UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Hope the cream works Griff :flowers:

Have you got any tiger balm Mary? Apparently that is good for mozzie bites :) I bought some as a muscle rub, but am going to take it to Egypt with me as the mozzies can be brutal there :unsure:

It is Whit Friday today, very much a local thing (if anyone has seen the film Brassed Off, that is filmed round here). There is lots of brass band music in the air - I love going to the band contest, but haven't been for the last couple of years as mum and dad have changed the band contest they go to, and it's not as nice up at that one. They used to tow the caravan to the local campsite and we'd make a weekend of it.

Ana is all nice and clean again now :) They even hoovered her out!!

Hope the cream works Griff :flowers:

Have you got any tiger balm Mary? Apparently that is good for mozzie bites :) I bought some as a muscle rub, but am going to take it to Egypt with me as the mozzies can be brutal there :unsure:

It is Whit Friday today, very much a local thing (if anyone has seen the film Brassed Off, that is filmed round here). There is lots of brass band music in the air - I love going to the band contest, but haven't been for the last couple of years as mum and dad have changed the band contest they go to, and it's not as nice up at that one. They used to tow the caravan to the local campsite and we'd make a weekend of it.

Ana is all nice and clean again now :) They even hoovered her out!!

I can highly recommend SMIDGE http://midgeforecast.co.uk/smidge/about-smidge/

We use ot for midges but it also covers mosquitos. It is not scneted and non greasy and one application lasts for

8 hours.

It really does work.

Also recommend an insect bite zapper. They stop the itch and is used immediately they stop the swelling.

I react badly to insect bites so carry one in bag. Again they do give relief.

My daughter swears by mossie milk...she uses it here and abroad and never gets bitten. I react badly to anything now...I bump myself lightly and bruise out of all reason, get a bite and it swells and lasts for ages so I'm going to get some.

well i never knew that about tiger balm!!!! i got bitten the other year by mozzies down by the river...well i guess it could have been gnats, i had to go to the walk in centre as they were so swollen and inflamed, they drew around all of them and said if they got any bigger i'd to go to casualty! i will look at one of those bite pen thingys

well the cream doesn't seem to be working and i am developing more and more marks so i will be back to the Drs on monday, i have had a bit of a google and i think it is related to the GPA disease but is different to the rash i had before

are you all ready for the footie???? reckon i will be asleep by half time, will leave the tv on so if they score i will get woken by the cheering

Just had a lovely meal out with mum and dad - it's their 34th wedding anniversary. I said I didn't want to be a gooseberry, but they told me not to be stupid and they would pick me up at 7.30. Am proper full now though :)

Had a busy afternoon shopping, bought some new underwear, a new top for my jollies, a dress and some shorts. I bought the dress and shorts from Hollister, so they might not be the colour I thought they were :laugh: For those who haven't been in Hollister, the shop is very dimly lit :unsure:

Moaning :tired:

Hope that rash goes griff :flowers: I had a bit of a footie fest and watched three games back to back. Thought England were unlucky not to come away with something - they impressed me muchly, especially Sterling. HOWEVER, what the feck was Rooney doing on the pitch? Apart from the assist he was absolutely useless. He's a very overrated one trick pony. Should've taken him off and brought Milner on who at least could've done some defending and not whinged every time he had to make a tackle.

well i missed the footie!!!!!! my dad called to say he was on his way home so me and pup went to bed and i was watching totp2 and next thing it was the middle of the night Lol

Gooster, i hope your cothes turn out to b a shade you like.... never been to hollister

Merledogs, we watched the columbia game and my dad shot down the club to watch the one that was on itv at 8pm, my mum doesn't like footie so we tend to get sent to the pub Lol

my rash is spreading, it is now on my flippin leg....it is very odd

Hope you are ok Griff :flowers:

Don't forget your tablet jazz :flowers:

Busy busy day today at work. I was on a 15 min kids clinic. Thankfully my last patient didn't need spex, so I managed to get out and to the gym in time for spin :biggrin: I had pre warned Mr G I might be late, and he was ok with that, but I got there in time anyway. I then did circuit training which was brutal, but ok :)

Went round to see mum and dad tonight, had a nice cuddle with my boys, although Charlie has lost quite a lot of weight. He's gone really fussy in his old age and not eating much. I have been looking into high calorie supplements for him so he can put on a bit of weight :unsure: He might be old, deaf and skinny, but he still gives good cuddles and can fetch stuff you have dropped on the floor :wub: :wub:

Moaning :tired:

griff - what a hardship being sent to the pub :laugh:

I stupidly stayed up to watch Argentina v Bosnia (because Dzeko/Aguero/Zabaleta were all playing). Got to sleep just after 1am. Timmy woke me up at 2am whining to go out. He's got dire rear. Just what he needs cos they are going into kennels tomorrow for a few days :( Let's hope it firms up by tonight.

I've got a courier coming between 7 - 9.45 am to collect the larder unit which collapsed and which is now packed in five parcels. Got to go to the post office to post a plant and clean the car inside and out. I've also got to do lots of washing/ironing and packing.