are well and that's good advice from Michelle about taking some time out for yourself Owl :GroupHug:

It's not a bad day here weather wise :)

Just heard from hospital discharge officer saying mum can go home, she is just speaking with care agency to check when they can resume care. Doctors have no idea what was wrong with mum, no bugs or viruses, she just had this horrendous blood pressure drop which seems to have righted itself.

Edited by owl

Owl, hope your mum is back home soon and your aunty is soon back home too.

Merleodgs, hope Max is o.k

Whizzie i hope James' op goes well and they can save his leg

well done with the accounts Jacobean

i have had a manic morning..... vets first with laney who now has 2 different sort of antibiotics, then to the drs for me with a very nasty infection so i have some more tablets to take. did have a word with the vet as i have seen a pup in rescue we are considering adopting, he didn't think laney would be an issue with a young dog and he also thought that diez would cope o.k too... i was worrying with her being 12 but she is a lively 12, i guess we will have to have a bit of a discussion... parents have ok'd it and money isn't an issue just dithering on my behalf!

• Like 1

Owl, hope your mum and auntie are both home soon, and agree - make sure you take care of yourself too :flowers:

Hope Max's tummy settles itself down.

Fingers crossed for James.

Good luck with puppy decisions griff. I want a puppy but OH says no - I'm working on him but not having much success.

It's 2 years ago today that we said goodbye to Sophie. I've reached the point where I can look at photos and smile remembering the good times, rather than cry, but I do still miss her so much. She was one of a kind.

My little sister had a job interview in Bracknell (which is where I live) yesterday. She was planning to use it as practice for an interview next week, as she didn't think she had the experience needed to get this job, but they loved her and offered her the job then an there :biggrin: She's accepted, so she'll be moving back to this neck of the woods soon, and I'll get to see a lot more of her. Now all we have to do is convince big sister to move over here from Canada, and it'll all be perfect.

Great news about your sister Sophie..... tell your OH i think he should stop being a meanie!!!! Lol, by the time i have made up my flippin mind and contacted the rescue to see if they can sort a home check ( as i am quite a distance away) the pup will have been rehomed..... which of course i would be delighted about, she is lovely and matches my pair perfectly, brindle with a white dot on her chin and little white toes

Good luck with Match.com Loobie, me and a friend have decided to give speed dating another go next month :biggrin:

Great news about your sister's job Sophie :)

I think we need to see puppy pictures Griff so we can help you decide :biggrin:

Hope James gets his op soon and all goes ok :flowers:

Hope your mum and your aunt are home soon Owl :GroupHug:

Last night when I was at the gym, I got chatting to Mr Grumpy, who told me in April that there is going to be a big shake up of all the classes. He told me that Mr G isn't going to be doing the Wednesday class that I go to anymore, and it will be Claire instead. I absolutely love Mr G's classes, as (aside from the eye candy :laugh: ), he really pushes me and I feel like I get a lot out of them. I have done the same class with a different instructor before and didn't enjoy it at all :( Over Christmas when the classes were being rejigged again, Mr G said that he wouldn't be happy to move to a different shift and not do that class, as he has his regulars who need him. I am just keeping everything crossed that he still feels the same :unsure: I am not sure whether to wait until Wednesday to ask him (as unless he is doing core workout on Monday, I won't see him until then), or to send him an email to ask. I don't want to seem desperate, but it has taken me over 27 years to enjoy exercise, and I don't want to give up now :( He does do personal training, so I suppose if he doesn't have a class I can do in the new timetable, I could ask him if he would do a tone and shape class with me alone, but that would cost me more money :unsure: :angry: