UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maria I understand you feelings of loss Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I had to change my avatar from a picture of George to one of Archie when I came back here because I would mecry.gifevery time I saw it. I still can't bring myself to do a little tribute to him here. I only get by through not dwelling on him too much and trying to keep busy. At least I still have the Archibald - it must be dreadful for you having lost both of your babies mecry.gifGroup_Hug_Emoticon.gif

George, Boysie and Smudge sure left bloody big paw prints on our hearts crying_anim.gif

Getting a bit more used to train now, if I get the slightly earlier one it goes direct to London Bridge and I can get a seat the whole way (so that I can sleep)

I had Lesley in 'observing' my agility lessons last night as someone had commented that they were 'boring' :unsure: Apparantely this can happen a lot but Lesley was happy with what I am doing (phew!!)

Molly did a lovely bit of training on Monday night, it was one of those WOW moments :wub: Hopefully she will continue to work in the same way - despite having me as a handler.

Looks like Tia will be having her ultrasound done next week (wibble) hopefully it won't show anything too nasty. She is at least eating for now, those Wainwrights trays.

I was going to comment on some posts, but having the attention span of a sparrow have forgotten what I was going to say :huh:

yucky day in paradise here on waltons mountain. All the horses are lurking waiting for the fresh bales although there is a lot of grass to eat. I think they are just fed up with the rain but arnt we all.

Empathy to all those feeling sad with loss and encouragement to all those battling on. Pheobe ......new tiles have gone on your old house so 3 years after you moved there finally the leaks are being plugged !

thanks for kind words on here they do mean alot :GroupHug: to you all.

Sorry bout horse Lou,

my memory is so pants I just cant remember what people have said :rolleyes: so lots of healing :GroupHug: and good thoughts to those who need them and hope all are having the best Wednesday you can

Tipping down here so I am hiding in the house, 1 son is on site in work, one is in school and one is in bed being ill.

What a sad morning here, horse hit by a car on local common (people let their animals graze even though the road is awful and theres no fencing) ... horse was pts on the roadside and his mate is stood with him :mecry:

RIP fella

Thats very sad. Was it one of the coloured horses or privately owned ?

Why is it that when I accidentally leave the almost full tub of fish flakes on the conservatory windowledge a certain boxer spots it, steals it, eats the contents BUT when I open the cupboard and the replacement tub falls out and its lid drops off NONE of them want to eat the flakes which are still there hours later as I have been tied up on conference calls forever???

Sorry Loobie I have no idea. I never use my phone for the internet even tho it is a sparkly android thingy that supposedly does all sorts. I can't be arsed with it.

I'll post some photos of Dan (the-dog-formerly-known-as-Anam) soon but they won't be real up to date ones as my camera is fooked. He was funny this morning, he loves my Archie and going off for a ride in the car. He makes funny little noises when he's happy and oh! was he happy today. My aunt has had him 4 years in February! Where does the time go unsure.gif

I'm so sorry about the horse. There used to be horses free-ranging (is that term applicable to horses?) along part of our coast. They did it for years and years, over 3 or 4 generations, and then suddenly the era of the boy racer came in and so many of the horses killed and injured the owners couldn't risk it any more & had to take them off somewhere else.

I have shoved some beef, carrots, onions and garlic in a casserole with some flour to thicken it, a couple of stock cubes, a good shake of Worcester sauce and a bottle of red wine. Will it work or have I missed a vital ingredient? What shall I serve it with? Mashed potatoes? Dauphinoise potatoes? Plain boiled potatoes? Would it work with rice? Something else?

Sorry Loobie I have no idea. I never use my phone for the internet even tho it is a sparkly android thingy that supposedly does all sorts. I can't be arsed with it.

I'll post some photos of Dan (the-dog-formerly-known-as-Anam) soon but they won't be real up to date ones as my camera is fooked. He was funny this morning, he loves my Archie and going off for a ride in the car. He makes funny little noises when he's happy and oh! was he happy today. My aunt has had him 4 years in February! Where does the time go unsure.gif

I'm so sorry about the horse. There used to be horses free-ranging (is that term applicable to horses?) along part of our coast. They did it for years and years, over 3 or 4 generations, and then suddenly the era of the boy racer came in and so many of the horses killed and injured the owners couldn't risk it any more & had to take them off somewhere else.

I have shoved some beef, carrots, onions and garlic in a casserole with some flour to thicken it, a couple of stock cubes, a good shake of Worcester sauce and a bottle of red wine. Will it work or have I missed a vital ingredient? What shall I serve it with? Mashed potatoes? Dauphinoise potatoes? Plain boiled potatoes? Would it work with rice? Something else?

Would be jacket potato for me, but then I'm a bit of an addict lol

Can't wait to see pics of Dan, remember when he was Anam being an EGAR fan and having adopted 2 of their doglets :biggrin:

hmmm with rice...or potato....hmmm chunky bread....yum yum yum Yantan....foooooooood.......can we have pictures to drool over please?

apologies for not reading very far...all bunged up with cold, so I think my brain is melting and dripping out at the moment!

Edited by murtle

Well done Bobsmum! :flowers:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: maria and Marion.

Well done Owly dogs :wub:

Sleep tight horsey :wub:

Marion, that stew would go with all of those things and you can put a puff pasty pie lid on it a second day. Fab with mash1 :D

sorry for those I have missed :flowers:

i'm going out for a meal with my friends in a minute. Out for lunch with a workmate tomorrow too. Why do all these things come at once? :unsure:

Visited a chap today with a colleague. He hates us as a company, even though we are trying to help. Bless him, I could only laugh when we left, because we both got tellings off, interspersed with so many expletives! I never knew the words F*****g & Bollo**s could be used in so many sentences. :unsure:

Edited by houndzrus

Sad about the horse :mecry:

My former landlords :thumbsdown_still: if they had used the builder I recommended, who gave a very reasonable quote, instead of having it done as late and as cheap as possible, it would all have been sorted ages ago. Bet the current tenants were tripping over the fungi by the time it was all finished.