UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

I've just had the most marvellous offer! 6 weeks in South Africa staying in a villa with its own pool in the Cape Town suburbs for free in exchange for looking after the owners 4 dogs and 1 cat whilst she is Europe. I can't go for many reasons, not least because of Archie but oh how I wish I could.

In the spirit of task sharing Ive packed my bags.

Wonderful wolf drawing,you have managed to capture the snuggliness.

Any news Snow ? We all wish good thoughts to your mum and any other fugees suffering at the moment. Talking of which lol at Jazz I hope you find the goggles soon.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found them! I hadnt put them in the bag for the homeless, phew, I had put them in a drawer I dont use at all, like you do!

I went for a diabetes check this morning, said about this drastic scratching that I have, so seeing the doctor at 5.20

I really should be going to the staff parties by now lol

the lady at the coffee mornings bought me a diary. Mother always bought me my diary, so I sobbed on her shoulder for 10 minutes.

Had another decent night's sleep

RMF : I luffs my boys to meeces and pieces

:biggrin: on both counts.

has anyone seen my brand new glasses please?

Ive put them somewhere safe .......

Are they on your head? :unsure:

Marge you are doing really well with the drawing - practice, practice, practice is the key. I found this out when I went to art classes a few years ago. I was rubbish at the beginning but I was producing some half-way decent stuff by the time I'd finished. Also I have always been told you should never rub out!

I've just had the most marvellous offer! 6 weeks in South Africa staying in a villa with its own pool in the Cape Town suburbs for free in exchange for looking after the owners 4 dogs and 1 cat whilst she is Europe. I can't go for many reasons, not least because of Archie but oh how I wish I could.

Thanks Marion, I am going to try and find an evening course :biggrin: Pity about the trip, but nice to be asked. :flowers:

Today I will mostly be sat around waiting for the postman to bring me my mail, then off to battle the postoffice

Hope you got all the deliveries you were waiting for :flowers:

Had a busy old day today and worked from home this afternoon. Keith's up north again tonight, so I am going to wrap some pressies. Had a Vistaprint delivery, great calenders for next year. :biggrin: I didn't get any this year because I couldn't decide what pictures to choose. Can't believe I'm sorted so early. I have the dog's advent calender ready for tomorrow. :biggrin:

If only you could teleport yourself and Archie flowers.gif

I might have changed my mind about loving my boys glare.gif Came home to two rugs full of runny poo :sick01: They had spit roast chicken with their tea last night, so must have been that. Took me ages to clean it up, wash the bits of rugs and then do it again.

Evening

Maybe they're catching a bug off each other Alex :GroupHug:

Glad you found your specs Jazz

Great offer Yantan although some areas of Africa are a bit scary

Warrington was mad busy today because so many folk were off. I had to go to the bank to put Oldies Club cheques in and over-ran my lunch time.

Start my final assignment for this level tonight and brr it's very cold

Hope the dogs are feeling better soon Alex :flowers:

Glad your glasses appeared Jazz :)

Manchester was super busy as well today, had loads of kids in for sight tests today. Not compaining too much though, kids are nice and easy :)

Spoke to my director today, and he wants me to interview prospective candidates for next year's student optometrist. Given that I had no say in this year's appointment and he is hopeless with a capital H (had to spend over an hour today trying to sort out a patient he had tested last week and done an awful job on, she was lovely though and had a horse, so we got on well straight away!). Anyway, I said I'll only supervise a student next year if I have some input in their recruitment.

Back home at last after being away all last week, then had a couple of days at home and off to stay with owners of the notorious free-range patterdales for the past 2 days. Arrived back here to find new lodgers had been brought in, 3 ickle mini horses now in residence for the winter. Wispa went and shouted at them and threw a tantrum which they found rather amusing, and then she stopped because they didn't take her seriously.

Will catch up tomorrow, bed calls, and new electric blanket to soothe aching limbs calls even louder.