UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Happy birthday Jazz, have a great day shopping. :cheer: :comic19: :comic19: :boldred: :jammin: :beerchug:

Yay for Griff's privacy now those fence panels are in place :bigsmiley:

Archie peed on the dining room carpet through the night. He did ask to be out at 5am, not sure if he did it before then or around that time or even after. Thank goodness we still have the Bissell and pet formulation shampoo for it from Georgie Porgie's day. It soon cleaned it up.

Ruby is experiencing stabbing pains in the incision area where the kidney and tumour were removed. She came down this morning, had her breakfast, a little potter around and then went back to bed to have a snooze. She can now lie on the opposite side to the main incision and is much more comfortable in bed. I think she overdid things on Monday when she had visitors. She got another visitor yesterday but she could see Ruby wasn't feeling so hot so she literally popped in and popped out again.

It's interesting about the keyhole surgery being more painful than "normal" surgery. I haven't told her that though I will eventually. I wonder if it's because the instruments are sweeping around IYKWIM?

Happy Birthday Jazz!

Has Ruby got plenty of pillows to put behind her when she's lying on her side so she doesn't roll over when she's asleep and wake up going owww? How's your leg today, Yantan? I wonder, has it 100% been diagnosed as sciatica? Only asking because a work colleague of Philip's had been having physio for ages for "sciatica", eventually she went privately to see someone for scans and it turns out she had two compressed discs and had to have an op to sort it out.

I've pinched something a woman on the closed mets forum I belong to put on. It may apply to one of us (or more!) or to a family member, but I thought it worth keeping. I'm going to print it out and wave it around in time of need!.

Please pardon me.

I can’t say I’m sorry anymore. I know I haven’t been myself. I don’t know what being myself even means. I think this is myself, and the only self I can be.

Please pardon me,

I know it’s been hard to support me, I’m so depressed…

I know it’s uncomfortable to see your friend your mom your aunt your sister your cousin your niece your lover your partner your patient your hero your strength go through what could very realistically be the end of her life. I know it’s hard to support that, to believe it to accept it

But to discount it to try to sugarcoat it to try to glass half full it to try to force hope instead of face reality is to make me invisible…to discount me to make me sob, to really not support me to not be with me wherever I happen to be at that time, at this time. Now today where I am.

My grief overwhelms me I never thought life would turn out this way, and it’s been hard especially exhausting these last 11 years living with this dirty sneaky metastatic breast cancer disease. Having to advocate so hard for myself 100% of the time, one hundred percent of the time, all the time, no breaks.

And yes, there’s been moments even months maybe even years of hope and of confidence and of living fully in the present and feeling pretty good. But there’s also been days hours weeks months years and decades of living with fear and trying-trying-trying to carve out a life to set goals and to live, to live fully.

I can no longer apologize for being unreliable. For my anxiety. For my fear. For having to leave early. For having to cancel last minute. For needing so much. For being so sad. For being so scared. For not knowing what I need. For not knowing how to ask when I do know. And for being so needy.

I don't know whether to find it encouraging or not to think she's had this for 11 years!

I can only say please pardon me and please don’t leave me.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 2

Happy birthday Jazz, have a great day shopping. :cheer: :comic19: :comic19: :boldred: :jammin: :beerchug:

Yay for Griff's privacy now those fence panels are in place :bigsmiley:

Archie peed on the dining room carpet through the night. He did ask to be out at 5am, not sure if he did it before then or around that time or even after. Thank goodness we still have the Bissell and pet formulation shampoo for it from Georgie Porgie's day. It soon cleaned it up.

Ruby is experiencing stabbing pains in the incision area where the kidney and tumour were removed. She came down this morning, had her breakfast, a little potter around and then went back to bed to have a snooze. She can now lie on the opposite side to the main incision and is much more comfortable in bed. I think she overdid things on Monday when she had visitors. She got another visitor yesterday but she could see Ruby wasn't feeling so hot so she literally popped in and popped out again.

It's interesting about the keyhole surgery being more painful than "normal" surgery. I haven't told her that though I will eventually. I wonder if it's because the instruments are sweeping around IYKWIM?

jIm had these stabbing pains , Yantan.

With keyhole they insert gas to make room to work. that cause pains in the shoulder and back for a while afterwards.

I think the only advantage of keyhole is less cutting of muscle and less scarring. But everything inside has to be moved out of the way and if things are stuck together they need to be pared apart.

I watched a video on youtube for Jim's operation and it took about an hour to just separate the organs to get access to the kidney and adrenal gland. Then things get shunted about.

My mother was a theatre nurse and said it was no wonder you are sore after an op as you should see how the haul your insides about.

I hope she still had painkillers.

Ibuprofen did nothing for JIm but our GP said he was thinking out of the box and gave him something to calm the bowels as he thought they were objecting to being moved about. They did work for him.

• Like 1

im sorry my brain wont read all that, ill do it bit by bit

I got a pair of harry potter shoes reduced, a harry potter mug reduced

lewis gave me a Tesco gift card to get a months shopping, I got harry potter stuff off 2 friends

got back to find hugo had weed on the sofa twice and someone had knocked the water over. cant have everything lol

• Like 2

Oops! my edited remark cut in before her last sentence, and it wouldn't let me edit again. The last sentence is hers, not mine.

But equally applies to you and we're not leaving you, so if you feel any or all of the above in that ladies post then I hope you know you can come on here and say so and we're with you all the way. And from what you've said of Philip I'm sure he is too. And here's to at least 11 years :bighug:

• Like 5

Thanks ladies, it's much appreciated.

The temperature is dropping quite quickly here, much to Candy's relief! She doesn't do hot weather, she huffs and puffs from the minute she wakes up. I have had the vet check her heart, no problems there, she just feels the heat.

Everybody must be having a life. How very dare you!

My neighbour gave me some plumbs from her allotment tuther day and I made a crumble from them today. Gosh it was good! There's enough left for us tomorrow too.

We got a little bit of sun earlier but it's gone back to heavy showers this evening. Tomorrow is going to be better before we get a return to the rain on Sunday. I don't mind. It's a bank holiday weekend and I will be staying put, keeping out of the way of the invading hordes. Everyone we know who lives in Cockermouth keeps telling us that we will really appreciate the all year round quietness now they know we want to move there. They do get tourists but it's not a big industry like it is here.

Ruby went to bed early tonight as she was experiencing a lot of pain but she was up and dressed this morning and made our tea this evening.

She was talking of having a little walk around the block tomorrow but we'll see how she feels in the morning and what the weather is like.