UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

morning :wacko:

must say that although someone very close by had fireworks to rival those at the beijing olympics it was much quieter than usual last night, i suspect it will be bad on saturday though with three local pubs having displays and the councils annual one less than a mile away too.

Spent last night at the stables till after 11pm as i discovered our mare is terrified of fireworks :( Popped in to check on them and found her literally climbing the walls in panic. Ended up having a go at some people who were having their own display close by as they were letting off fireworks for about 5 mins at a time then having a 10 min break before repeating it again, after over 2 hours of this i lost the plot. They finally stopped at 10.15pm :mad:I'm phoning vets today to see if i can get some sedative in case its needed over the next few nights :(

morning. Ive had a lie in and am now contemplating a shopping trip in London. The fireworks here last night were like WW2 and kept going for hours. my friends cats didnt seem to bothered but i pity any pets that couldnt cope as it was relentless.

Some dozy sod has been letting them off this morning which seems to defeat the object of them though.

Its somewhat noisy in London after living in the middle of fields :unsure:

My agility training is held in the indoor riding school of Ferring Country Centre, which has riding for special needs amongst other things. There is a caravan park owner next to the Country Centre (came after centre) who app doesn't get on well with those who run the centre. Last night he was letting fireworks off AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to the Centre!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I am hoping there was people in with the horses last night, some of the dogs were a bit spooked but Glen was OK :wub: The rockets seemed to be going off right over the school. :mad:

It's freezing here but I am too tight to put the heating on. I'm sat at the computer in my new Egyptian scarf and some fingerless gloves. And some other clothes of course, obviously :laugh:

Sophie, I hope there is no damage to the other car and he's just being over-cautious :GroupHug:

Morning :wavey:

(Oops it's afternoon)

Hope poorly fugees and dogs all get better soon :GroupHug:

For those shopping online, please remember easy fundraising. Oldies Club has an account, so does Dogstar and others so you can fundraise as you shop, without any additional costs to yourself :)

The Oldies Club link is here:

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/oldiesclub :biggrin:

I shopped for the first time using easyfundraising last week - so easy and does raise some much needed funds for the good causes :)

morning. Ive had a lie in and am now contemplating a shopping trip in London. The fireworks here last night were like WW2 and kept going for hours.

Its somewhat noisy in London after living in the middle of fields :unsure:

Shopping - in London - on a Friday - are you mad woman :ohmy:

The fireworks do go on for hours here - you should have seen at Diwali :rolleyes:

You soon get used to the noise - I have :laugh:

Hope everyone has a good day :)

Back from the vet - saw Hannes the surgeon today - news isn't great as Nog looks to be facing more surgery on the other hand walkies can restart and start building up to some serious exercise as the plan now is "operation fuse those bones" laugh.gif I'll update in more detail in his main thread.

One of my colleagues from social services has died very suddenly and unexpectedly :( He was such a lovely man and even when working with the most difficult of families did it with such tact and humour to make them feel at ease.It's really thrown me and he will be so missed.Why do the good ones get taken and not the arseholes?

In farting news Dylan is making up for lost time yesterday whilst at the vets and starved :sick01: Any one got a gas mask?

Evening :tired:

Spent last night at the stables till after 11pm as i discovered our mare is terrified of fireworks :( Popped in to check on them and found her literally climbing the walls in panic. Ended up having a go at some people who were having their own display close by as they were letting off fireworks for about 5 mins at a time then having a 10 min break before repeating it again, after over 2 hours of this i lost the plot. They finally stopped at 10.15pm :mad:I'm phoning vets today to see if i can get some sedative in case its needed over the next few nights :(

Poor thing, give her a big squish from me please :GroupHug:

One of my colleagues from social services has died very suddenly and unexpectedly :( He was such a lovely man and even when working with the most difficult of families did it with such tact and humour to make them feel at ease.It's really thrown me and he will be so missed.Why do the good ones get taken and not the arseholes?

My thoughts are with his family :GroupHug:

RMF : Traffic was horrendous on the way down to Coventry due to a cow deciding to have a wander on the M6 :wacko: Then they managed to shift that cow and another one wandered on :wacko: so because 3 of us were stuck in the same traffic, the meeting started late and finished late, then I got caught in horrid traffic on the M6 coming back north again. An 11 hour round trip in all, deep joy :huh:

Fireworks were horrendous here last night and have already started tonight :(