UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Loobie, glad to hear things are maybe a bit more positive :flowers:

Yantan, I hope the funeral brings peace :flowers:

Griff, I hope the consultant has some answers :GroupHug:

Glad the date went well gooster :flowers:

Thanks for the hugs.

When I picked up my dogs last night I noticed some blood on Buzz's neck. We took his collar off and discovered qutie a nasty puncture wound on his neck. Mum has no idea when it happened, or what could have caused it. Best guess is that he and Logan had a little spat while mum was out for 10 minutes - but there is no other mark on buzz, and none on Logan either. Buzz is currently terrified of me, as I held him while we had a look at it - he doesn't like me much at the best of times. I shall be bribing him with roast chicken when I see him later!

He wants to see me again - I have suggested crazy golf or something else fun this time :)

A friend went out with a guy for a few months but decided although he was very nice there was no spark between them and she finished it seeing no future for them.

Nine months later it was New Year and she sent New Year Wishes to all the people in her phone book. He was one of

them and he replied. they started talking and evetually met up again.

Fast forward she is now married to him and has three little ones under 5.

I so asked for that !

You set it up so well! Perhaps we should consider a showbiz career as a double act? :jammin:

Ooh Jayne I'd better make a decision on my hat :biggrin:

I'm just back from my brother-in-law's funeral. The church was packed. His 4 sons, brother and one of the brother-in-laws were pall bearers. It was sad seeing his 4 sons doing that. As we were coming out a chap came up to me and put his arm round me and said "hello". I was thinking "who the feck is this" before the realisation slowly hit me that it was one of my brothers. I haven't seen in him in years and he's totally changed!

I think I am a strange person as I never get upset at deaths and funerals of people close to me - and yet I will sob and sob over the death of an animal and what's more will sob at character deaths in film and TV. What is that all about? I wonder if it's tied up with losing my mum at such a young age - it's 50 years ago this year since she died. I just seem to be so accepting of death when it comes to family even when it's premature.

• Like 1

Yantan, I'm just the same. I lost my dad when I was six, and less than a year later my mum was in hospital for two years and I was farmed out to her much older sister who didn't like children. I cry at things I read in the paper or animal cruelty, but not so often personal things. Glad he had a good send off, how is his widow coping?

I'm the same Marion - I do get upset but more upset if one of my dogs dies.

Had my hair cut yesterday - she ruddy scalped me and it looks awful. It's really short and I'm going to Wales weekend after next to see the rellies. Hoping it doesn't look quite as bad by then.