UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Yantan, glad things went well, i didn't cry when my nan died, cried doing her reading but only cos i looked at my aunty who was sobbing her heart out, broke my heart when diesel and delaney passed away... still shed a tear now (don't tell anyone that!)

Murlte, that was a long way for 15 minutes

Gooster, glad things went well on your date

Merledogs, my hair goes into panic mode for about 2 weeks then settles down so hopefully you will be o.k...... if all else fails get a wig Lol

Jazz, glad you got a cheaper rate phone number

well i am officially a very grumpy griff, 1. one of my consultants is leaving, Felix was the first person to come and see me on the ward and explain my situation to me.... he put a big grin on my face in horrid circumstances,2. my consultant doesn't know why i am so tired and i think he was hinting at depression.... i am not bloody depressed thankyou very much so you can stick that label on someone else 3. my consultant won't let me reduce my medication so i am going to stay a fatty which really annoys me. allin all not a very happy afternoon for me!

:GroupHug: Griff - it's hard when you get used to a medical professional to change to a different one :(

I don't like funerals - I always think there is some expectation to be really upset. When it was my granny's funeral, I was sad, but I wasn't heartbroken as she had had Alzheimer's for 15 years and it was a release for everyone when she died - at the end all she could do was sit in her chair and grind her teeth :(

We have decided to go bowling on Monday instead of crazy golf. I have said I'll only go bowling if I can have the bumpers up, as I am competitive but crap at bowling :laugh: He asked today why I was single, so I told him I am quite happy with my life and don't need anyone, so I won't go into a relationship for the sake of it :) He seemed to like that answer. He seems to reply a lot with 'I like that about you' :unsure:

Yantan, you are in my thoughts. People react differently to death and I am sure the reasons are both individual and complex. I get totally poleaxed by deaths which need not have happened, even though I may not have been particularly close to the deceased, but somehow I am more accepting of those which no one could have done anything to prevent.

OOOOOOO that sounds good gooster, even if nothing happens long term hopefully you will have got a new mate out of it and if you have a laugh together that is great

why is there not enough time in the day??? i need to fetch some stuff before i get my haircut but i won't have time to get there and back, wash my hair (have to do it myself as i have grommets) and get back out to the hair dressers ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sounds like you are having a busy day griff- hope you get everything done that you need to :flowers:

Had a nice morning so far - had a lie in till 10.10 then I got a text telling me that my protein I ordered yesterday was going to be delivered between10.15 and 11.15! Yes I answered the door in my pjs :laugh: am glad I didn't pay for express delivery though :) went to spin at Hyde at 12.30 and have just had a yummy lunch followed by mint magnum :biggrin:

It has been like Alfred Hitchcock's Birds here today.

It started at 6.15 this morning with banging on our bedroom window. On checking we found two hoodie crows squawking and flying at the window. Then one landed on the windowsill and began attacking the window.

Then they moved to the patio doors, then other windows round the house adn then upstairs.

When I looked at 8am one was on top of my plantpots outside the patio doors attacking the window. Its partner was

flying around it squawking loudly.

The plants in three of the pots are broken and bent. The pot of annuals is flattend, the fuschia is a third of its original size and the chrysanth plants are broken off at a few inches high.

When I was clearing up the debris I could hear them squawking in the trees at the back of the garden.

When we came back from shopping this afternoon one was perched on the roof but flew off when the car tured into the drive. However 5 minutes later one was battering the bedroom window. It flew off when I appeared below it.

Then again, 5 minutes later it was at the other bedroom window. This continued until half an hour ago.

It has clouded over now so they have gone.

The windows are now filthy with white streaks from their beaks over them.

Hubby has stuck a photograph of Cleo on one of the windows to see if that deters them.

I think they have a nest on the trees att the back of the garden and have decided our garden is their territory.

They must see their reflection in the windows and are attacking the 'interloper'.

What surprised me is that Murphy usually barks at the smallest knocking sound but neither dog has acknowledged the noise at all.

OH,...........

it is back bashing the upstairs bedroom window again.

Anybody know how to persuade hoodie crows to bu--er off?

OMG! That would really freak me out!

My good day just got better - I went out for a ride on Blue tonight. He was really good, had a couple of temper tantrums, but nothing I couldn't handle. We rode over to mum and dad's house, but they weren't in :rolleyes: Then I went to the gym and had a good laugh there. Have just been having another look at where to spend my 30th birthday and have seen that Thomas Cook have taken on my favourite hotel in Mexico (Thomson had taken it off their books as of this winter). So that's my decision made - am spending my 30th birthday on a beach in Mexico in my favourite hotel ever :biggrin: Just need to wait and see if anyone wants to come with me now :)

bloody hell!

next door just set off a chinese lantern. it came over my fence, just missed the huge bush between me and next door. I didnt know they are that big! the whole thing on fire!

I shouted over not to let them off due to the bush, and my shed!

hope they dont, got to let the dogs out now

I dont like those chinese lantern things they worry me, never understood why people dont realise they are letting fire loose into the sky with absolutely no control over where it can come down again.

Beeeagh looks gorgeous Sandra.

Sticking close to home today, I think we had thunder in the night as Baddie woke Rob up panting and pacing - when Rob let him out it was torrential rain, in the end Rob curled up on Baddies bed with him and cuddled him until he calmed down and went to sleep - thats where I found them both when I got up this morning.

Oooh Sandra - what a perfect little bundle of gorjussness :wub:

Archie and I are awaiting round 2 of our weekend with Evie. After looking after her yesterday I was in bed at 8.30 last night knackered! She rode in the TT race on the cross trainer whilst wearing Ruby's cycle hat and I did the commentary with accompanying brum brum sounds. Then we played "chase me" before going out to do some "gardening", back indoors to count my pennies and twopenny collection and fling them round the dining room with gay abandon, then on to the kitchen to sit on the draining board to wash her hands - I am teaching her how and she's really good at it - but as I reached for a towel she managed to turn the tap on to full (they are easy push/pull levers) and soaked herself much to her delight so that meant a complete change of clothes, then we played in her "car" which is a plastic storage box which I push around with her in it, followed by bubble blowing and in between all that we did lots of dancing to Cbeebies and the radio. If I don't lose a few pounds this weekend I will be really disappointed.

Archie has just gone off for a long walk with our stand in dogwalker. He was so pleased to see her :)

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Sounds like she's given you a new lease of life Marion :wub:

Poopie :wub:

RMF : Just got absolutely drenched on our walk - my jeans from the knee down were sopping. Never understand dogs - Timmy is terrified of thunder and lightning when he's in the house, but when he's running around in it he doesn't bat an eyelid :rolleyes:

I am going to have a sit down for half and hour and then am determined to get this living room sorted today.