UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with your fishy pie :flowers:

RMF : Ruddy Scottish Power again :angry: They emailed me to tell me my package was running out on 31st October but they would renew it (big of them :rolleyes: ). I did a cost comparison and told them I wanted to switch, and which package I wanted to switch to. They agreed to do it on 1st November. Surprise surprise they haven't done it. I rang them this morning and had a right go, so they offered me a more expensive package as the one I wanted was not available. I told them that they had agreed in writing to switch me to it, so that's what I expected them to do. The woman I spoke to was a bit clueless, but said she would swap me if her supervisor agreed. Then I asked her to refund me £100 of the money that I am in credit. She said she would do this but that my direct debit would go up. FFS, I am always in credit even after winter. I said I would not be increasing my dd and I can tell you now if they do then I will be switching.

I've been giving your query some thought. I've mulled it over on and off for the last few hours. I have tried to see the handles in my minds-eye in the positions you mention.

The result of all this thinking and mulling?

I can't make my mind up rolleyes.gif

I'll bet you've put them on by now so please tell me which option you went for? flowers.gif

Ah, I've just seen them if that's you in the kitchen above. Well they look good to me biggrin.gif

Thank you for giving it lots of thought :flowers: we tried to straighten the doors as much as possible and then put them on the same for each door as they are only slightly out. The picture above are the nice shiny new handles. I am very much liking having handles to open doors now, it's quite a novelty!!

Time for shower and work.

Sans, pooey travel to London, hope it gets better (or you don't have to do it for very long!)

Mxxx

ooo how did the fish pie go? I made one recently for OH he said it was yummy (I don't eat fish though)

Not made it yet. I am venturing into the kitchen shortly to make my stab at it so I'll let you know!

I'm pinkie.gif about Secret Santa. We didn't do Christmas at all last year - in fact I was on my own all Christmas but I am not going to let anything or anyone spoil it this year thumbsup_still.png

:partytime:

We didn't do Christmas at all last year - in fact I was on my own all Christmas but I am not going to let anything or anyone spoil it this year thumbsup_still.png

good for you :liebe94: Hope the fishy pie was good.

Glad you got the handles on Mary, the kitchen is looking good! :thumbsup_anim:

good luck with the commute Sandra. :liebe94:

Back from our short break and can highly recommend the Sysonby Knoll Hotel. had a great room and lovely food, but most of all, they were very dog friendly. They let us have our dinner in the bar/conservatory, so that the dogs could be with us. Mooched round Melton Mowbray shops and had a walk round Melton country park before coming home today.

fcf0d62c.jpg

5e3224ad.jpg

Edited by houndzrus

Sounds very grim Sandra :thumbsdown: I would hate to have to travel far to work.

Good for you Marian :santa:

Nice result Alex :thumbsup:

Marge I envy you, I wish Phoenix was well behaved so we could go to all the lovely places you go to :flowers:

I had roast potatoes and homemade Yorkshire puds for tea, I would have had meatloaf as well but someone (me) tripped up and threw it on the floor :glare:

Sorry to hear about the meat loaf Steph. I'm going to attempt to make one this week never having made one before.

It seems to be a theme this week to make things I've not made before - entirely unintentional!

You'll be glad to know I haven't set the kitchen on fire since for at least a couple of years now laugh.gif

Evening

The frost took me completely by surprise this morning. Thankfully had de-icer and a scraper. Really should try to get a cover for the car.

A commute to work is my idea of hell so I really feel for you San.

Glad you got the cupboards sorted Murtle.

Looks like a fab spot for a break Marge. Love that garden. Sadly I couldn't stay there with my lot. I'm always on the lookout for cottages on their own in the middle of nowhere. The dogs aren't that bad to be fair but I'm a worry wart.

Glad you enjoyed your pie Marion

Sorry you lost your meat loaf Steph. What a nuisance

Pleased you got Scottish Power sorted Alex. It's annoying that you have to rant these days to get anywhere.

Edited by Jacobean