UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Morning Jazz and everyone else.

Its more like back end than late summer. Archie and I went down a portion of the old railway line this morning and he enjoyed lots of sniffing.

Ruby is feeling much better than she did yesterday after getting a good night's sleep. She is pottering about in the kitchen. She got a lovely succulent plant in the post this morning from a friend so we will try not to kill it!

I did go to the Dr, saw a nurse practitioner...bit clueless but gave me antibiotics for 3days...she is not sure if an infection or vertigo but given my disease is erring on caution and given the tablets, if I am not better in a few days I have to go back

Jazz, good for you... not keen on him myself but I really hope you get to meet him

• Like 1

Someone is coming tonight to pick Ruby's car up to take it to get the damage repaired from being rear ended. I wiped it over with a soft cloth and it didn't look anywhere near as bad as we thought, however we don't know if there is further damage that we can't see so at least it will be checked over. No idea when it'll come back but as Ruby can't drive for another 2 weeks it would only be standing doing nowt. We have my little Poppy if we need to go anywhere.

• Like 1

It's a company car Griff and it's been their decision to have it repaired. I don't know if they are pursuing a claim against the other driver or just taking this one on the chin. Anyway it's away now and they said they'd have it back in a couple of days.

It was our annual agricultural show on Monday and it was able to go ahead, despite the rather wet weather we'd had beforehand. It's been rained off so many times in recent years. It's been going for almost 160 years but is struggling due to the cancellations.

It's a rather nicer day today and we actually have some blue skies. Ruby has taken Archie out for a short walk.

just gone down there. the volunteers that run the residents association were making coffees, only me there, didnt offer me a drink. thanks. was gone 15 minutes, hugo has weed all over the sofa. so im not happy, at all. I know i foster the scared but this is getting rediculous. just don't know what to do with him. hes too scared to go in the crate. id have to put him in there, if I can grab him, before I start to get ready to go out. I can see why so many people are sending their dogs back to the recue

Jazz, you need to feed him in the crate with the door open, get him used to being in there and it being a nice fun place. My 2never get treats except for going in their crates (not the bedroom crates though), both are always ready to jump in when I go out. You also need to go through your routine but not actually leave... there's tonnes of stuff online, I think you literally get ready, pick up your keys and sit back down...then just go out the door and back in. I leave the TV on for my 2 turned up a little bit louder and I turn the phone onto do not disturb and turn the answer machine off