UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

I have been randomly chosen to be interviewed by the investors in people assessor in a couple of weeks time. I am useless when people quiz me on things and my mind goes blank, even though I do know our policies and procedures, training opportunities etc. No pressure there then :unsure:

I had an IIP nterview a few months ago. It's not anything to worry about really, they don't quiz you as such, just ask you general questions on whether you have the opportunity to do training, how you are developed, opportunities for improvement, etc. Someone internal did take the time to circulate some info on the sort of thing we were expected to cover, so I made notes against each question beforehand and took them in with me, which the interviewer really appreciated and asked me to email him the notes. I did tell him that obviously I could only comment on my immediate team and not the company as a whole. I have the list of questions somewhere if you want me to email them to you? flowers.gif

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an IIP nterview a few months ago. It's not anything to worry about really, they don't quiz you as such, just ask you general questions on whether you have the opportunity to do training, how you are developed, opportunities for improvement, etc. Someone internal did take the time to circulate some info on the sort of thing we were expected to cover, so I made notes against each question beforehand and took them in with me, which the interviewer really appreciated and asked me to email him the notes. I did tell him that obviously I could only comment on my immediate team and not the company as a whole. I have the list of questions somewhere if you want me to email them to you? flowers.gif

Thank you Alex, that would be great :flowers:

Mum is in hospital, the chemo nurse said to call the GP and get the district nurse to come assess mum and give her some anti sickness injections but the GP thought she was too bad for home treatment so called an ambulance. Mum is dehydrated & very weak, shes barely eaten or drank a thing for 2 days now and what she has eaten/drunk shes thrown up again along with her medication, they are assessing her now and running tests, they'll rehydrate her and get some strong anti sickness drugs into her along with some antibiotics (no idea why she needs those) she'll probably be in for 24-48 hours, she didnt want me to go down as shes "out of it" and very sleepy so wouldn't even know if we were there. Spoke with my brother, he's going down on Sunday so we may have to go down again tomorrow and stay over.

They've said she's had a really bad reaction to the chemo drugs - as I said to my hubby this afternoon whats shocked and upset me is that mum has gone from being my stubborn, lets get on with it so I can get better mum, to this frail old woman with cancer I barely recognise in less than 24 hours. :mecry:

Evening

Huge :GroupHug: to all of those and their relatives who aren't doing well at the moment.

Had a crap day at work due to bosses being in a mood with each other. Told the MD that it gives everyone else a turn and isn't pleasant for everyone else. Feel drained.

Hope they get your mum stabilised very soon Snow. :GroupHug:

Edited by Jacobean

:GroupHug: Snow, I'm so sorry you and your Mum are having such a difficult time, there's no words I cam say that will help but you're both in my thoughts.

:GroupHug: Marion, I can't believe the dog owner was so flippant about the situation I'd be mortified if one of my dogs did that to someone!

:GroupHug: for those I missed

Work turned out ok, Arthur Christmas is out tomorrow so I made the display for it and I got to cut out stencils and play with spray snow most of the morning :biggrin:

Hope your mum improves soon Snow :GroupHug: :flowers:

Michelle, I hope your bosses are in a better mood tomorrow :flowers:

Will have to take a trip to cinema to see your handiwork steph :biggrin:

Been on a course for work tonight. Left home at 8am, got in about 30 mins ago. Am knackered! Course was better than I expected though, and there was a buffet and a quiz (which we won :biggrin: )

Thanks guys it does help - especially as I have been crying for hours following a very upsetting phone conversation with my aunt who seems to think I have to quit my job and abandon my husband and family to go care for my mum 24/7 for the next 6 months apparently my mother is more important than my husband and son and the fact we could be homeless in less than 6 months time etc. My mum is dying so that trumps everything. Hubbys been absolutely furious ever since I got off the phone (not with me with my aunt) so I now feel like I am being pushed and pulled in several different directions at once and being made to feel like I have to choose who is more important to me :mecry: :mecry: I simply cannot believe mum will need 24/7 care 7 days a week for the next 6 months at no time until today has this ever been mentioned and when I challenged it she said "the hospital says so" when I said then it means we will have to get professional carers in place to help out I was made to feel as if I didn't care about my mum and was being selfish. :mecry: :mecry:

Tried to ring some cancer support lines to find out how likely that level of care was needed but they are all shut until the morning.

Morning :tired:

Michelle - hope you have a better day in work today flowers.gif

Snow - continued positive thoughts for you and your mum Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Work turned out ok, Arthur Christmas is out tomorrow so I made the display for it and I got to cut out stencils and play with spray snow most of the morning :biggrin:

Ya big kid laugh.gif

Jazz Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Owl - hope your lappy is fixed soon flowers.gif

Edited by merledogs

Snow - I am sure your mum would be absolutely fuming with the aunt with what is being said, and if you did drop everything to spend 24 hours a day with her she would also be furious with you. If she is really sick with the treatment she probably would not want you seeing her like that - in fact would be worried that you would be worried seeing her like that, and a professional carer can be impersonal when it comes to intimate tasks. It would be better to conserve her energy during the week so she has a treat and can look forward to it if you go down at weekends. I know my mother gets worn out when I visit as she insists on doing things, chatting all day etc - and the next day she sounds exhausted.

Edited by Ceredigion Animal Rescue

Ya big kid

Perks of the job :p

Snow, I've pretty much given up my life for the past eight years nursing my parents and it's a choice, my Father would have rather I didn't do it but I was 20 when he was diagnosed with cancer and frightened, it was my way of dealing with it.. I moved back home to look after my Mother because I don't think it's fair that the social take everything my parents worked all their lives off them but I don't have a career or children or a husband. My OH doesn't mind living here because it gives us the chance to save up some money. It's not an obligation to care for your parents I do it because it works for me if I had my own family I wouldn't do it and if someone had tried bullying me into it I certainly wouldn't have done it either!

Maybe your Aunt wasn't really thinking and was just reacting emotionally to the situation. The hospital will tell you what care your Mother will need and when she will need it. You can't predict how things will be in six months so don't worry about, take things one day at a time :flowers:

Snow..I don't know how you get on with your aunt normally, but do be aware this could lead to a division in the family. My son's mother in law lives with them, she has MS and is in a wheelchair, can barely walk or use her hands much. A while back she had ovarian cancer and had to have an emergency hysterectomy..my daughter in law told her mum's sister and brothers, not one of them rang to see how she was. :angry: Julie phoned her aunt, to whom she'd always been very close, to say she thought she could at least have rung to see how her mum was, next thing she knew she got an email from her cousin (aunt's daughter) saying how dare she talk to her mother like that, and never to contact any member of their family again! This from a girl she'd always regarded as one of her best friends. :ohmy: If you don't want to fall out with your aunt, tread carefully. Of course if you don't care...tell her to mind her own flipping business!

hiya peeps!

ive been in hospital on a drip for half the day, third time in a week. they think now that its gallstones. I hope it is so its taken out and sorted once and for all. I cant live like this

Its not the actual gall stones but the infections that drag you down. The pain for some people can be excrutiating. The gall bladder is attached to your liver so when you feel unwell you REALLY feel unwell If they operate you will feel better the next day.

Im sorry Snow that you are so worried for your poorly mum. Feeling sick does make you lose your fight. I bet she will be up and running again once the anti sickness drugs kick in.

hiya peeps!

ive been in hospital on a drip for half the day, third time in a week. they think now that its gallstones. I hope it is so its taken out and sorted once and for all. I cant live like this

Edited by Trallwm farm