UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Gently does it for Ruby. A little bit each day. Your body will tell when you do too much.

We have had heavy showers all day but the fields and the gardens need it. I had to water my pots yesterday. Unheard of up here in August.

The nights are getting colder and getting dark. It was getting dark at 9 pm last night.

The long nights never seem to last as long as the early dark ones. We have daylight nearly all night in June but in winter it is dark at 3pm which I hate.

I went to Steve's but it was a nightmare!! Mum and dad got back late, then the bus didn't come and then the bus to Steve's was missing too....he drove me home though bless him

I would maybe just try to the end of the road if I was Ruby.

morning all

lungs and stomach playing up so i could be talking to you from the loo, ooo if I get this on my mobile. mmm how do I do that then? my brain really is more mushy than it was

went to my friends yesterday. shes clearing out so brought home a carrier bag of tinned fish for these

I love you all xxx

Tis a better day today than yesterday as in it's not raining but it feels cold. Ruby took Archie round the block and felt OK. She got another bouquet this morning and I had to resort to putting them in a large cocktail shaker! It looks good :)

Archie got me up at 6.30 so I stayed up. Because I had my breakfast then I feel like it's lunchtime all ready.

Jazz are you asking how to get this forum on your phone? If that's so just Google "the refuge dog forum", click on the link it returns and sign in.

Sunny here but had a lot of rain during the night so it feels nice and fresh. Definitely getting a bit more autumnal though.

So pleased Ruby managed a little stroll with Archie. Will boost her confidence no end.

Hope you're feeling better soon Jazz. We love you too.

Hope you had a nice time at Steve's despite the nightmare journey Griff. Think the bus here just comes once a week on a Thursday for the market in the nearby town. But at least it always turns up!

Mmm, plum crumble sounds lovely Yantan. Can I have some please - perfect comfort food.

I have a cold and am lacking in energy. So of course today all 3 dogs wanted long walks. Good to be out in the fresh air but 3 and a half hours later and I'm about ready for my bed lol. Lazy afternoon for me I think. The weeds will still be there tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday xx

We only have it for mixing mojitos Griff which we have about once a year!

Ruby just got a delivery from Betty's Of York, the lovely tearooms. Some friends from Jersey sent her a box of delights to aid her recovery. There's Yorkshire shortbread, Yorkshire ginger bread, Fat Rascals and a box of Betty's own blended tea. Thank dawg it wasn't flowers because they would have had to go in an empty Hellemans Mayo jar!

Eve there is crumble left and you'd be very welcome to a dish :) Yes indeedy the weeds will be there tomorrow for sure. They are just about the only things that flourish in our garden.

• Like 2