UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Afternoon. Left work just after lunch as Martyn had to go offsite for the whole day. Looks like it is going to be a regular thing. Scoobs had us all up at 4.45 this morning. I swear they know when something out of the ordinary is going on. Then just as I was leaving for work in a half asleep fashion and a bit late he decided to trail a load of poop all over the living room. Oh the joys. Anyways we 4 are all snuggled up at the mo.

Hope the viewing has gone well Alicia

Whizzie so hope the operation has gone well for James and it won't be long before he can go home.

Hope your mum has improved during the day Owl

Hope your day has got better Suzeanna

I'm neatly writing up my last ever assignment for this dratted book before sending off for marking. Lots of revision after this.

• Like 1

Discovered today that James has yet to have the further surgery as someone else's operation overran. Friday now & apparently they are taking muscle from somewhere in his back to reconstruct his leg. I'll probably visit again on Thursday - hubbie has said he doesn't mind me being late home on Valentines Day.

Snowing here too. Everything is white, we've had about a quarter of an inch so far.

Fingers crossed for you Alicia :)

I sign out of here every evening but when I come back the following day I am always already signed in! It's a bit like that Eagles song "you can check out any time you like but you can never leave".

*rant alert*

bloody council!

'we are concerned about your welfare, and if an exchange is the best thing for you'

wheather I transfer or exchange, ive got to bloody move weather I want to or not!

they told me they would take out the wet room and put a bath in, now they are saying they wont!

so ive got to see what the people want to do, as they wanted a bath.

if this doesnt go through, the council can bloody well find the right property for me, cant go through this again

ive been up all night with a bad stomach

to me Jazz, it is madness making you move (unless you want to),the government are cutting your allowance and imposing a bedroom tax but if you weigh the cost of them paying the extra against you having to move and have adaptions done to another home and the council needing to put right your current house for the person who wants it surely it would be more cost effective for the government to pay the extra money for you to stay where you are...... another poorly thought out cut. I think if i were you i would send an email to my local mp and tell them what is going on... you may find that they get on to the council and tell them to stop pratting about... good luck with it and i hope your tummy settles down soon.

we have Snow here too... not too bad at the moment, just made it back from the hospital and doctors as it was starting.

i don't know if anyone is interested but tesco are doing half price sirloin steak, just picked my mum up 4 steaks for £7! i am by no means a meat expert but they look good.... provided they are beef and not horse Lol

Jazz, I think with a lot of councils the left hand doesn't have a clue what the right hand is doing! Same goes for the government, come to think of it. They were discussing the bedroom tax on Jeremy Vine the other day, and it was confirmed that if someone wishes to move but there is no suitable home for them, then they have to stay put and pay the extra, it's crazy. I wonder if the same applies to the homes the MP's have that come with the job...or the Queen's palaces...after all, they are owned by the country, so that makes them council houses! I think you need someone in authority to fight your corner, would your GP write to the council?

Arghh..snowing here again, I'm sick to death of it.

A couple of things brightened up my day yesterday, I was walking Rosie and went past a house with wrought iron gate, two dogs in the yard both GSPs, the young bitch is pure black and gorgeous. She was playing with what looked like a big spool of string and she threw it over the gate when she came to see me. I was telling her I didn't think it a good plaything and trying to wind it up, and as she was barking her owner came out. I told him what she'd got and he said oops, there's a falcon attached to that! I hadn't noticed there was a big box at the end of the string, and apparently his young bird was in it. I had visions of the poor thing on one leg with Dollar cavorting round the yard with the string! Walked on a bit further and a guy came the other way with the most enchanting little white pup, got closer and it was a husky..12 weeks old...prettiest thing I've seen, I could have just scooped him up and taken him home! No problems here so far today apart from my ears have suddenly blocked for some reason, I haven't got a cold but they've gone the way they do when you're in a plane and no amount of swallowing or blowing my nose will clear them. :unsure:

In Brixton they used to offer to pay about a £1000 per room to encourage people to downsize. It was amazing how many of them still wouldn't leave the houses. Bearing in mind these were large properties they were in huge demand. I agree this hasn't been implemented well, but I just can't see what else the government / councils can do to reclaim some of the properties. Though having it dealt with case by case sounds great, it just seems to lead to red tape and poor decisions.

I do hope that you can get them to replace the bath though as that just seems silly if they won't. however, i wish you luck and strength for dealing with some of the challenges individuals that work In these environments xxx

Please all keep your snow :-)

I am mind numbingly bored of work, but am happy to be working...still trying to be positive. As it is for a friend I can't end the contract early either, but I keep completing my work...and they forget to give me more!!