UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

where have you all gone? did I kill the thread?

jerrly Lee is in for clipping tomorrow. they can look then and see if there is a reason for her scratching. shes on a good food, so shouldnt be that

any bets on if my son is going to turn up and if he does, how many seconds hes here? lol

I am here Jazz, i hope they can see why Jerry Lee is scratching... perhaps there is an ingredient in the food that she can't tolerate?

had to go to the vet this morning to get a fluid lump drained off kota... she was an absolute looney... it will fill back up as i can't keep her rested. training tonight, the lady who normally takes me isn't going for the next 2 weeks again (so she has missed a month) so we have to go on the bus. i feel like crap but the dog needs to go so i will have to take her

I don't now if anybody is in the Northamton area, or visit it, but another death from idiopathic Cutaneous and Renal Glomerular Vasculopathy (CRGV), the disease that is very similar to Alabama Rot has been announced by Towcester vets

http://towcester-vets.co.uk/confirmed-case-of-alabama-rot-in-northamptonshire/

We have just this hour received confirmation that a lovely young Jack Russell Terrier that died as a consequence of severe acute kidney failure last week did indeed have idiopathic Cutaneous and Renal Glomerular Vasculopathy (CRGV), the disease that is very similar to Alabama Rot.

The dog in question lived and was walked almost exclusively in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire. The Forestry Commission have been contacted and made aware of the case and are putting signs up warning dog owners immediately.

We understand that this is very worrying for pet owners but we don’t want you to panic too much – very few cases have been confirmed in the UK. However as the disease is proving to be fatal in most cases it may be prudent to adopt a better safe than sorry stance.

The most frustrating and worrying thing is that the cause is unknown making it impossible for us to give you advice on prevention.

Please call us if you are at all concerned about your dog. We promise to keep you updated.

Hope you enjoyed training Griff :flowers:

Hope they get Jerry Lee sorted Jazz :)

Day off tomorrow - after tomorrow I am working straight through till next Monday, so am making the most of my day off. Evil abs in the morning, nip to Tesco, walk the dogs, ride Blue, then to the gym for cycle and strength and conditioning :)

I have not been here as have been occupied for a couple of days with tracking etc plus another dog down badger sett, then catching up on everything which got postponed.

Must share this: I went to the tip with a load of stuff for my neighbour, the one I get on with. One item was an old paraffin stove. I discovered there was a bit of paraffin left in it so sought advice from a tip worker rather than chucking it straight into the scrap metal skip. He asked me what I had done with the gas canister. I asked, what gas canister? He said that I must have had a gas canister to supply gas to the stove, and he hoped I had not thrown it in the metal skip as it was against regulations as they had to be recycled separately.

If my neighbour had been running bottle gas into a lit paraffin stove, the whole estate would by now have been somewhere else completely and I would only be able to post this via ouija board. Tip worker is in line for the Darwin awards if he doesn't pay attention. I hope he doesn't try to do that at home. I think I got it through to him that you don't mix gas and paraffin :confused:

• Like 2

training was good thanks Gooster, Kota decided to kill the lead again so we ended up having 1-2-1 for the whole lesson... she is naughty!

Owl, thanks i will try to massage the fluid away

Blackmagic, thanks for that link, getting closer to me now!

Gooster, enjoy your day off

i need to order some more leads but not sure if to go for metal or material so will have a think

Suzeanna, how are you doing now? is the bruising subsiding?

I'm a delicate yellowy green now Griff..very fetching! The swelling is still there though, I look as if I've had a rather bad breast enlargement! All the left side of my left boob is blown up like a balloon and it's very hard around the incision...OH says it will be the internal stitches which have yet to dissolve. The consultant sent me a copy of the letter she has sent to the oncologist at Weston Park, seeing it written down makes it more real somehow..and it sounds more serious than when she spoke to me, but I'm still sticking to my "no further treatment" plans.

Kota sounds as if she finds life in general great fun, she doesn't want to have to go to school yet!

You could write a poem about that Jazz...I found a flea on Jerry Lee....

My son won't be coming up this weekend either :mad: his wife is very tired and feeling sick so she won't be able to cope with looking after Aidan for the day and evening. Oh well..never mind. Maybe we can go down there at some point unless she finds that idea too tiring as well.

Glad you enjoyed training Griff :flowers:

Hope you get to see your son soon Suzeanna :flowers:

Am such a muppet - went to the gym with the intention of going straight to Tesco afterwards. This would have worked splendidly well had I actually remembered to take my purse with me :rolleyes: :laugh: Am now back home and am going to be adventurous and do my food shop online :laugh:

Lol, Gooster you doughnut!!!

Suzeanna, sorry you won't be able to see your son, is there not a friend who could have him for the day? an aunty or uncle or something?

Jazz, hope it is just one flea!

been and got the pup some more food and she has had her little walk, she was taking treats off the lady at p@h very gently and she was watching the bunnies nicely too