UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

bloody hell that was a long meeting , I think I need to do more sinhala lessons as the bits I could understand were very interesting

off to the Ministry of Defence in the Capital tomorrow to get my security clearance pass renewed , who would have thought that running a animal charity overseas would end up sounding like James Bond novel

Hope its warmer in Dublin than it is here Murtle...good luck at the hospital, Jazz.

Sam I think you are great to even speak some Sinhalese, I can speak some Greek, but writing and reading it..forget it.

I phoned the breast cancer helpline earlier as I am concerned about the amount of bruising and swelling I still have (four weeks today I had the op), and she told me it's quite likely to take months to go :unsure: . Apparently as he took the nodes from under the arm through the incision to remove the tumour it damaged a lot more tissue, so the swelling is to be expected. I wish it would stop stinging/twingeing though, it's driving me nuts! I want to scratch it or rub it hard and she told me not to, also told me I should still be taking it easy and getting lots of rest, so I have an excuse to laze around now :D

the hospital went well. my levels have come down for the liver, and arthritis so thats good

my friend is having her lymph nodes and the lump out tomorrow. her hair is growing back but its grey. shes only 44, but shes laughing about it

Green, Samantha Green, double oh and three quarters, licence to neuter.

I love it , I have a security clearance card and everything its ever so exciting. Sadly no one ever asks to see it :)

Sam I think you are great to even speak some Sinhalese, I can speak some Greek, but writing and reading it..forget it.

Sinhala script is beautiful but darn hard to read , each symbol is actually a sound as its a phonetic alphabet . Its sometimes written using English letters which I can read and write a little but their is no uniformed spelling in that form

an example

ScreenShot2014-03-19at224617_zps0c7df810

So " do you have a dog is"

Oyalata Ballak innewa da

which means

Oya ( you ) la ( more than one person ) to ( I am speaking to you all ) Ballak ( a dog ) Innawa ( have ) da ( question marker )

so the direct translation is

you all to a dog have ?

I phoned the breast cancer helpline earlier as I am concerned about the amount of bruising and swelling I still have (four weeks today I had the op), and she told me it's quite likely to take months to go :unsure: . Apparently as he took the nodes from under the arm through the incision to remove the tumour it damaged a lot more tissue, so the swelling is to be expected. I wish it would stop stinging/twingeing though, it's driving me nuts! I want to scratch it or rub it hard and she told me not to, also told me I should still be taking it easy and getting lots of rest, so I have an excuse to laze around now :D

My mum had 2 Carcinomas removed from her face 2 years ago , the first one healed fairly quickly but the second was very lumpy bruised and she got a lot of twinges and stinging for a few months . Her consultant said she could massage the area a few times a day which did help , we brought her some organic also vera gel which she used . I know they have said you can't rub but could you ask if you could gently massage to see if that helps ?

She had dreadful trouble with the sutures being removed after each procedure and both times the nurses struggled with the last 2 sutures due to the surgeons technique ( he is noted for this it seems ) Mum refused to let them try after 10 minutes because it was really hurting her and told them I could do it at home as i had experience in such things. She never told then it was in dogs ! but I did get them both times without reducing her to tears , I guess if you can manage a wriggling dog that can bite you, your own mother sitting still is a piece of cake.

Actually the nurses at our GP let me do a lot of her dressing changes and daily wound checks which pleased mum no end as she was happier with me doing it in her own home than her having to go into the doctors.

I hope like with Mum yours is temporary twinges etc and it does start to feel better soon

Hope your bruising subsides soon Suzeanna :flowers:

Have had a proper naff day at work. I had 4 patients who needed glasses to meet the driving standard, but argued with me that they could see perfectly well to drive without spex :angry: I then had a nightmare commute home, in which some stupid bloody arse in a focus decided he was going to sail up the outside of all the traffic and then barge his way into the queue (that I had been sat in for 45 minutes). I did not want to let him in, but the arrogant barsteward just drove at me and didn't stop :unsure: If I wasn't going to be trading my landy in at some point soon, I would have just continued and let him hit me - stupid fecking twit. I was that annoyed and upset that I nearly cried and was shaking :angry: The crappy traffic made me late for spin, but as soon as I got into my spin class I pedalled my anger and stress out on my cycle and felt absolutely fine by the time the class was finished :) Still makes me a bit cross thinking about the stupid man who made me break my rule - no allowing cheeky barsteward queue jumpers in.

HHEEELLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

kin fleas!

ive sprayed everwhere, hoovered, bathed these, they have had drops and tablets

today, I put albert on the sofa, a flea jumped off him!

ive given him a shower, nearly drowned him, went to pick him up, and one jumped on me!

AAAGGRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH