UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Jim takes an eye mask and ear plugs when he goes into hospital. He can't sleep if there is a light on and the constant comings and goings or snoring disturbs his sleep

Years ago they used to wake you up to give you sleeping tablets. Everybody got a Mogadon each night.

We have an SSPCA kennels near us but I have not been in. I keep away as any event they have everybody has to go round the kennels and see the current inmates. I would be too tempted.

I spent the night in hospital after I hit my head and went all funny. Once they established that I didn't have a fractured skull and administered pain relief all I wanted to do was sleep. They only kept coming to wake me up every hour to check I was OK and responsive. I was ready to murder the nurses.

Unless things change overnight I am leaving at 8am tomorrow to pick Ruby up. If I am not on here during the morning and early afternoon it means it's all a go.

Fingers crossed Ruby gets out tomorrow. It's over 40 years since I spent a night in hospital (birth of my son) but I do remember wanting to physically harm those who snored. One and only time I realised what a violent person I could be to complete strangers. Nowadays it's only my OH who gets battered lol. And at least one of us can go and sleep in a spare room when it gets too much xx

• Like 1

I saw a GP last night..locum but not a kid, thank goodness. He's given me codeine to take with the paracetamol I've already got, and said if it doesn't work he'll go straight to oromorph. I did say that if these side effects keep up I'm giving up on the Letrozole and he just nodded and said a lot of people do. He didn't give me any sleeping pills as he's hoping that the codeine will help me sleep, but if they don't I'll go back.

When I landed up in the critical coronary ward I hardly slept a wink, alarms kept going off on machines, then some woman flooded her bed with blood because her cannula came out, it was mayhem! When they said the next day I'd need to stay in another few days for observation I flatly refused, one night was more than enough.

Hope all is ok with Ruby.

I spent the night in hospital after I hit my head and went all funny. Once they established that I didn't have a fractured skull and administered pain relief all I wanted to do was sleep. They only kept coming to wake me up every hour to check I was OK and responsive. I was ready to murder the nurses.

Unless things change overnight I am leaving at 8am tomorrow to pick Ruby up. If I am not on here during the morning and early afternoon it means it's all a go.

When I read this I thought you meant last night and couldn't believe you were going to drive to Newcastle this morning.

Then I realised it was an earlier event. Thank goodness.

Have had a very breezy walk on the beach and the dogs are now chewing on their bones. All's well in their world.

Hope the painkillers work , Suzeanna.

Ruby is home. She's very sore & felt every pot hole & speed bump on the way home. We've just had a sandwich with a big pot of tea & she took painkillers which are now starting to take effect.

Actually since writing the above I've tucked her up in bed. She wanted to sit down here was too uncomfortable. She has a tv in her room & I've put everything within easy reach.

I think she will fall asleep pretty quickly as she only got abt 3 hours sleep last night. That chap was moaning and shouting again - he was just a young fella too. Then they started erecting scaffolding right outside her ward at 5am!!

Oh and as I'd just got set off a young lad ran into the back of me! There's more damage to his car but Ruby's car, which I was driving, will need some attention to the body work.

I said to the lad "perhaps you'll learn to leave a stopping distance after this". He roared up behind me just as I was braking to keep under the 30mph limit and bang!

He was decent and apologised & I stayed calm & was quite nice to him. Just hope no one persuades him to make a story up to try & get out of it.

I got photos of both cars & the damage, as did he & I took a photo of his driving licence for his details.

Black magic thank you I got the excerises

Very much appreciated.

Griff Ruby says thank you for the lovely card :)

Oh gosh Suzeanna...i do hope the scan shows nothing bad...well badder

Awww Yantan... doesn't matter what he says...he ran u the bum of you... therefore his fault...he is lucky you are decent or he could be adding personal injury

Lol...Ruby is very welcome, made me chuckle... hope she gets some quality rest now she is home

I missed some posts with starting a reply on my phone & then leaving it whilst I got Ruby settled.

Black magic I'm sorry I missed an essential word out and should have written I ONCE spent a night in hospital. It was over 20 years ago!

Susanna I missed you saying you had to go for an urgent scan. I will be thinking about you & hoping for a decent outcome.

Ruby is on codeine and paracetamol too.

I have to give her a daily jab of blood thinner for the next month starting tonight.

My bloody leg is paining me from the drive to Newcastle & back. I'll be raiding Ruby's medications if it doesn't ease up soon.

Yantan. does heat help? My electric underblanket was a godsend as I could lie on the heat.

Some people find cold works better and use an ice pack or a pack of frozen peas inside a towel for skin protection.

I tried the various pain relief gels but nothing made much difference.

What worked much better was Forever Living Heat Lotion. You can apply it as often as you need and could also take painkillers at the same time.

https://shop.foreverliving.com/retail/shop/shopping.do?itemCode=064&task=viewProductDetail

The annoying thing with it was I could do things without feeling pain but then later on it would be painful.

The exercises with the asterix at them are the ones she recommended for me. Some, she reduced the number of repeats until it felt easier. Do them twice a day at least ( I did some when I woke up and some when I went to bed)but three times is better. I didn't do them all at once I varied what I diid and found what seemed to be of more benefit. The one that really worked with me is the one where you press the small of your back into the bed and hold, then release. Or do it several times in quick succession. Remember to keep breathing normally, not hold your breath.

Good luck finding some relief.

Ruby, will rest better at home in her own bed. Make sure she takes it easy.

She has had major surgery and her body needs to recover and adjust.

It also takes a few days for the gas you inhale and the gas they pump into to leave your body.

• Like 1

Sorry you're suffering so much Suzeanna. Hope the new mix of pain relief works and the scan doesn't reveal anything nasty. Well nastier than you're currently dealing with.

Fingers crossed Ruby is now asleep and on the road to recovery.

Nothing interesting to report, did dog walks, lots of work in the garden, cooked dinner and am watching Chelsea beat Arsenal (though still 10 minutes to go so could all change). Probably watch a bit of boxing later

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening xx

Edited by eve

Lol Eve, that's exactly what Steve is doing! Footie and boxing.

There was a fun day on the fields behind his house today so we went, flyer said plants so off I went armed with my bag...and came home with nothing! They give you free food and drink cakes etc, Steve had lentil daal and rice, we can't figure out if it's the council, housing association or someone else who puts it on....nice all the same

• Like 1