UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Me and Mark had a wonderful week with the dogs at HWAR rescue, staying in their caravan... we had a great time touring the wonderful, shropshire and Herefordshire countryside and bringing home a cider lake. Dogs are walked off their feet.

Visited friends who live in the Clun Forest up a mountain.

All in all would thoroughly recommend a holiday with the dogs their

Gosh, that week went quick! Glad you had a good time :biggrin:

FFS I am spitting - there is a note on Minke's record that I will cover any treatment that ex can't afford but that under no cirumstances should they give him my number or let him speak to me. Just dug my phone out of my bag and there's a voicemail from the low lying piece of scum...........I'm at the vets. Feck I'm going to go ballistic tomorrow :angry: :mecry:

I'm due a smear test but keep putting it off :sick01:

The nurses at our practice are very nice. When I had a pelvic infection and had to have a truly horrible examination done by the GP, the nurse who was chaperoning came and held my hand!! I didn't really need her to but I thought it was such a nice thing to do.

In the room they use for the smear tests the nurses have stuck a large poster of George Clooney on the ceiling above the couch.

Just shows they have a good sense of humour! :biggrin:

Snow, I am astonished that someone in the medical profession can speak to you like that and get away with it! :ohmy: I would have ripped into them for speaking to me like that. Its not a great way of encouraging people to go for the tests which are bad enough as it is! I am putting off booking for one which I had a letter about weeks ago. :rolleyes:

In my experience people in the medical profession can speak to you any way they darned well like, and if you don't like it they can chuck you out and refuse to treat you. I have always been polite to nurses and doctors but have had some awful things said to me, mainly in my capacity as carer to late OH. Luckily most are decent enough not to take advantage, they would rather people felt better not worse, and would quite like them to to feel able to return.

On a lighter note, there was the district nurse who had a go at a stroke patient in my care for having full cream milk and butter and said it would shorten her life. The patient was very amused and said that at her age she really didn't care and intended to eat whatever she fancied. She was 99, recovered well from the stroke and lived to 103.

FFS I am spitting - there is a note on Minke's record that I will cover any treatment that ex can't afford but that under no cirumstances should they give him my number or let him speak to me. Just dug my phone out of my bag and there's a voicemail from the low lying piece of scum...........I'm at the vets. Feck I'm going to go ballistic tomorrow :angry: :mecry:

Oh sh*t, what idiot at the vets did that?? :GroupHug:

My freecycle person didn't come today as we both agreed the weather was too horrid. She is coming some time over the weekend ... and she is a doggy foster mum and knows several people I know.

Morning :tired:

Laura - glad you had a nice holiday, do they rent the caravan out at HWAR? :flowers: That's where Timmy and Max came from.

Feckin a******* :mad: :GroupHug:

Good morning all , yesterday I was at my stepsons wedding which was a lovely lovely lovely day biggrin.gif and I was dressed up like a proper girl with a dress and girlie hair. Mark and I nipped back home after the speeches and walked the dogs in all our finery much to the amusement of local dog walkers

today is back to looking like I was dragged though a hedge backwards and jeans

ooooh oooh and and and I am very excited because the World Rabies Day website have put Dogstar on their front-page ! biggrin.gif

http://www.worldrabiesday.org/

What an accolade!

Yesterday we all slept a lot and only did a few things. Not unusual for me and Polly but quite a change for Wispa. We all slept like logs last night, and a good thing too because we just might be doing some serious tracking up in Shropshire today.

I shall advise anybody thinking of going to the cinema to watch Inception that they'll have more fun poking rusty forks into their eyes :rolleyes: The last grown up film I got to see at the cinema was Pride and Prejudice and that was so utterly crud that after half an hour I wanted to walk out. I'd seen trailers for Inception and it actually looked quite good but yet again I wanted to walk out and I wouldn't have been bothered by missing the end. I know some people had difficulty understanding what the flaming heck was going on, I understood it but I just couldn't care less about the character or if he got to see his kids again :mellow:

Dinner was just as disappointing :rolleyes: The steak was nice, so was the half a grilled tomato that came with it. The side salad contained one quarter of a tomato. Who got the other quarter of my tomato? Mr Hazell was also missing a quarter of his tomato. I'm not a huge tomato fan but why on earth couldn't my plate contain a full one? :wacko: I'm hoping lunch at the allyoucanstuffyerfacewith buffett will be more satisfying. With as many tomatoes as I can shove in me gob :laugh:

Morning chaps :biggrin:

Spins, that's a lot of cash :ohmy:

I hope missing Megan is home soon. Go, Wispa :wub:

Marian, your vets deserve a big roasting, flipping idiots :mad:

Well done Dogstar :flowers:

Welcome home Laura and hounds, sounds like you had a lovely time :biggrin:

I might be transporting a puppy tomorrow. Hope I get puppy snogs :wub:

Well done Sam and Dogstar :flowers: (and are there any pics of you looking like a girl please?)

Yes, we are all off on a day out. Fugee thoughts please, for some luck in tracking down Megan the deerhound lurcher, ran off late Tues night after being clipped by car and probably holed up under a bush somewhere.

'Get yerself caught' thoughts being sent for Megan :flowers:

RMF 1 : Had a lovely walk with the dogs, who made another couple of doggy friends. Taffy also ignored a random bloke on a bike which appeared out of nowhere on the footpath. I resisted the urge to explain the meaning of 'footpath' versus 'cycle path' to him :rolleyes: (the bloke that is, not Taffy :laugh: ).

RMF 2: My living room currently stinks of a mix of wood varnish and fox poo :sick01:

I am now chilling out with a cuppa before I start cleaning and doing stuff.

Merledogs HWAR do rent the caravan out :flowers: i have thought about going but i would have a hard time with laney and i would come home with more than i went with :laugh:

Happy little green squirrel glad you had a nice time at the wedding :flowers:

:ohmy: :ohmy: £200 for a grass seed!

good luck with tracking the litte deerhound.... hope she is found safe

Phoebejo.... i reckon the chef ate your quarter of tomato.... fill your boots at the buffet!

Chickentikka...... is it possible that the vets dialled the number and passed him the phone? not right of them to do it any way and i would raise the issue with the practice manager and get them to let the staff know that no contact from him means NO contact :flowers:

sorry if i have missed anybody... i am still half asleep....woken up with a really bad earache in the night so i guess at some point i will need a doctor over the weekend, not seen a proper emergency doctor for at least 10 years :unsure: