UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

"Mrs B, on 31 July 2010 - 10:45 PM, said:

Would you like lots and lots of Fugees to suggest them?

HLGS

can't hurt

Spins4me, on 31 July 2010 - 10:46 PM, said:

Just had a look at the site How do you pay for all this stuff? (As in how is it funded not do you use a credit card?)

HLGS

well we have lovely supporters who help with donations towards the monthly bills and since i have stopped working my redundancy payout helped rather a lot plus we do stands and stalls at weekends ( we have one tomorrow ) and people sponsor dogs etc

Sutures are not cheap ( that site is actually very cheap for Vicryl the brand we use ) and I do beg short dated supplies from Vets and even hospitals when I can to keep the old costs down. I buy most of the other drugs in Sri Lanka but things like injectable Metacam comes from the UK and thats not cheap ( £ 50 a bottle at cost ) plus I have to pay and renew my user and import licence every 6 months

Equipment is the killer cost , we are currently trying to raise the £1250 we need for a microscope , additionally I need another 5k to finish kitting out the clinic part of the new building and buy more surgical equipment ( WSPA are hopefully helping me with that ) "

Sam, I haven't been able to quote this back properly as July's RMF thread is closed, but just to let you know that I am off to create a demand on EasyFundraising for 'esuture' to be added to the list. :biggrin:

Meanwhiles, I have decided that I will donate profits from my August Cake Sales at Work to Dogstar - hope this doesn't raise your expectations too high as I just leave cakes on a desk and hope to come out with a tenner or so at the end of the month for charity. To my way of thinking it's a tenner more than you would have had!

If you had 5 minutes to put a spiel together of "Dogstar is currently fundraising for .......... with perhaps a few £10 will buy X, £20 will buy Y, I'll put that in a prominent place on the desk, and perhaps use it to suggest to people that is what I am aiming for. Think I still have a Dogstar leaflet Mr Squirrel e-maileded to me some time.

RMF Whilst I was doing some jobs upstairs I suddenly had this thought that I was going to sort out all my little paper cake cases - you know for muffins and petit-fours and the like, 'cause they were all over the cupboard annoying me. In my house it is always a good idea to do jobs when I have 'the urge'. Having decided this would take me a good half hour, it actually took me a good two minutes! Just off upstairs to find a suitable box to store them all in now.

Edited by Mrs B