UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Hope you get something sorted Jazz :flowers:

I have the same thing on my work computer Marion, I always sign out as I share it with my boss, but whenever I come back in, I am still signed in :unsure:

Snow here as well :angry: There was no snow at all when I went into the gym this morning, came out just over an hour later to a winter wonderland. Now bear in mind I wear a dress and heels for work, walking back to my car was interesting :laugh: :rolleyes: We have had lots of patients cancel today because of the snow, not complaining too much though, as it means I can play on the computer a bit more :)

bedroom and council tax, they have decided ive got to pay some of, they will be taking £90 a month off me

ive had enough, cant cope

bloody government just doesnt see what they are doing to us very ill people, or they dont care

that is awful...... provided you can prove you are actively seeking to move i think the government should pay the money you are losing... you are trying your best, it is making you ill and the council are playing silly bu**ers and now you get to pay for the privelidge....disgusting!

Naughty laney had been licking his paw when we got up this morning..first time in 8 years that dog has bothered a wound! well i think it was him unless diez was helping him out, they sleep in my room and i didn't hear a thing sly little devils and just to prove i am utterly mad we are hoping to take on a staffy pup, i asked the vet last week to keep his eye out for me and he did mention one he had just speyed but sadly she was a bit too old for us to take on (given laneys issues and having dex cat too i need a very young one)

"Jazz :- bedroom and council tax, they have decided ive got to pay some of, they will be taking £90 a month off me

ive had enough, cant cope

bloody government just doesnt see what they are doing to us very ill people, or they dont care"

that is awful...... provided you can prove you are actively seeking to move i think the government should pay the money you are losing... you are trying your best, it is making you ill and the council are playing silly bu**ers and now you get to pay for the privelidge....disgusting!

Naughty laney had been licking his paw when we got up this morning..first time in 8 years that dog has bothered a wound! well i think it was him unless diez was helping him out, they sleep in my room and i didn't hear a thing sly little devils and just to prove i am utterly mad we are hoping to take on a staffy pup, i asked the vet last week to keep his eye out for me and he did mention one he had just speyed but sadly she was a bit too old for us to take on (given laneys issues and having dex cat too i need a very young one)

posted again as i can't make out how the heck you do quotes properly since the board upgrade

awww Jazz, i am sure your son will understand... you do have an awful lot on your mind. if the ladies husband agrees, and you agree to moving to her home do the council have any say in it at all? hopefully not and you can agree to exchange, get the work done and put all this behind you.

has anyone on here had any issues with their computer when they install updates from windows? the last 2 times i have had an update both times the computer needed restarting and it wouldn't open properly again, managed to get it going by pulling the battery out.... which i am sure can't be a good thing!

Nearly forgot, Merledogs have you tried accupressure for your symptoms of pms/pmt? there are some videos on google and just thought beings as it was free maybe you fancied giving it a go??

• Like 1

Alicia if your council is saying that they do not think you should move because of welfare grounds then they MUST exclude you from the bedroom tax - there was an article on one of the radio shows about it and David Cameron himself confirmed it in parliament- councils are being given a pot of money for "hardship" or "welfare" cases not sure how you go about accessing it but essentially they make your benefits back up so that you arent affected by having the extra room if they decide you need it or they cannot move you to something suitable.

Might be worth speaking to Shelter and seeing if they know anything about it.

Found this:

Can I get help with the shortfall in rent?

If you experience financial difficulties in meeting your rent or council tax liability you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) from the Local Authority. There is no ‘right’ to receive a DHP and awards are made from a cash-limited budget allocated to the Local Authority.

However, in 2013/14 an extra £30 million has been added to the DHP fund to provide extra help to those facing difficulties meeting their household costs. Additionally, the government have also allocated an extra £5 million to assist foster carers who face a shortfall in Housing Benefit payments.

Each DHP application will be considered on merit and will normally be awarded on a short-term basis to allow the tenant to find other accommodation. There is no right of appeal to a First-tier Tribunal if your are unhappy with a DHP decision but you do have the right to ask the Local Authority to review the decision.

its a short term payment, between 6 months and a year,so gives you time to move, but will have to move.

the ladys rung, they still want to go ahead with the exchange.

we will do the paperwork, but then the adaptions lady goes in and sees if the stairlift and shower will fit. I know they will. if we move the front door it will fit, which can be done, just got to get her to see it can lol

Erm morning. Haven't gone to bed yet lol

Jazz don't take any further messing. If they don't play ball get in touch with your local mp and doctor as advised. It's not on and it shouldn't be making you feel stressed and more poorly as a result. If you don't feel up to fighting the system get your son to help you out. I still haven't got over being kicked off incapacity benefit when I desperately needed it despite having worked since the age of 16. The system is very shabby.

Morning.

Jazz, I hope you can get the house sorted. Sounds a really rubbish, disorganised situation, and really doesn't seem fair.

Jacobean, hope you managed to get to bed and get some sleep!

Took Kia to the vet yesterday for her boosters. She was very good, although she spent the entire time the vet was checking her over hunched against the wall, quivering. She's not really had any bad experiences at the vet, so I'm not sure what was up, but hopefully thats it until next year.

It looks a lovely sunny day out - shame I'm going to have to spend it all inside. Agility cancelled tonight, so I'm going to try to leave work a bit early and get the dogs out for a proper run on the way home. We've been confined to lead walks the last few days as the field at the end of the road is a bog.

Lets hope that the adaptions lady has a bit of common sense and agrees to the alterations Jazz

Murtle, you sound like my dad..... he often doesn't have a lot to do and feels guilty about being paid for it.

we have some sunshine too, it is still cold outside though!

'Ello :wavey:

I got given an electric candle burner by someone way back last year when I left my old job and have been using it with the various waxes which came with it, but decided I wanted to try some different ones, so bought lots of different Yankee Candle wax tarts which arrived today. NOW I know what all the fuss is about, they smell heavenly :wub:

• Like 1