UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Depends what you used Alicia - if it was Advocate or Frontline then no it's absorbed into their skin so you'd overdose her. These fleas will be the ones that have hatched since you did the treatment, I've never found doing the carpets bedding etc. with sprays to be particularly effective what IS effective is to Advantage the dog itself, fleas cannot live in bedding or carpets etc. and whilst they can bite us they can't feed from us (or so I was told) however, Advantage makes the animal toxic to the fleas it'll kill all the fleas currently on the animal within 12 hours and it also kills their lavae then as the new ones hatch out from the carpets etc. it'll kill those too and eventually you break the cycle. It also works on contact so all you need do is treat the dog and let it sleep and go where it always goes as the fleas there will be attracted to the dog and as soon as they come into contact then they start to die so no need to do the bedding and carpets with another product.

Depends what you used Alicia - if it was Advocate or Frontline then no it's absorbed into their skin so you'd overdose her. These fleas will be the ones that have hatched since you did the treatment, I've never found doing the carpets bedding etc. with sprays to be particularly effective what IS effective is to Advantage the dog itself, fleas cannot live in bedding or carpets etc. and whilst they can bite us they can't feed from us (or so I was told) however, Advantage makes the animal toxic to the fleas it'll kill all the fleas currently on the animal within 12 hours and it also kills their lavae then as the new ones hatch out from the carpets etc. it'll kill those too and eventually you break the cycle. It also works on contact so all you need do is treat the dog and let it sleep and go where it always goes as the fleas there will be attracted to the dog and as soon as they come into contact then they start to die so no need to do the bedding and carpets with another product.

5% of an infestation is on the animal, 95% is in the environment.

Females lay 30-50 eggs per day. These eggs will drop to the ground within 8 hours and, as soon as 2 days later flea larvae will hatch and hide in dark places on the ground, in carpets or upholstery. After about a week of feeding on adult flea droppings, crumbs, flakes of skin, etc., the larvae spin cocoons to become pupae. The pupae can remain in this stage for very long periods of time.9 up to 12 months) The cycle continues when, as soon as a week or so later, the pupae develop into adult fleas and emerge from their cocoons when they sense that a cat or dog, or other animal host, is near.

Hoovering thoroughly and then treating the house with a product which prevents any remaining eggs developing will prevent the cycle continuing.

I cant remember the name but I know it was a good one. I put it on the dogs. mouse and jerry lee have been bathed in malsebam or what ever its called. the back door is open so get some fresh air too. need the door open as ive sprayed everywhere, cor its strong

ive got kidney infection, so not a happy bunny

Edited by Jazz

when i helped the lad round the corner with having fleas on his cat, i got some spray from the vet that lasted for up to 12 months, indorex i think, you do one room at a time and you have to keep all doors and windows shut on that room and keep yourself and animals out, they advise to hoover before to bring the eggs to the surface of the carpets/floor and to spray skirting boards and sofa crevices etc. Hope you get rid of them. Sorry to hear you have ha kidney infection, i am a frequent sufferer... i am on antibiotics permanently to help (not that they do) but Alex on here and my consultant suggested cranberry tablets which i now take daily, also pearl barley liquid is good for UTI's you boil some pearl barley and drain of the liquid, leave it cool and drink it... it doesn't taste too bad either

Gooster, that looks a lovely place to have your lunch and i agree lets hope we get a nice summer so you can enjoy it. Shame your parents won't listen to you about the dogs, i am lucky that mine go along with whatever i want no matter how cracked it seems... even my dad agreed to a buggy for diez! i think you can get pro kaolin type stuff off vet uk if that is what your friend recommends

need to decide what to have for dinner, i am trying to be healthy but i am constantly starving as they have upped m steroids so i have got my nice fat steroid face back.... i think i may have salad sandwiches beings as it is quite warm today

Very happy after seeing the oncologist...he listened to my doubts about further treatment of any sort, listed my medical problems then agree completely that chemo was unnecessary as I am negative for HER ...things like tamoxifen or similar would have too many side effects considering the ones I have already, and said in his opinion I have a very very good chance of a complete recovery with no recurrence. Oh how I wish someone could say that to you Griff.

• Like 2

I cant see any on her, ill know for sure tomorrow morning when shes lay on my chest lol

this stuff works well, I used it when 2 fosters came crawling with fleas ewwwww

it was chest infection last month, kidneys today. just one month of nothing would be wonderful!

im glad the oncologist agreed with you xxxxx

Oh Suzeanna, i am so pleased for you, having a consultant who will listen to you is very very important, i don't mind the problems i have.... everything is supposed to happen for a reason and i just need to wait for the reason to become obvious, i hope it is a nice reason though. Will you and your OH go on your holidays now? you both deserve to stick your feet up and relax

hope tomorrow brings you no fleas Jazz

Great news suzeanna :flowers:

Jayne - I'm getting up earlier and earlier these days cos I'm stressed so can't sleep.

I've had a horrendous day at work. I am under so much pressure on a number of projects I'm working on. One project has made a huge saving (biggest one out of all our projects this year), but apparently that's not enough and someone very senior (think highest person in the company) has apparently said that he doesn't think the deal is good enough, even though the contract is signed off. I got in the car and burst into tears. My boss is very supportive but there is nothing he can do and his boss is okay but he's weak. I am so tempted to take time off with stress but scared if I do that they will get rid of me. I am going to start looking for other jobs - life is too short to deal with little people with big egos.

You aren't being moany Alex xxx

Well I have arrived at work but my boss is too busy to collect me so I am sitting in reception!! May give up soon as I have to go to another ofice in an hour and a half anyway. Fit in a touch of window shopping on my way.