UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

I had to have those jabs for three days Yantan, Philip was very careful but I still ended up with bruises! Hope Ruby gets plenty of sleep, that's the best thing for her now.

I put the tv on earlier and found women wrestling..didn't realise that was back on again. It still looks very staged to me, can't believe it's genuine. We're having a movie night, Philip is working his way through the Marvel films, think it's Doctor Strange tonight. I'm most annoyed, having found something I can drink, Tesco seem to have stopped stocking it, none in either the one in Clay Cross or Chesterfield. Hope it's only temporary.

My son was intending to come up to see me for a couple of days this week and bring his eldest, Aidan. I've had to put him off, I'm just too knackered to cope with visitors at the minute. I felt really guilty, but he said not to worry, he completely understood. Just as well really, I'm so pale and you could pack for the holidays in the bags under my eyes, it would probably scare poor Aidan, he'd think I'd turned into a zombie. He overheard his parents talking about me and knows I have/had cancer, but he thinks I'm better now.

Cool line kir royale, it's showing as available online Suzeanna...might be worth buying a few bits online and adding some into your basket....I wouldn't fancy shipping bottles otherwise I would go raid my Tesco for you

I am sooooooo bored, mums being a whinger again so I am upstairs so I don't need to bite my tongue lol

How's Ruby doing Yantan?

Hope you feel up to a family visit soon Suzeanna. You'd probably be surprised at how well Aiden copes with it. Probably just wants to see his Gran. I know we all want to shield our family from things but sometimes we need to let them deal with it in their own way. Kids are tougher than we think. Let me know if you want some Kir Royale sent up to you. Proper French stuff lol.

Going back to our no real friends conversation. I was looking to volunteer for Cinnamon Trust to dog walk and/or short term foster. BUT you have to have 3 referees, 2 who have known you for 5 years and are not a relative or family member and one who is a 'professional'. I know they have to have rules and they are matching people with vulnerable individuals so I do get it but totally rules me out of volunteering. I have no one to provide a reference under those conditions.

Hope it's been a good weekend for everyone. Love to all xx

Eve, lob me down as a referee...I have known you over 2 years..I know you aren't going to fleece anyone or Rob their pooch

My neighbour did cinnamon trust walking and the lady was awful.... could have paid ten times over for a dog walker!

I see Dumb and Dumber are next door ready to do the remainder of the fence..and now joined by another, so I suppose they are now the Three Stooges! I shall watch from upstairs and if there is any sign of them chopping down any more of my shrubs, they will get an earful!

I might ring Tesco and ask if this is off permanently or just out of stock for the minute. I did risk a very small vodka and coke last night and no headache this morning but I won't do it too often.