UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

Oh snow, im sorry your in this situation, I take it your aunt isnt going to do the caring herself, shock that. Im at the other end and have lost my family due to some stirring it. Its ok to say dont upset the aunt, but shes happy to upset you.

when my mum was well, all I could think of was the way id been brought up, and have said many times that if she died it wouldnt really bother me. when she got diagnosed, and got ill, I saw an old lady dying. it brought us together. she died in june. even today a song came on the radio, and I was crying while driving.

im thinking of you. if you want a chat, any time, im here :GroupHug:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I have spoken to Macmillan and got told the same as we were told in the beginning, that care will probably be needed for 3 or 4 days after chemo but then mum should be encouraged to carry on as normal, theres also loads of support available - however - I'm afraid things got a whole lot worse today and I have ended up totally losing my temper with my aunt and getting involved in a screaming match over the phone *sighs* I suspect the next thing will be a phone call from my neice to have a go at me for upsetting her mum. :mad:

Mum is home (she was still in hosp when the row happened ) and feeling a million times better, shes clueless about my aunt and I falling out and as far as I'm concerned she should stay that way.

Oh Snow, I feel for you being in such a horrid situation Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

It's a cop out for others to be telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing for your mum. They don't want to do it so they do all they can to make you feel bad and that you are the one who has a duty and obligation towards your mum. Then they can self righteously declare that they have done their bit by pointing it out to you! I've seen this happen a few times during my time as a professional carer as well as have it happen in my personal life.

That said stress, strain and worry over a loved-one's health can cause people to over-react and say and do things that normally they wouldn't and it may just be your aunt's way of coping (badly!) with the situation. You just happen to be the one in the firing line. Even if you had packed up yesterday and headed for your mum's home declaring yourself there for the duration your aunt would have probably found something else to shout about.

Keep your chin up Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Spoke to mum this morning and shes a lot lot better, also spoke to my aunt and hopefully sorted "us" out - well at least as far as getting along around my mum is concerned, time will tell.

Nogs M&S insurance renewal arrived this morning - they want £88.99 a month!!!! and thats with a £70 compulsary excess plus 20% of every claim :ohmy: I just worked it out with his previcox costing me around £50 a month, the premium plus the excess and the 20% means an actual monthly cost of £104.32!!!! Anyone know if there is a "generic" previcox alternative?

Afternoon

That's ridiculous Snow and makes you wonder why you're paying insurance if it's costing that. Apart from the worry in the back of your mind of something serious happening.

Pleased your mum is back home. Hope she is feeling more comfortable now and things go a bit easier. It's always difficult when you're living far away (have had 2 myself in the last year or so) and you just can't keep flying to see them every 5 mins. None of us know how these things are going to turn out or how long we'll be needed for and it's just not doable.

MIL is still complaining she's in pain but the exterior bruising has gone. I take complaining as a good sign so am not as worried now. She was saying this morning that she's still coughing the odd bit of blood up but she's on Aspirin so they can keep her blood thin. Her chest infection has cleared and she still feels ropey but she's been through a lot so it's only to be expected. The next thing for her is the scan at the hospital middle of December. One of the paramedics visited her a couple of days ago. What a lovely thing to do. She was apparently massaging her for 20 minutes to keep her going while they were waiting for the ambulance. She's been very lucky.

Scoobs is struggling badly all of a sudden with his arthritis. Probably due to it worsening anyway but the weather deteriorating. So am stocking up on all sorts of stuff to give him and have bought him a day bed he can use if he can't get on the chair. It is soo comfy. So far he has been trying to rag it round the room and been told no. I'm sure he'll be in there at some point. If he doesn't use it let's face it one dog some day will. Today I've got him some cod liver oil & Denes Greenlead pills and have ordered him a bioflow collar. Any other things to try would be grateful to know about. Lady mentioned devils claw but I'm not sure if that will mess with his pain relief medication - Loxicom.

Green lipped mussel extract is supposed to be good Michelle. Not tried it though. I know you've tried Synflex so won't suggest glucosamine flowers.gif I am glad your MIL is better too flowers.gif

Pleased to hear Snow's mum is feeling better too flowers.gif

I've had a nap and vacuumed and unclogged the drainage channel on the flat roof. It wasn't actually that gunky, it was purely because it was raining so hard last night that the water was pouring off the flat roof. I desperately need new gutters but a) I can't really afford them at the moment and b) I want to wait until I can afford new soffits and fascias as well. Not sure what to do because the guttering is already leaking loads and if I wait it may cause damage. Will have to try and find out what the costs are - I think next doors had their fascias, soffits and guttering done for less than £500 but they didn't do a particularly good job.

:ohmy: how much for guttering!

Glad everyones mothers /MIL are doing better :flowers:

:GroupHug: for Scoobs

I had the worse morning! But I finished work early and now have to decide what to wear this evening as we're going out for a meal :rolleyes: I hate going out, it's an effort to get ready, a mission to get there and it's cold :glare:

Michelle I am sorry that Scoobs is having bother with arthritis Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Woowooooo I'm going to Scotland for the New Year and staying in a rather fab sounding cottage which is extremely dog friendly and sits in it's own 4-and-half-acres of wooded grounds biggrin.gif

My friend Dorothy is coming with me. Neither of us can really afford it but decided neither can we take it with us so to hell with the consequences!

I don't think the garden will look quite so abundant in the middle of winter laugh.gif

doonbank2.jpg

doonbank1.jpg