UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Get well soon, Wellington x

I am glad that Britain First have been "outed". In-depth article here:

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/12-things-britain-first.html

I have been very worried by some of the shares by people I know, and I also think that many were innocent but some were not, and it may well be that one or two people are not what I thought they were. Not, please note, anyone here! But reading between the lines of what they say, I see frightened people who don't know where to turn in a country where the rich are getting richer and the poor have no hope and little future. Exactly the scenario where fascism finds a willing audience to exploit.

I remember the awful prejudice I faced from some people as a child. Being English and white and the daughter of someone who died for his country does not let you off the hook. Not if your mum remarries to a Russian Jewish refugee. Thankfully things improved within a few years and my sister did not face the same nastiness, but I have not forgotten it and some of the things which are being said these days really make me cringe all over again.

Edited by owl

ive been ringing places and have found that due to cuts, except for very disabled and very ill elderly people, wardens have been taken out of sheltered homes. there is nothing for under 55s, and even 'warden assisted homes' the wardens are either there just in the mornings, or at most, 9-5. isnt that appalling?

I do like where I am, but will see what they can do for me. Im stoned most of the time to help the pain.

I do care about all of you but just hate not knowing where my life is going this time, again

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your thoughts. vets have given the all clear. Who knew that feeding him kitten food could have been the cure!! Apparently it can help ease stuff through the tummy (like hair balls and things!)

I am currently watching trash TV...12 year old shopaholic...the kids are brats and the parents are stupid. But ultimately wry sad where kids get what they want financially yet have little appreciation of it.

• Like 1

Oh so glad wellington will be o.k, we have had a few up and downs with Dex recently and at 16 and a tripod i don't think he will be here much longer bless him..... i won't have another cat though

Jazz, you should enquire about those home alarm systems, my nan and my mums aunty have had them and they are very very good

Morning Merledogs..... i am sure your boys will lose their weight no trouble

Morning.

Glad to hear Wellington is ok :flowers:

Kia seems to be having another of her regular bouts of upset tummy - every 6 weeks or so she has a day or two where she is flat and off her food. Then she recovers fine and is back to normal. It never lasts long enough for me to take her to the vet for, but does happen regularly. Will need to remember to mention it next time we're in.

I hope your boys don't object too much to their diet Alex! My mum is trying to reduce Morse's portions a bit as he's slightly heavier than he should be - he definitely lets her know that he's feeling hungry - lots of rooing and stamping of feet and not taking no for an answer

Idon't know what the present situation is locally but couple of years ago there was a rumpus because the warden

for the sheltered housing complex retired and was not replaced.

The house was to be let to someone on the housing list.

The replacement was a warden from another area to cover with a daily visit. She objected that it was too much but

they didn't listen and eventualy she went off sick.

The service was then chaged to an office based warden to cover two complexe 5 days a week. A daily phone call was

made to the tenant from a call centre 100 miles away- where the call button also went. If there was no answer tht

call centre phoned the contact person on their records and that person was required to visit the person.

The tenants were still required the original £90 a month charge for the service.

One woman conducted a campaign against this as it was totally unsuitable for the care her father needed and had

previously received.

After numerous meetings with her MP and council officials over 2 years they eventually agreed he would get more

help.

But that was only for him. None of the other residents got that.

HIs 89 year old neighbour had been calling to see of he needed any shopping.

The last I read was that the office based warden was to visit each tenant each day for a whole 8 minutes.

With all the reductions in council money it doesn't seem likely that things will improve soon.

oh it wasn't a call alrm my nan had it was something different as when she went into hospital we got a phonecall asking if we could go check on her, my aunty in all the panic had forgotten to let them know she was in hospital.... we had to call them when she got home to restart the monitoring. She was also in sheltered accomodation at that time but nobody ever came in to check on her so as Blackmagic says the wardens probably have lots of other places to keep an eye on too.

this is where my nan was

https://www.flickr.com/photos/andymcgeechan/14306725274/

she spent about 20 years there and was the happiest ever in her life and i am really upset to read that the almshouses could be affect by bl**dy HS2, such a shame. My nan was the first groundfloor window on the right, the allotments are owned by the same trust that has the almshouses but are rented out and my dads mate used to have one so my nan would give him a cup of tea whilst he was working in his allotment, if you had been up here i bet you could have had one of those, the chap who runs it is fantastic and so very very helpful

Hope all poorly pets are feeling better soon :flowers:

I wish we had to put Charlie on a diet, he is pretty fussy with his food now. He has to have soft food as he's an oldie now, but he'll eat a food for so long, then decides he doesn't like it :rolleyes:

Tracking today's Egypt flight - it's delayed. Again. Not as bad as last week, they are doing final boarding now, and it should have left at 1.55 :rolleyes:

RMF - I am keep getting dive bombed by a bluebottle at work today. It is v annoying :laugh:

I have had great success with putting dogs on diets on Burns pouches and mixer

My foster dog Bruno is a total and utter plank , I have taught him to sit and he can do it really well , this however might be the pinnacle of our training because his one and only brain cell is very easily distracted !!!

• Like 2