UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Wow Sam, that looks pretty bloody awesome :biggrin: :biggrin:

Am glad your consultant is happy to see you at his new hospital Griff :flowers:

Hope you are recovered from your ordeal soon Marion. I know a lot of people have problems with them, when the nurse said she was finished I was just like is that it???!!! Guessing I should make the most of then being painless whilst I can then :unsure:

Last patient of the day presented with bright red eyes that I could see from across the waiting room. Contact lens wearer, last bought lenses 18 months ago. Obviously been wearing the same lenses ever since as his eyes were totally wrecked. However he claimed that this had all just happened since sleeping in his left lens on Friday :rolleyes: I have never seen corneal oedema before. I have now. Sent him packing to a&e. He also had no glasses, so is walking around with his highly short sighted eyes with no correction. Awesome.

ooooooooooooooo HLGS have a great time

Gooster, the stupidity of people astounds me sometimes, hope they get him sorted! i will try the new consultant and if i am not happy i will ring the new hospital and ask for my consultants secretary and leave a message for him, the hospital is 3 miles out of leicester so would involve a train trip but if needs be thats what i will do

Yep, I fly at 13.55 - if anyone wants to track my flight if they have nothing better to do, I am flying on tcx2872, manchester to Hurghada :)

There is free wifi at Manchester airport, so will probably be on here whilst I am waiting to board :)

• Like 1

Nice that you can stay with him, griff.

@ Jazz who mentioned fish, have you had a test done on the tank water? Pets at Home do a free one, so do many aquatics shops. You may have too much nitrate which would make the water toxic.

I seem to have caused a stir down at the nature reserve. Towards the end of our midsummer allnighter, we put up a pair of little egrets who then wheeled and called right above us. I thought nothing of it but popped into the reserve's study centre to log them in the bird record. Turns out none of the wardens or the proper bird watchers knew they were there, and they were well impressed. They wondered how I got so lucky. Ahem, being out at stupid o'clock and nearly falling over the birds in question works a lot better that hanging around in the afternoon with top of the range binos.

Moaning :tired:

It's a beautiful day today, managed to drive to work with my roof down and I successfully managed to parallel park Ana (it is the manoeuvre I have never been able to do!) in front of an audience :biggrin:

Well done on the parallel parking - it's an art I've never been able to master which I now know is due to dyspraxia. I also can't drive into a space forwards, but I can reverse into a space okay.

Well that was very uncomfortable and downright painful so much so the nurse abandoned the attempt! Due to the peculiarities of my anatomy I need a particular size of speculum and they didn't have one in stock. Normally this nurse is in and out (if you'll pardon the expression) in seconds and I don't feel a thing but also, apparently, the menopause can make a difference to "comfort" and elasticity levels. She has rescheduled another in September to give me time to get over this one! She was mortified that she'd caused me pain but I assured her I did not hold it against her. What we women have to endure!

I can't believe Rolf Harris has been found guilty on all 12 counts of indecent assault. I wonder if the compassion he showed for the animals on Animal Hospital was for real?

Hope your lady garden is okay after that :flowers: I do believe Rolf's compassion for animals is real - much more so than his compassion for his victims.

been to hospital today, i have to go and have biopsies taken...oh deep joy more scars, saw my consultant who is leaving and he says if i am not happy i can go to his new hospital as a patient and he will happily see me, i am proper chuffed with that, he was quite choked when i gave him his good luck card, apparently it has been a pleasure to treat me and he likes my uniqueness Lol

Lovely :flowers:

There is free wifi at Manchester airport, so will probably be on here whilst I am waiting to board :)

Have fun on your hols :flowers:

Our team has been shortlisted for a CIPS award so today we are having team photos done for the publicity. I hate having my picture taken :mad:

Griff, sorry about the biopsy, but its good you can stay with your consultant if you want to. I know you said you have skin problems but can you use Nivea...the original in the blue tubs? That's good for scarring, so is cocoa butter.

Sam how wonderful! Enjoy yourselves.

Have a safe flight and a great holiday Jayne, we go tomorrow.

Not too sure suzeanna, i use simple shower lotion shampoo etc as i don't react to that at all, i can always give it a go

Gooster have a fabby holiday

Owl, how lucky you were to see the egrets

Jazz, sorry i have missed your fish post, hope all is well with them now

Merledogs, i also hate having my photo taken, the only blessing is with digital cameras i can demand to see it and have it retaken until i find one i am kind of happy with

i have been up since 5am, i have been feeling sick since friday and i was being sick yesterday, me and kota got our walk in early and had the field to ourselves in the lovely morning sunshine. I am pleased that i have the option of keeping my consultant if needs be, it would be a bit of a pain in the bum to get there but at least i won't need to go private, i really was lucky the day i met these two consultants.

Thanks guys :) I didn't need to get up till 8.30, but I have been awake since 7, so I got up and have done some invoices and stuff :)

I can also only reverse into a parking space Alex, I get all panicky if I have to drive into one forwards unless it's really straightforwards!!

• Like 1

I am glad you get to stay with your consultant Griff. I know having someone you like and trust is pretty major. I had the same consultant dermatologist for years who really knew his stuff and had a wonderful bedside manner. I got to know him quite well over the years and then he retired :( The guy who took his place isn't a patch on him and would have messed up my treatment if I wasn't such a gobby cow and called him on it. I won't go to see him now and manage my psoriasis myself with the help of my sympathetic GP.

Alex I hate my photo being taken too but you are gorjuss and it will show in the photo :flowers:

Jayne have a wonderful holiday with a safe trip there and back. I am looking forward to your reports :jammin:

Sam what a spot of luck! Enjoy! :flowers:

There is a man up on next door's roof and Archie spotted him so he's swearing at him. I've threatened him with having to come in - he loves being out in the garden and spends most of the day out there when the weather is nice like today. The guy called down and said Archie wasn't annoying him and to leave him so I have but Arch is on a warning - I don't want him to annoy the neighbours.

I am glad to report that I am able to sit comfortably today :biggrin:

• Like 1