UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Thanks both, Very are selling a later model for £150 and I can spread the payment..I think if the repair is more than £50 I should do that, I am just worried I will break it again lol. Sounds silly struggling to pay for a phone

Marion, that is very kind of you! This one is a hairline crack right through the middle horizontally so at least I can use it.

Off for lunch so best get a wriggle on... decisions to be made, what to wear?

OK Griff but it's here if you want it any time.

Raining persistently here. I decided not to take Archie out as he wasn't up to it early on - he had a touch of acid reflux. He's feeling better now but I'm not! Ruby had a great day yesterday and was up to visitors which she enjoyed but it's a different story today. She is in quite a lot of pain and discomfort. She got showered and dressed yesterday but can't be bothered today.

She's been sent so many flowers I had to go round the neighbours asking for the loan of vases.

We have both got into Forged In Fire and are fascinated with the blade making process.

Thanks Marion, I really appreciate the offer, a company just got back to me..... £60 but they need the phone for 2hours, it only cost £100 and I don't want to leave my phone with strangers for 2hours, this one works so will make do for now

Oh yeah....lunch was lovely too, sat in the beer garden.

• Like 1

Yantan, it is very easy to overdo it when you think you feel better but are not as good as you thought you were. Up one day and down the next is normal.

JIm spent many days just sitting on the couch.

He did get up and dressed every day although he couldn't face a shower. They don't get to lie in bed all day in the hospital and are encouraged to walk a little each day to help their recovery and prevent blood clots forming.

Jim used to walk out the back door and round the house back to the back door.

He went with me when I went shopping but stayed in the car.

It took him three months to feel 'normal'.

If you are really old, Jazz, I must be Methuselah!

Agility tonight and a demo on Saturday at a local Marymas Fair.

Next week we head down to Edinburgh for week to see family.

The rest of September is busy with medical appointments for both of us. I have a diabetic eye test and a mammogram and Jim has a blood test and a CT. What fun!

• Like 1

lewis is taking me to lakeside tomorrow, its a big shopping centre, the but of every essex joke. its has primark, with harry potter stuff. i got a nightie last time, its so soft and comfy. i dont need any more, but i want one. you know what i mean girls. ill be the one in the wheelchair shouting ooo over there! lol

I support a charity that helps homeless people out with vet treatment, food and toys for their dogs as well as supporting the owners with whatever they can help them with. Although this 78 year old chap wasn't homeless he had spent what little money he had on treatment for his Staffie and got very distressed when his beloved dog had a relapse and he couldn't afford to take her to the vets. Cutting a long story short this charity got involved and treated his dog for free. He was over the moon. Then the charity found out that although he had a bungalow, he didn't have any furniture, or a cooker and was sitting in a deck chair. They went round to see him and asked what they could do to help. He asked "could I please get a bed for my dog". Well that set me off :mecry:

Ruby is moving around the house. I have been quite the housewife today. I made a bacon and egg quiche for lunch, cauliflower cheese for tea and have done the washing. There was a lot of oooh's, ow's and bloody Norah-ing going on throughout :rolleyes: :laughingsmiley:

Have fun Jazz

Busy times for you blackmagic

Awww bless Archie and Ruby, I think people think keyhole is a lesser op... it's not and although a smaller wound all the bruising and pulling etc is the same.

Quite right, Griff. Even the medical people say recovery is easier from keyhole but Jim had open surgery from his navel to his pubic bone and then three months later keyhole surgery on his kidney.

Recovery from the open surgery was much easier than the keyhole surgery.

When he mentioned it to our GP he agreed with him, having had keyhole surgery himself.

In Jim's case the surgeon had to get under the ribs so they were extremely sore afterwards. He was in agony.

Jazz, he is trying to save you money. Less time to spend.

We have a group of 6 siskins who visit our window feeder. I think they must be a family as they are always together but they constantly squabble and fight over space. There is not enough room for them all at once so they are constantly shoving and pecking at each other. One gets inside the dish and fights off all other boarders.

One of the baby pheasants has an injured foot. She couldn't use it for awhile , It just hung limp. Now she can limp on it but the foot is partly closed rather than flat out to walk on. She keeps to herself so must feel vulnerable in the crowd.

We previously had one with a broken leg. It did heal but was deformed. You could see the lump where the break had been.

I read recently the average life of a pheasant is 30 months.

Yantan, there used to be girl who helped homeless people she passed on her way to work. She got support from others who read her blog. They would donate supplies. She would give them dog food, dog coats, sleeping bags, warm clothing etc. She lost her job and was unemployed for a few months then her new job was in a different direction so it stopped. But there were so many needing basic stuff we take for granted.

I think the amount of homelessness in this country is shameful.

One chap was on tv yesterday who was in a wheelchair and was sleeping in his car. His children of 1 and 3 stayed with his partner and her parents but their house was not suitable for his wheelchair.

He had been a driver but could no longer work and was on benefit. He could not find anybody to rent to him because he claimed housing benefit.

I hope somebody was able to help him.

Happy birthday Jazz :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Have a lovely day out with Lewis and hope you get lots of bargains.

Great result re the phone Griff. Worth investing another fiver on a new screen protector.

Popped over to Eastbourne again yesterday to see my sister and cousin, then onto Hastings to visit my Dad. It's lovely being able to spend some time with them but it's a very long day and I'm cream crackered this morning.

Hope Ruby's feeling a bit better today and learns to pace herself.

Have a great day every one xx

• Like 1