UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Uh oh! What has he done?! :unsure:

Blue was at the furthest point of the field tonight - my legs were like Bambi's legs after I had done spin. So I wasn't impressed that I had to walk really far to put his suncream on his nose :rolleyes: :laugh:

I booked a day working at Trafford in August. When I got the confirmation, the day was 10am-9pm :rolleyes:

Ben came home for the afternoon and evening...but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I have missed him so much but he is so tired and therefore grumpy so it wasn't so great. He's off again tomorrow morning working so I can go back to missing him!!

Grr pants grrr....

Morning from a still sunny Maesteg. Leaving this morning for a four hour trip home via the kennels. Can't wait to see my boys :wub: and of course the girls. Will miss the fambly but looking forward to my soft comfy bed and some peace and quiet. The kids are gorjuss but at 5 and 8 they don't have an off switch which can be a bit tiring when you're not used to it.

Thanks Blackmagic for the insurance info :flowers: I don't know if I should shop around and see if I can get better cover for Archie. The trouble is that he is now 11 and his premium has doubled with AXA over the last few years I presume it would be pretty high with another insurer - if they will even take him on because of his age. And who to pick? He doesn't have any major health problems but he does have a couple of niggly things that, because he has already had vet treatment for them (but no claim against insurance) I presume he wouldn't be covered for if I switch to another provider of my own volition. Whatever he is covered by AXA until the next renewal which is not until March next year so I have time to look.

Alex good to hear you had a nice time. I know what you mean about the kids. I love having little miss Evie but I am knackered after spending time with her. She is going to her grandparents today for a long weekend so I have tomorrow off. I am really rather looking forward to it. Oh and there is no bed like your own is there :jammin:

Just dropped Baddie off for his xrays, asked them to do the chest as well if they find anything nasty, he's having a blood test before they sedate him as apparently they have to be cautious with older greyhounds - never had one for Nog to my knowledge but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Also asked them to trim back that sticky outy nail of his whilst he's under as they can get it much shorter that way.

awwwww good thoughts for Baddie, our vets recommend a blood test for all dogs over 7 i think..... i have one done regardless, even little kota had one and she was only 5 months Lol, it shows all their functions like liver kidney etc, i always sign for the blood test as for the sake of £30 it is nice to know that everything is as should be.

Murtle, sorry Ben was a grump, maybe he will be in a better mood next time he comes home

Merledogs, safe trip home, i am sure the boys and girls will be chuffed to bits to see you.

Gooster, what on earth are you doing agreeing to work until then??? you maniac Lol

i am effin fuming, my mum went out to get the bus to work this morning and as she wasn't feeling great went and got a later bus, there was a fella walking down the road witha staffy and he was shouting and carrying on, anyhow he crossed the road and came over to my mum... her crime?? looking up the road to see if the bus was coming! he started mouthing off at her swearing and really getting in her face, my mum is a very large lady and told him where to go, i know who it is and i have given his surname to her, i am using all of my self control not to go and kick s*it out of him. He is a skanky wife beating drunk who scrounges money in benefits and doesn't work, his mrs is just as bad and i am fed up with the housing association sticking people like that round here, we have a lovely area with very little trouble but this pair are awful, the woman claims to be to quote her "poorly in the head" yet she smokes spliffs...like that is going to help mental problems, she has just had £3500 given to her in benefits and by the state of him according to my mum i can guess where the cash has gone. The police are sick to death of them as they are called to them constantly and the woman has an issue with a woman across in the next block of flats and the pair of them call the police to each other all the time, whatever happened to people being grateful to be housed in a lovely area with nice neighbours? i dread to think what my dad is going to say when he finds out what has gone on. Sorry, rant over, i am just really annoyed that my mum can be verbally abused on her way to work by a lazy fat drunk!

• Like 1

That's awful Griff, I know what you mean about dodgy people...this is an estate of mixed council and private houses and also blocks of one and two bedroom flats. Quite a lot of the flats seem to be occupied by druggies or drunks, both if you are really unlucky, and although they aren't near our house, thank the Gods, I do encounter them now and again whilst walking Rosie. Never been verbally abused, but some stand and just stare at you which is a bit unnerving.

My baby granddaughter Abby has just spent a night and day in hospital, she is having dreadful reflux and losing weight, but they think they've cracked it with a new medication..fingers crossed!

Had a sad phone call from a friend first thing this morning, her OH was diagnosed with a brain tumour last June and the doctors gave him a year, max. He died yesterday..it will be a year tomorrow, so they were right about that.

Hooray we're back! The site was offline since yesterday, Rick couldn't fix it as the problem was with Invision so we've been waiting on them doing their thing, seems they have now thank fully :cheer: For those who don't use facebook - Baddies results were negative for cancer of any kind yayyyyyyyyyyyy but he has crepitus in both front legs which is the start of arthritis, they have given him metacam for me to keep a stock of for days when he's struggling, and suggested I try supplements for now and try and keep him off the stronger meds for as long as we can. I spoke with Lisa about it and had previously spoken to her about stuff for Nog and they have been getting really good results with good old common turmeric, so I added some to my Tesco order and will try him with that for a week or so and see if theres any improvement before buying expensive supplements which will also be trial and error.

• Like 2

Snow, be careful with the tuneric as some dogs get the squits, also have a read up on coconut oil

Yantan, i was getting withdrawl symptoms too

Suzeanna, sorry to hear about your grand daughter being poorly, is it just reflux or is it vomitting, if it is the latter look up pyloric stenosis, my friends little ones had this, 1 twin started with it and the other got it but the first one was left undiagnosed for ageeeeees

well apparently the mouthy little s*d was at it again in the afternoon, shouting swearing and pushing his partner round in front of children.... lovely

Evening. Took me nearly five hours to get home yesterday via the kennels, but the boys were happy to see me and it was lush sleeping in my own bed last night.

Henry Honda has been for his MOT today. Couple of niggly things but less than £100 including the MOT :)

• Like 1

yeaaa we are back! thank you for fixing it xxxxxxx

im glad the tests were clear for baddie

I live on an estate with the gypsy camp just up the road, and ex travellers on this estate. they are all lovely. im in a block of just 4 flats, it looks like 2 semi detatched houses. im relieved none of the other 3 have kids, so its quiet.