UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a lovely short break Marge flowers.gif

It was very frosty and misty up the fields this morning, winter is definitely on its way at last! Need to put the heating on I think, it's a tad cold. Must remember to buy some Calor Gas this week so we can have the gas heater on biggrin.gif

Hello :flowers:

We have found the handles for the kitchen (the history being that about 7/8 years ago we installed a new kitchen and I was going to add the handles...only it went wrong after two drawers so we have lived without door handles. As I have taken a few months off work we are DIY'ing at the moment so I have finished the kitchen tiling and the next step was the handles...only we couldn't find them :rolleyes: . But after moving everything in the flat we have finally found them.) So today will be adding kitchen handles to the doors!

Hope you have a lovely break Marge

Loobie, feel free to chat away, what we think is moaning so often is picked up as that by others!

Hope fireworks are over for everyone, Owl your's sounded very friendly! Our three cats were all snuggled up but then wanted to go out at 2am (we don't have a cat flap) then wanted back in again at 4.30am :wacko:

Hope everyone is keeping well

Mxxx

I have stayed away from things from a long time and was a lurker on facebook but to be honest I didnt really like the 'feel' of it so cancelled my membership quite a while ago.

I have been battling with depression for quite a while now and got fed up of myself moaning on the boards.

I am making myself post to try to get things back to normal, it is ok for a while but then I crash big time like I have this week.

sorry just realised I am rambling

One of the things about depression is that it makes you feel isolated. In fact this year is one of the hardest I can remember for everybody and Im sure depression has hit a lot more people than usual. My point is Loobie, that you are not as alone as you feel. I think most of us can empathise with you and I think you moan less than the rest of us. Stop being so hard on yourself is one of the rules of breaking depressions grip. We all crash in different ways. Yours is obvious to you because its you feeling it...but you wont be alone !!!

RMQ: should door handles on uneven cupboards be put on as if the cupboards were straight so the same for each cupboard...or in line with each other making them slightly different on each cupboard?

Can you adjust the doors so that they are straight even if the cupboards aren't?

Otherwise I would have the handles in line with each other as those being out of sync would make it more noticeable

I think I am just too much of a soft touch at times. Every Sunday, one of the optometrists has to stay behind an extra 30 minutes just in case any children come in and need their spex checking. Today one of the regular Sunday optoms had to be at a friend's house for 5pm and the other one was full of a cold, so muggins here volunteered to stay. This of course meant I missed my train home and have to wait another 45 mins for the next one. However it did give me 30 minutes to give my student another absolute roasting for his shoddy work attitude, so it wasn't all bad :rolleyes: :laugh: I did think though that the shops would be open till 6 though so I could have a mooch around before getting my train, turns out I was wrong!!

Does anyone know how to edit one's facebook wall? There is an abuse pic on mine which I want to remove, also all kinds of odd bits and pieces cluttering the wall up.

if you move your mouse over to the right of the posts you'll get an arrow which you can click. This will give you a drop down list where you can select delete post :flowers:

owl.jpg

Thanks Michelle for your suggestion x

Edited by murtle

RMQ: should door handles on uneven cupboards be put on as if the cupboards were straight so the same for each cupboard...or in line with each other making them slightly different on each cupboard?

I've been giving your query some thought. I've mulled it over on and off for the last few hours. I have tried to see the handles in my minds-eye in the positions you mention.

The result of all this thinking and mulling?

I can't make my mind up rolleyes.gif

I'll bet you've put them on by now so please tell me which option you went for? flowers.gif

Ah, I've just seen them if that's you in the kitchen above. Well they look good to me biggrin.gif

Edited by Yantan

:dry: :wacko: First day travelling to London, hot and crowded on the train and I nearly had to use my first aid skills as some poor bloke had either fallen asleep or, more likely, passed out :ohmy: He did come to and didn't seem to want any help thankfully. Really not looking forward to doing this for the next three months :(