UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Thoroughly enjoyed Expendables -so over the top and soooo funny I thought at one point I was going to end up deaf from all the guns and explosions I've never seen so many things go BOOM in one film. Loved that none of them took themselves at all seriously and loved the way they all seemed to be having so much fun sending themselves up. Highly recommended for Stallone or Statham fans, or anyone who likes films where lots and lots of bullets go flying lots and lots of things get blown up and the baddys are baddys and the good guys are the good guys.

Ah, poor Cliffy is properly in the wars. Don't beat yourself up Nige, you've spotted it now and he's been checked by the vet. You can only do what you can do :GroupHug:

Does anyone know what the small yellow fruit is that's ripe and falling from trees at the minute? I thought it was damsons but I've just googled and they are plum coloured. There is loads of the stuff round the streets here, I thought I might make some jam or something if it's edible :unsure: If no one replies, I'll just pick one up off the road tomorrow and taste it. Hopefully a cleanish one that no ones dog has pizzed on :biggrin:

Ah, poor Cliffy is properly in the wars. Don't beat yourself up Nige, you've spotted it now and he's been checked by the vet. You can only do what you can do :GroupHug:

Does anyone know what the small yellow fruit is that's ripe and falling from trees at the minute? I thought it was damsons but I've just googled and they are plum coloured. There is loads of the stuff round the streets here, I thought I might make some jam or something if it's edible :unsure: If no one replies, I'll just pick one up off the road tomorrow and taste it. Hopefully a cleanish one that no ones dog has pizzed on :biggrin:

is it a green gage? Some of them are yellow and they are ripe now. If it is you can defo make puds and jam with them :flowers:

That sounds like the sort of thing Gertie would do devil.gif

hope the doctor can help you liebe94.gif

congratulations bigsmiley.gif

I just want a job , do they have vacancies for molehill identification ?

They don't believe molehill's exist, only mountains...

Any joys on job hunting? Can you not be a project manager somewhere or are you looking for trains?

Mxxx

I'm not sure Abby. I've just googled greengages but my fruits are very definitely yellow rather than greenish. They are smaller than plums but very plum shaped. The leaves are quite small too :unsure:

Quinces? Though those are usually a bit bigger than a plum.

Oh yes, Owly one, do you know what an irridescent (sp?) green coloured flying insect - looked like a house fly but a little slimmer - but so shiny - would be?

I can identify common lepidoptera plus bees and a few beetles and bugs but know practically 0 about flies, so best bet is to look on one of the online identification guides.

http://www.amentsoc.org/insects/what-bug-is-this/adult-key.html

http://www.wildguideuk.com/

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/life/insects-spiders/

Did you rescue your dippy sponge cake?

Belated Happy Birthday to Mindy, glad it was a good one.

I can identify common lepidoptera plus bees and a few beetles and bugs but know practically 0 about flies, so best bet is to look on one of the online identification guides.

Did you rescue your dippy sponge cake?

And there was me thinking you were an infallible recogniser of anything outside my back door. :laugh:

I turned my dippy sponge cake upside down and inside out and it looks extremely presentable. All packed up in its tin ready to go.

The only thing I'm slightly worried about now is that the prospective purchaser is know for cycling too and from work on a rather wonky bike, and, in any case, has an 'individual' cycling style. And that's how my cake will be travelling before consumption. :ohmy:

Happy Birthday Tobleronie.

Today I am in the office all on my own - well, not actually on my own as in there's around 1,500 other people around, but all on my own in my Department - which means the other 1,499 are all going to telephone me and send me e-mails I guess. Apart from the ones who are on holiday - which probably means our overseas colleagues will make up for that.

Physio at 4.00 pm - which is great because it will force me to leave the office at 3.30 pm (which is supposedly my Friday finish time - not that you'd know it!)