UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Afternoon. I had a nap after my food arrived. I've overdone it again, on top of which I slept awkwardly so my back, shoulders, arms and neck ache, plus I've got a nedache. I've got aches on aches. Looking forward to sleeping in my bed cos that should hopefully solve some of it.

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend Marion :)

Enjoy your night in your new bed Alex :)

Hope Dakota stops chomping the lead soon Griff.

Thanks for the tip about the insurance Griff - I might nip down to the car people after I have been to the physio tonight and have a nosy :) I keep going back to the website to have a drool over it :)

Have had a nice day today - despite the fact I could sleep in till 10am, I woke up at 8.15 :angry: :rolleyes: This worked in my favour though as I had to nip to the doctors to drop something off for my dad, then went to get some dog food, then went to the gym and did a class. I then took the dogs out for a nice walk before coming home and cleaning, ironing and having a snooze :) Not off now till Sunday, so making the most of having a chill out :)

I have had a drive of the Audi. I am in love. It is so low to the ground though compared to my landy. A BMW pulled up at the side of me and I thought omg that car is huge. Whereas if I would have been in my landy the BMW would have seemed really small :laugh: The brakes are fab on the Audi, nearly headbutted the windscreen when I used them the first time :laugh: Need to do some serious thinking now :unsure:

we have been to training and she was quite good! we did stay and retrieves and she was fantastic at it...really quick and fetching the toy each time... lets just hope she likes the new crate she has in my bedroom.

Merledogs, hope your new bed is nice and comfy

Jazz, hope your fish amuse one another

Gooster, the way i see it is this, will you put yourself into massive debt getting the new car? can you offset your fuel spenditure against the increased cost and you work damn hard and you are only here once so if it will make you happy and you can afford it.... why the hell not!!!

Well, the car is 11.5k. I reckon my current car is worth 10.5k (I paid 12k for it 16 months ago and defenders don't tend to depreciate). So if I get 10.5k for my landy, I will have to find £1000 for the new one, which shouldn't be too difficult. The Audi does 55mpg as opposed to 23mpg that I am getting at the moment. So in theory I should get my money back reasonably quickly. I will also be able to offset the cost of the new one against my tax bill. However I love my landy :unsure: :rolleyes: Am sure I would grow to love the Audi, but it's just a totally different type of car :unsure:

At the quarterly non governmental meeting at the local council , my spoken Sinhala is not good enough to deliver a full PowerPoint in Sinhalese so I am allowed to do it in English ( and some one translates for me )

It's a 4 hour meeting which is mostly in Sinhala , good practice for me but it's going to be long day

The meeting also was due to start 30 mins ago but my fellow country men are known for having terrible timekeeping so it might be another 30 mins before we start !!

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Hope it went well Sam :flowers:

Jayne - I have a Honda CRV which only does 25mpg. Whenever I get in a car I feel as if I'm sitting on the floor. How practical would the Audi be in terms of lugging tack, dogs, etc around? Would it be worth looking at a four wheel drive? Mine's 10 years old but some of the newer ones are far more fuel efficient.

Hope the meeting is nearly done now Sam :)

The dogs don't tend to travel much now - if they did, there is always the back seat for an emergency - they are good travellers and just curl up and go to sleep. My saddle lives at the farm in a locked tack room, so thankfully I don't need to lug that around any more. The only slight issue would be collecting horse feed - the boot looks like it could fit 1 sack of feed in it, but again there's always the back seat. I had a newer 4x4, but so much went wrong on it, it kind of put me off - I think they try and make things too complicated with the newer 4x4 systems. Before making any decisions, I need to find out exactly how much mine is worth to see if I can afford the difference.

well i hope you have survived the meeting sam

Murtle... hope you are not hungry now

Gooster, you do need to have a bit of a think don't you? how old is the defender? i am just thinking would a tune up help with regards the fuel efficiency, the heaters are pants on those (they were always my fave though) you said something about leaks.... if you let me know where i will try to remember how we fixed them if it is something i am familiar with

Well little miss Kota slept in a crate!!! got woke up a couple of times with her crying but i refused to let her out so she stayed in all night!!!! hopefully she will learn not to be a fidget and eventually we can get rid of the crate

Good girl Dakota :wub:

Jayne you could always get a tow bar fitted and get a little trailer for transporting feed etc.

I really miss my Volvo - it was a far superior car to the Fiat I have now. It's MPG was pants though and it just cost me too much in petrol. I've had the Fiat 5 months and have only filled it up 3 times in all that time!

I am sorting some photos out from Monkey World so will post some later.

When we moved here we had a super diesel autimatic Jaguar estate which I loved. BUT we only got 22 mpg on a good run.

Living in a rural area , with limited acess to expensive fuel supplies, it meant constantly filling up as we needed to keep a good supply in the tank to allow us to venture anywhere and the cost became too much.

We bought a Skoda Fabia estate whose boot, surprisingly, is similar to the Jag's so plenty dog room, but fuel consumption over 50 mpg.- a bit different.

When we wrote the car off two years ago we had trouble finding another second hand one and ended up with an ex manager's car. It had been originally ordered by a customer who had mistakenly assumed it had leather upholstery. She didn't want it so the garage were stuck with it. The manager had used it for 6 months.

Travelling 250 miles down to Edinburgh we can get 70 mpg and regularly get over 60 mpg on our normal driving. We only get 35mpg driving through Edinburgh though.

Road fund tax is £20 against the £200 the Jag would have been.

I still miss the Jag though.