UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Oooh that sounds nice Griff. I hope you are going.

I'm going for a trim later. I can't believe how much my hair has grown in the past 6 weeks. I went much shorter at the last trim because of the heat. I don't think I need to take that into consideration this time :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, not sure Yantan... you can't take your own food and drink and it's about £5 a pint! I am lucky that I can often hear it in my back garden so I can sit in my chair in the garden with a beer or two

Good luck with the haircut, I got mine done last week and she used some ghd spray on it...I don't need to straighten my hair everyday niw

It is indeed, I baulk at paying 7.90 for 2pints at my local...much prefer the 6 quid at the legion lol

Pleased your hair cut went well,I always worry about getting mine done... especially the Fringe coz if it goes badly I have to live with it

Made dinner for dad and Steve, I put the chopped sausages in raw to the casserole as per instructions and then had a panic when Steve said you can't do that...a*se!

Yes you can Griff as you no doubt told him!

I am making a favourite of Ruby's - mince, carrots, peas and mash with some broccoli thrown in coz it needs used. We are going to eat a bit earlier as she is finding her tea weighs heavy in her tummy as she is still going to bed pretty early. So hopefully eating an hour to an hour-and-a- half earlier will help with that. She is having pretty small portions as it is but is enjoying food more now than she was this time last week.

• Like 1

I don't eat meat, I don't do eggs or dairy if I can help it but the Dr says I have to have a bit of cheese. Ido however love carbs, potatoes, pasta, bread... can't get enough of them... probably accounts for me getting a chunk lol.

I tend to have my tea before anyone gets back from work as it's easier for me to be out the way and then walk the dogs. I did eat super early today as I was starving....but did now the lawn after it so don't feel so bad now

Been raining most of the day here. Got Cooper out on his walk - bit drizzly when we started but the heavens opened on our way back and we got drenched. Honey and Nick declined to go out lol.

Jazz, is there not somewhere else you can leave Hugo when you go out so that he can't wee on sofas etc? Or block his access to it in some way? I agree with Griff's suggestion of making the crate a fun place to be. It's what we did with Nick and though we haven't needed to put him in it when we go out for a long time he still chooses to go in there with his treats and sometimes just to chill out.

Sounds like Ruby is making steady progress Yantan. Everything crossed it carries on that way.

We eat pretty late compared to you lot by the sound of it. Stems back to when I was working I guess. Used to get home about 6ish, take the dogs out, sort their dinner then finally get around to mine. So was usually around 8 before I could sit down to eat. Just got used to that routine though it's not necessary now I'm just not hungry before then.

Hope everyone is as well as they can be (still got my cold, moan, moan, lol)

I'm at the dentists tomorrow. Just a check up though. I'm going with my neighbour so no doubt we will be shopping in Lidl's afterwards. I don't need to rush back for Archie as Ruby will be here so that's a bonus.

Eve I hope you didn't get rained on during this morning's walk.

Oh dear Jazz, hope it soon clears up. My eldest grandson has impetigo..on his second lot of antibiotics now, and he's due to start the new term on Monday!

I've got an appointment with the oncologist tomorrow morning. I want to try to pin him down regarding my scans, you are meant to be able to see them but no one has shown me mine, and I really want to know if he has any idea of how long I'm likely to be around for. I know some people don't want to know, but I do. I don't know whether to plan for a holiday next year, Christmas, anything. It's rather unsettling.

Griff, when I get my hair cut, I always say don't touch my fringe then I do myself at home. That way I've only myself to blame if I don't like it! I do have proper hairdressing scissors, I don't use the nail ones:)

Jazz and Eve, hope you both feel better soon and likewise for your grandson Suzeanna...not sure if it would work or not but I use lemon balm oil for cold sores

I don't blame you at all for wanting to know what's what....I have my credit scans on a disk...and my x-rays

Yantan good luck with the dentist and enjoy lidl

Take care, Jazz.

We get charged £50 if we miss a dentist appointment without giving 24 hours notice.

I was there last week but only needed scale and polish, if I wanted one or I could leave it 6 months until my next check up.

I opted to to have it done. It is one of the lesser minions who does it. Our dentist is 'too busy' to do such minor things.

Poor grandson , Suzeanna, impetigo is horrible. I can remember , when a child, the purple gentian violet used for it.

JIm gets to see his scans on the monitor. They usually show him but, if not, he asks to see it.

Our hospital is very much into patient information.

The consultant often dictates his letter to the GP while we are there so we hear what he is saying. If not he get a copy of the letter.

Our GP would show us anyway if we asked.

Don't spend too much in Lidl, Yantan.

We had rain at 8am but it is now warm and dry.

Have been into town, made a casserole which is in the oven and mopped the kitchen, shower room, dining hall and lounge.

Now having a well earned rest