UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Fugees,

Just catching up. Lots of good thoughts for Stan, and hoping Alex gets some reassuring news asap. Glad George is better than expected.

Dogs and car have been moved to where they needed to be for the weekend, feeding of small creatures is sorted, bag is packed. all I have to do is be ready with breakfast eaten by 7 am tomorrow, fall into friend's car and fall out at destination.

It is a day of very mixed news here. Concerning Mummy Owl, it's great. Although nothing much was found in her lungs, the cause of her confuzzlement and not eating and general weakness was revealed today. The cystitis came back, and the consultant was suspicious as no bug should have survived the ABs she has had. The lab identified the culprit, an uncommon urinary bug which is resistant to nearly all antibiotics. There is one specific AB which can be used to treat it. Mum started on it intravenously today, and this evening my sister says she is like a different person. All confusion has gone and appetite has come back. Nausea mostly gone as well, and she can walk to the bathroom.

The sad news is of my friend Mary's son Tim. He got very upset about being refused funding to go to a Cheshire Home, and even though everyone assured him he would get it as everyone was fighting his corner, his state of mind and also his heart condition worsened. He is now not strong enough to survive the op he needs to replace a valve, and is fading fast. Mary is distraught. I didn't know what to say to her :mecry: We will never know whether events would have taken this turn anyway, but the grief and disappointment certainly didn't help.

Melps, I am very sad to hear about your friend :GroupHug: :mecry: What a needless loss.

:GroupHug: Shazzy

Melf, sending good thoughts for Stan :GroupHug:

Very pleased to hear the good news about Mummy Owl :flowers:

Very sad news for Tim and Mary :( :GroupHug:

Wiggle :wub: :wub:

I decided this afternoon that Bob needed to be groomed as his coat had gone too long. About quarter way through, my clippers decided to not work anymore. I couldn't leave the poor chap a bit clipped so had to finish with scissors. It's not a great job but it's not *that* bad either.

And I don't know what Misty was laughing at - she's next :devil:

:laugh:

My back is doing better today but I've got a headache now so I think it's time for bed soon if it's cool enough to sleep.

I'm afraid I've forgotten some people from earlier who needed :GroupHug:

Rumpole - good wishes being sent for Stan :GroupHug:

Owl - great news about your Mum. Terrible news about Tim :GroupHug:

It's raining here and we have lightning. I have the telly up loud so not sure if there's thunder but Misty clinging to me suggests that there is. It's the only time the wagon ever comes near me :laugh:

I think Bob has forgiven me :wub:

Oh Owl, I was :) and :( for you when I read your post.

Good wishes on their way for Stan.

Bob, I think we need photos to see what damage your Mummy has done to you - you were looking a very handsome chap in the last photo I saw, now I'm quite :unsure:

I have just finished packing the last of my baking for tomorrow. I HAD to bake cakes for an order - and of course they've taken forever to cool down - but at long last the Mincemeat and Orange reached packing temperature. And I "think" I've worked out my baking list for next week. Unless there's any requests .......

Now the boxes are all stacked up on the computer chair, and I was sick of printing labels off standing up, leaning over the dogs who of course all want to lie around underneath the computer. Problem now solved, I've discovered if I sit on the folding steps, I can type in comfort. :D

Anyway, I'm off to bed - I'm probably typing in my sleep as it is!

Owl - I am so pleased to hear the great news about mummyowl :flowers: For Mary and Tim :GroupHug:

RMF : The air conditioning in our bit of the office broke down yesterday so am hoping today isn't going to be quite as hot as it was horrible in the office in the afternoon :wacko:

:flowers: For Mummyowl.

:GroupHug: For Mary and Tim

:GroupHug: Stan and George.

Sorry you're having the stress at work Alex, hope it all works out. :flowers: (and hope the Air-con gets sorted)

I'm off to work this morning and packing my things to move to a different office. finish at lunchtime to pack for the OC camping trip. Fingers crossed the car makes it.

RMF: I feel sick :unsure:

Edited by houndzrus

Morning everyone.

Is anyone following Demi Moore on Twitter?

She's just gone up in my estimation.

She has just been looking after a pit bull pup, and someone sent her a message saying ' Pit bulls R a threat 2 the safety of all Americans'

her reply was 'These R sweet natured dogs who've been mistreated & used by humans!'

Good for her.

Now, back to getting ready for camping.

Just been to Runcorn and back. They have a thing in Warrington called 'Walking Day' for each of the parishes (I think) and its mine today. All the kids from the primary schools have just been walking down the road into town and they looked soooo cute, all ringlets and little suits :wub:

But anyway - CAMPING! wooo, should be leaving in about an hour!