UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

I have seen that as well Alex , so many of my friends are sharing things from BNP and Britain First without checking the source of indeed the validity of the posts

The way Facebook works the more shares , likes and comments things get the more powerful your "brand" becomes and that impacts on how often Facebook will show your postings to others in their news feeds etc

there is a page called exposing Britain First which is trying to combat these vile posts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Exposing-Britain-First/1423096294623329

Facebook showed me the true colours of some friends which is one of the many reasons I abandoned it.

Yesterday's session with Eve included a re-run of the TT course followed by a re-enactment of The Charge Of The Light Brigade. This involved me shouting "charge" and Evie chasing me round the garden with the brush whilst giggling deliciously all the while. There is nothing better than the laugh of a small child :heart:

I think ( well I bloody hope ) that the people I know are being mislead into sharing posts from Britain First and BNP

with that said Facebook does show you sometimes a side to people that you never knew existed and its normally negative sadly

I am simply amazed at how much anger and hate some people have inside them

Yesterday's session with Eve included a re-run of the TT course followed by a re-enactment of The Charge Of The Light Brigade. This involved me shouting "charge" and Evie chasing me round the garden with the brush whilst giggling deliciously all the while. There is nothing better than the laugh of a small child :heart:

That sounds like a very good way to spend your time :)

I have messaged date guy saying I don't want to be anything more than friends. I felt it was a bit mean to lead him on when I don't feel anything for him (and tbh his constant messaging was doing my head in!). He has replied saying that's absolutely fine, I feel really relieved now, as he is a nice guy, but just not for me :) Am also far too busy to have a relationship at the moment, since I am working 6 day weeks, I don't have the time/energy for dates etc :laugh:

I have managed to attract someone in my life ( via Dogstar ) that is all drama drama drama and very self centred , I have in the past had a tendency to attract these types and having been burnt previously I am usually very careful but this one crept up on me by pretending to care about what we were doing here

I am always saddened when people pretend to be my or Marks friend or even worse a friend of Dogstar's to get something out of us or Dogstar , I do have to be ultra careful because my default is to care about people very much and these emotional vampires find me and drink me dry !!!!

There may be tears before bedtime as I am cutting this one out of my life ASAP as not only is it all draining emotional drama its progressing to asking for loans which never end well do they ?

Sam

P.s THIS IS 150 % NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE HERE OR ANYONE THAT ANYONE HERE KNOWS , I AM ADDING THIS IS CAPS BECAUSE I KNOW SOMETIMES PEOPLE GET WORRIED POSTS ARE ABOUT THEM OR SOMEONE ELSE THEY KNOW

the sad thing is missus yantan that sort of person does not even seem to know they are doing it ( i.e. taking advantage ) they seem to think the world revolves them or that a friendship can operate with all the "take" one way

Its up to me to put a stop to it as it can only happen if I continue to let it happen :)

:GroupHug: :grouphug: Sam.

Have just completed my second 6 day working week of 4. Well I say completed, I worked 6 days last week, but am not actually off again until Friday :laugh: I love my job most days, but I really must learn to strike the work/life balance! Seems to be all work at the moment - I went round to see mum, dad and the dogs today, and it was actually really nice to see them. Had a good catch up and snuggle with the boys. Charlie is looking really old and doddery now though - it's not surprising as he is 14 and a half now, but I still think of him as my mad crazy flyball loon :wub: Dad has also said that he'll pick me up from the airport when I come back from Egypt - that is a massive ask as I land at 2.50am (if the flight is on time!), he has also said that he'll come out of work to take me to the airport as well when I go :)

Remember how a couple of years ago I mentioned we had bought mum a bird box with a camera in it for Christmas? Well the first year wasn't successful and none of the baby blue tits made it (we think one of the parent birds died so the remaining parent struggled to feed them, also the ones that did last the longest got eaten by magpies :( ). Anyway, this year, they had 10 eggs and 9 of the baby birds survived :) They all flew from the nest this morning apparently :)

That birdbox sounds like a fab idea

Great you have your holiday drop off and pick up arranged Jayne, getting to and form can be the most stressy part ! When do you go ?

I have a very busy week Dogstar wise but it's mostly admin , report writing and grant funding applications which although vital are my least fav part but as it's only mark and I in office we have no one to delegate it too !!!!

I posted on Facebook yesterday that I was on a charity discussion forum and a director of fundraising was posting asking for advice on software and said she worked for a small charity that had an income of 3.5 million pounds a year

I always thought Dogstar was a small charity and we run on less than 1 % of that

Seriously is a charity still small at 3.5 million ? I am pretty sure most donors would think that large or at least medium sized

I would say an income of £3.5 million is not a small charity!!

I go away 3 weeks tomorrow :biggrin: I wasn't expecting dad to offer to collect me from the airport, so I was really grateful that he has offered to pick me up at such an ungodly hour!

I have also just organised my 30th birthday holiday :ninja: :biggrin:

I am creating slides for a workshop...the workshop is tomorrow and luckily, although I am attending and helping, it is not my workshop!!

Although I think if it was mine I would have had the slides completed before!!

I also have to take Wellington to the vets as he keeps being sick 😢 hopefully it is something and nothing and he'll be a happy boy soon.

x

awww hope wellington will be o.k... agree with you about the slides, i am a real pain for getting things prepared in advance... i mean if something goes wrong you don't have long to get it sorted do you?

Gooster, great of your dad to volunteer to drop you off and fetch you, also great news about the ikkle birdies

i would not class £3.5 million as small at all no way!

Merledogs, your off on your hollybobs soon aren't you?

i have had an appointment to go for some special tests to check the nerves in my feet, legs arms and hands... i only saw the consultant on thursday late afternoon early evening and i have the appointment already! he is a good bloke, wonder what other tests he has in store for me

I am off next week griff - but only to Wales for a few days.

Dogs have been for their second booster - the vet told me they are all overweight by 10-20% :ohmy: Didn't think they were that bad so they are on diets from tomorrow.

I've just had fresh mango and cottage cheese (not together) for tea. I am trying to be good. I'm also eating a lot less red meat.

Healing thoughts for Wellington :GroupHug: Taffy's been sick a few times lately, usually full of grass. Vet doesn't think it's anything to worry about but I can't help thinking that's how Max started.