UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

oooooooo that is a cute poopie!!!!!

Snow, hope Baddie manages o.k with the rest of the thunder, do you have a dap spray? or thundershirt... they are really good

Jazz, hope you get on with your new laptop

Gooster, glad blue behaved and how fab that you can spend your birthday where you want to

Yantan, you go steady... don't go wearing yourself out

went for a pint last night with my dad and there was a fella i used to drink with years and years ago in there.... he wasn't one of my favourite people... i tolerated him because of other people, anyway he kept going on about the past etc and people i used to drink with and was asking if i saw them etc.... he knew fine well i don't, he was slagging them off as well so no doubt he will be saying the same about me to other people except he doesn't know anything at all about me, he was wanting to know where i lived and all about my life but i kept my mouth shut and wouldn't say anything much, i was polite but would have quite happily not bothered speaking to him, so i won't be going over there again on a friday!

I've been looking at thundershirts but when I showed Rob (Mr cynical) he scoffed and said "waste of money" :( he said he'd try Baddie in Baddies coat and see if that helps - even though I explained its different lol might keep an eye on ebay and see if I can pick one up cheap as I think its the price thats putting him off especially if it doesn't work (I know theres a money back guarantee but its only valid for a couple of weeks and sods law we won't get any thunder during that time lol).

i agree snow, they are very expensive, do you know what size he needs? i can keep my eyes peeled for you

i was having a real laugh last night about the old veteran who was told he couldn't go to normandy by his care home.... no reason given just he couldn't go, anyway he wanted to go to the dday stuff so hid his medals under his mac and buggered off to normandy Lol they had to call the police to report him missing and one of the younger fellas called to say he was o.k he was with them safe in a hotel, i would love to buy that man a pint!

I would think he needs a large going on their website sizes, problem is they are all shaped for sausage shaped dogs rather than pointy shaped ones which is another reason to hesitate paying full price as I'm not convinced it would fit & work as its supposed to.

I loved the story about the old guy too - what a lovely story :)

Date guy is doing my head in. He's coming on waaaayyyyy too strong. He sends me messages all the time :angry: :rolleyes: He sent one this morning asking how my morning was going - at 9.40 :unsure: It's putting me right off him as I can't be doing with someone who is so needy and wants to know what I am up to all the time. I want to be with someone I can have a laugh with and who will take the piss out of me.

I am a moose I posted a few weeks ago that I live on the beach and then promptly forgot to update !

cut a long story short Dogstar is expanding and we now have a 2nd project zone on the west coast that Mark and I are heading up , as its 70km from our other project we decided to move and wanted to rent a seperate house for us , Dogstar is renting an office and I am looking for a building to rent for a vet clinic . At the previous project my house was the office and clinic as well and thats just to much so this time I wanted seperate buildings

So I now live in a beach hut , its actually the called the beach hut and its on the beach ( of course its on the beach you silly squirrel other wise it would just be called the hut )

any way here it is , the upper floor is wooden and not 100 weather tight but I love it

979b20e3-bf7c-4761-8aed-408ce61b41ca_zps

hut1_zps82e4c1dc.jpg

I also have a new foster dog , Bruno AKA Gru

10410806_10152097716397611_4430533922176

• Like 1

Snow I used a kids tee-shirt for George who was terrified of thunder and they always worked quite well. I bought them from Matalan and got 3 for a fiver I think. I recall getting shown a way to wrap him in a crepe bandage when I was on a T-Touch course but never put it into use as the tee always gave good results. I used to tie the loose part into a knot on his back so he was always nice and snug.

Sam lucky you. I've always wanted to live on a beach. I just love the sound of waves lapping at the shore and even enjoy a good old storm. Are there any spiders where you are?

It's lovely Sam :wub:

I've spent an hour and a half cleaning and I'm sweating cobs - it's so muggy.

I shall be having a late night tonight - England are playing and kick off isn't until 9.45pm. I can't wait for the World Cup - several weeks of cracking football - bliss!