UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

After spending 70 quid on fuel this week, am considering changing my landy to something a bit more fuel efficient. I have fallen in love with an Audi a3 convertible :rolleyes: I am currently writing a pros and cons list for each of them. My landy has 'because he's awesome' at the top, as well as 'you can find him in car parks' in the pros list. On his cons list we have - expensive to run, slow, leaks in and the heater is crap (amongst other things).

The Audi's cons include - I might lose it in a car park and people might think I'm an arse :laugh: :rolleyes: Am off tomorrow, I think I may nip to see the Audi after I have been to see the physio in the evening. The Audi is 200 quid a year less to insure and does 55mpg combined compared to the 25mpg I am getting from my landy at the moment. I absolutely love my landy to bits, but now I am doing more miles, he is costing me a fortune :unsure: :(

Cleaning/tidying done. They are supposed to be coming between 10 and 1. Bet they come at 12:59 :rolleyes:

May treat myself to a nice pie for lunch. We have a Greggs at the top of the road which is pretty minging (how have they gone downhill so much?) but across the road there is a nicer bakery so will pop in there.

Hey good morning folks. We are back from our trip to Monkey World which was fantastic! We spent 10 hours there on Saturday and the weather was great. I actually got sun burnt. What a beautiful county Dorset is. It was our first time in that part of the world but it won't be our last.

I am sat here awaiting the arrival of Archie who is being delivered back to us this morning after his stay at Esther's. She is walking him this morning so he should come home nicely tired and ready to settle back in on his sofa. I know he will complain about his gift "my humans went to Monkey World and all I got was a Monkey World lead" - he will be disappointed not to have some monkey poo!

Alison and Jeremy from Monkey World left at 4am this morning to go on a rescue and should be back on Friday with precious cargo. I can't wait to find out all about that.

Little Rodders, the baby chimp, played a game with me of matching hands and Oshine, the orangutan, gave me a little wave which made my day as I love Oshine.

Suzeanna what fabulous news. I am so pleased for you :flowers:

Alex don't let the buggers grind you down :GroupHug: Ah, just seen your post above and I so agree about Greggs. Yak!

Jayne I'd definitely go for a car with a better petrol consumption and the Audi is very smart.

I bet he's missed you though :wub:

Bed is all made up ready for bo-bo's. I have been sleeping on the mattress on the floor for about three months, so it will be lovely to have a bit of spring underneath me and a proper bed. Can't wait to try it out later. Most importantly, Taffy will now be able to launch himself off the bed onto the chest of drawers in front of the window, where he likes to stand guard while I'm in the shower in the mornings. He was having a bit of trouble with the mattress being so low down and him being a bit creaky.

Asda delivery should be here before 1, but they haven't texted me like they normally do to tell me when it will be arriving. Fingers crossed it gets here and I don't have to get arsy with them.

Glad you had a nice time Yantan, and very glad to hear Archie was a good lad

Merledogs, glad you are pleased with your bed and i hope your food arrives soon....also hope you get a better nights sleep

Gooster, if you are getting a convertible, ensure your rag top is covered, we had insurance with one company and they didn't cover any damage to the roof!!! i only found that out by accident

Owl, that did make me laugh about the missing Koi... i do hope it manages to get home

Feeling very fed up with the pup today, she is still biting on the lead, thought i had got it sorted yesterday but nope back to her naughty self today, being tired doesn't help either i guess... yesterday tree surgeons arrived at 8.15 am and begun cutting and shredding branches (routine work not emergency) and today my neighbour cut his grass at 6.50 am, you would think he had a massive lawn judging by the amount of time he was cutting it for but our front lawns are quite small... he eventually stopped at 7.40 but i was already up by then