UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope your day has improved Steph.

No Synflex doesn't work for Scoobs thanks.

Marion that cottage looks fab. Is it part of owners property or out on it's own?

No it's on it's own. Owners live in England. It's not as remote as it looks though. It's in the suburbs and is accessed via a housing estate laugh.gif

Looks fab! whereabouts in Scotland? :biggrin:

It's in Alloway on the outskirts of Ayr and 10 minutes from the beach biggrin.gif

Here's the website in case any one is interested:

Doonbank Cottage

I will be able to give a first hand account when I get back and I shall let you know if there are any drawbacks - there's always something! rolleyes.gif

Great thanks. Would be great if garden is enclosed but used to letting them out on leads on hols, no sheep please and not too close to anyone. If they won't take 3 dogs you are to spend the week insisting that they do :laugh:

Scoobs got in his bed when no-one was looking and seems to have taken root in there. :laugh:

Have just realised what will prob be my problem with the cottage. Coal or wood burning fire shudder

Edited by Jacobean

MIL is still complaining she's in pain but the exterior bruising has gone. I take complaining as a good sign so am not as worried now. but she's been through a lot so it's only to

Scoobs is struggling badly all of a sudden with his arthritis.

Glad your MIL is feeling better and I hope you get something sorted for Scoobs soon. :wub:

we're going out for a meal :rolleyes: I hate going out, it's an effort to get ready, a mission to get there and it's cold :glare:

Enjoy! :unsure:

Woowooooo I'm going to Scotland for the New Year and staying in a rather fab sounding cottage which is extremely dog friendly and sits in it's own 4-and-half-acres of wooded grounds biggrin.gif

WTG Marion! That is not too far from my friend's who we visited briefly in october. I see there is a walk to Girvan. We always stop off there, as it was where my dad was brought up.I am so pleased for you! :biggrin:

:GroupHug: Snow

Didn't sleep well last night and had a walking about nightmare that left me v tired today. Had quite a nice late morning outing though and came across a farmers market/craft fair. i now have some lovely hand made bracelets for my friends and a another gift for someone else. We also bought some other bits and bobs for dinner tonight. jack had to have a bath today as he had fallen in the canal again and also, somehow managed to get weed on by Cherry :huh: He smells a lot better now :laugh:

We have been working on stopping draughts and sorting out heaters etc, so tonight we have been a bit hot! I prefer that to being cold though, my shoulders tense up and it's painful.

I want to see the coke ad :santa: * throws a paddy*

Tonight was a farce, firstly I was told I had to be on the train for 6:10 which I was, I arrive in Manchester to wait almost two hours to be told they hadnt actually booked a table anywhere and ended up eating in a restaurant I could have eaten in locally! We ordered nachos which we didn't eat and had Chinese on the way home :D

Morning :tired:

Scoobs got in his bed when no-one was looking and seems to have taken root in there. :laugh:

Scoobs laugh.gifwub.gif

Marge - hope you slept better last night flowers.gif

Ms Knees - sorry your night out didn't go to plan flowers.gif

We've sorted out departmental Christmas Meal. We're going to Hard Rock Cafe in Manchester.

I arrive in Manchester to wait almost two hours to be told they hadnt actually booked a table anywhere

:ohmy: I would not be happy if that was me. I get realy grouchy if I have to wait a long time to eat. :flowers:

Marge - hope you slept better last night flowers.gif

We've sorted out departmental Christmas Meal. We're going to Hard Rock Cafe in Manchester.

Apart from being very hot, I slept ok thanks Alex. I had a much nicer dream before I woke up too. Flying over a lovely deep blue ocean in the sunshine. (Probably something to do with being too hot!) :laugh:

I made a start on our office Cristmas do on Friday. The office is split between those who want to go to last year's venue (a nice local pub), or TGI Fridays. :rolleyes:

Anyone building a patio this weekend? I may need to hide a 5ft 10ins body :angry: He made his billionth attempt to give up smoking last week. As usual, it made him hell on Earth to live with. Nothing I say or do is right and he's quick to point out my inadequacies :angry: Take this conversation we had yesterday, regarding school photos and the photo shoot I had booked yesterday for a nice group photo of the girls:

Him: Are you buying Georgia & Emilys individual school photos?

Me: I doubt it. They're nice but expensive and I'll wait until I see the group photo from today before deciding.

Him: But Georgia & Emilys ones are really nice.

Me: I know, but we can't afford them all.

Him: They would've made nice Christmas presents for Mother & Grandmother.

Me: So will the group one. I'll buy all three if you want me to.

Him: Don't be stupid woman! That'll cost a fortune! Trust you to waste money!

:huh:

Today I'm saying nuffink at all :rolleyes:

*thud* the coke Christmas ad has been on (according to my FB friends). Not Christmas till I have seen it though :)

Snap! I always get stupidly excited when I see it for the first time. I haven't seen it yet though.

Steph that was a bummer with the restaurant arse-up (see how I linked bummer and arse there )

Bejo - probably not the best time for him to be giving up smoking Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Had a lovely long walk with the dogs. Saw one of the regular dog walkers whose husband died suddenly a couple of weeks ago. I never know what to say and to my shame I tried to avoid her by dawdling (I'm not great at social interaction at the best of times) but she waited for me to catch up. She seems to be coping remarkably well cos most people would be in bits, but I suppose when you are out and about it's easier than when you're at home in an empty house.