UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Ah, poor Cliffy is properly in the wars. Don't beat yourself up Nige, you've spotted it now and he's been checked by the vet. You can only do what you can do :GroupHug:

Does anyone know what the small yellow fruit is that's ripe and falling from trees at the minute? I thought it was damsons but I've just googled and they are plum coloured. There is loads of the stuff round the streets here, I thought I might make some jam or something if it's edible :unsure: If no one replies, I'll just pick one up off the road tomorrow and taste it. Hopefully a cleanish one that no ones dog has pizzed on :biggrin:

Thank you Jules

RMF re small yellow fruit, if anyone calls in at strensham services on the southbound side of the M5, the hedge nearest the motoroway is groaning with small plum trees all dropping fruit, I dicovered them on the way to the nadder valley dog day the other week, ate loads but didnt pick any to take home as had no way of transporting them.

mental note: take a large clean empty tupperware in the car whenever i travel now.

Thank you Jules

RMF re small yellow fruit, if anyone calls in at strensham services on the southbound side of the M5, the hedge nearest the motoroway is groaning with small plum trees all dropping fruit, I dicovered them on the way to the nadder valley dog day the other week, ate loads but didnt pick any to take home as had no way of transporting them.

mental note: take a large clean empty tupperware in the car whenever i travel now.

Empty poo bags of course ;-)

Gentle cuddles for Cliffy

xxx

Back from my smear and in one heck of a foul mood thanks to the nurse and they wonder why people dont fecking go for regular check ups when they get spoken to and judged the way I have been this morning. I am livid apparently I can do what I like to my body its my health and my life and if I dont want a particularly long one then thats entirely up to me :mad:

This is exactly the argument I used when I decided that I wasn't going to have any more smear tests. They are deeply unpleasant, and as I don't have lots of other exciting risks in my life, I decided I was going to give them up. It completely weirded my doctor out.

I think the exchange is supposed to go like this:

doctor: 'RISK! FEAR IT!!!'

patient: 'OMG, RISK!!!!! I WILL CHANGE MY WAYS! I DO WANT TO BE 99!

Instead I was all : 'RISK! BRING IT!!!!' and nobody knew what to say. :happy:

While we are on the subject of doctors - I'm taking my newly registered self off to my local health clinic this afternoon. Only female doctor is "off for some time" so thank goodness its not a "female" or "plumbing" thing :rolleyes: The Dr I am seeing apparently trained in Germany and has an odd foreign spelled name.

(I won't mention the war.)

This is exactly the argument I used when I decided that I wasn't going to have any more smear tests. They are deeply unpleasant, and as I don't have lots of other exciting risks in my life, I decided I was going to give them up. It completely weirded my doctor out.

For me it was the way she both looked at me and spoke to me - she was completely contemptuous she didn't bother to ask me why I smoked or whether there might be some reason I smoke or if perhaps I might want to quit and was there any way she could help? Same for my weight for all she knew I could be a professional female sumo wrestler and make my living from my size, nor did she ask me if I'd ever been tested for any number of things which affect weight like thyroid for example, nope she saw fat smoker and that was that she also said I must be very wealthy to afford to smoke as much as I do - hows is that any of her business what I spend my money on or how much I spend on anything?. As for the diabetes remarks when I asked her why she thought that she said my weight made it a certainty I would get diabetes sooner rather than later - oh really? How can any one possibly say that without actually bothering to a) test my blood sugar (btw its been tested over and over again and its fine) and b) asking about my diet and if shed bothered to look shed find that hey this fat smokers cholesterol levels were lower than the last nurse I saw and were redone TWICE cos no one could believe they were that bloody low!

She also clearly hasnt come across anyone like me before - cos I do NOT respond well to this kind of thing and can get very self destructively bloody minded about it, which is why I am a fat smoker ffs!! :rolleyes:

Snow, how horrible for you. Last time I went for my test the nurse was at least two stone heavier than me and I'm a hefty 12 stone, and then lectured me about my weight :rolleyes:

RMQ: Can you get althletes foot on your hands? I think I've either got that or ringworm or something :unsure:

when I went for something, I was looked up and down and told to lose weight. I said if you read the notes you would see I have lost weight. why not encourage what people have done and not put them down! you see the boobs and think my waist is the same! she didnt like it. tough!

:laugh: i like your style!

Snow... sorry the nurse was such a b*tch to you, lecturing people won't make them give up, i would contact the practice manager and let them know how you have been treated. i refuse smears now after the last time.

i have been picking up broken glass....some eejit thought it a good idea to smash a bottle against my neighbours wall and leave the shards all over the grass where the cats and dogs walk :angry: i picked it up as you can guarantee my cat would cut himself.

I hate health care "professionals" like that! It's very counter productive, especially if you smoke, its the cause of EVERYTHING.

I last went to see my GP about 15months ago. I had a very bad infection (not related to smoking) and I told her my symptoms and she said "well I don't know what you expect me to do about" :blink: I didn't really know what to say to that so I left and I've never been back!

The girls have gone to stay at my mum & dads house until Monday. Mr Hazell & I both have the weekend off work :biggrin: We're off out for dinner in a little while then we're going to the cinema. We're having lunch out tomorrow but I haven't got a clue what to do for the rest of the weekend.

The girls have gone to stay at my mum & dads house until Monday. Mr Hazell & I both have the weekend off work :biggrin: We're off out for dinner in a little while then we're going to the cinema. We're having lunch out tomorrow but I haven't got a clue what to do for the rest of the weekend.

I'm disappointed in you :rolleyes: Are you really looking for suggestions ??:listen: We don't expect to see too much of you on here!

Thank feck its Friday!! :rolleyes:

Have a fun weekend Ms Bejo :biggrin:

I was looking forward to a lie in and nice relaxing weekend with the weather forecast being rubbish. Now I am dropping my daughter and her boyfriend to Drayton Manor tomorrow morning as a pressie for her birthday which is Tuesday as the weather forecast looks better for Saturday. The tickets are her pressie not the taxi ride. :laugh:

Snow, I am astonished that someone in the medical profession can speak to you like that and get away with it! :ohmy: I would have ripped into them for speaking to me like that. Its not a great way of encouraging people to go for the tests which are bad enough as it is! I am putting off booking for one which I had a letter about weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Mommy bear, :wavey:. Lovely to see you on here again. Where in Devon have you moved to? :flowers:

Me and Mark had a wonderful week with the dogs at HWAR rescue, staying in their caravan... we had a great time touring the wonderful, shropshire and Herefordshire countryside and bringing home a cider lake. Dogs are walked off their feet.

Visited friends who live in the Clun Forest up a mountain.

All in all would thoroughly recommend a holiday with the dogs their