UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Wow, that was an effort :laugh: :rolleyes: My house isn't on the postcode database for some reason (even though it's a mid terrace). So I did my order and then went to arrange delivery, but as my house wasn't on the list, I had to phone Tesco up so they could add it to my online list of houses. But then the woman's computer crashed, so she had to transfer me to another woman and I had to explain all over again to her what the problem is. Anyway, it is sorted now :) It's being delivered tomorrow night between 10pm and 11pm (as I know I will definitely be in then and it was only a quid to get it delivered at that time!). Hope I don't forget and go to bed :laugh: :unsure:

well this getting a pup is becoming expensive! i have had to buy 3 clickers, 3 lanyards, 3 whistles, 2 leads (i don't mind her chewing up) so far today plus i need to order her a new harness...... again! she is too small to fit in my old diez's harness' so will need her own new one. i haven't even started on the training treats yet..... there is a dog at training and she loves his treats so i need to get some of her own and replace a pack of his that she has scoffed!

we have glorious sunshine..... it is really lovely

flippin heck Gooster, what a palava! i will try to remind you tomorrow not to go to bed! a quid is a very good price, i used asda a couple of times and they try to get you to use the same van slots when a van is in your area..... i wouldn't mind if they reduced the delivery cost to encourage you to accept a time when someone is already in your area

Oh dear Owl, the recycling man wasn't at the front of the queue when they were giving brains out was he.

We've kept our big garden refuse wheelie bin in the front garden over the winter to deter anyone filling it up with their own crap. The emptying of said bin recommenced recently so having had a tidy up in the garden we wheeled it round to the back lane at the weekend for emptying today. The recycling lorry came between 9am -10am. I went out at 11am and the bloody sodding thing had disappeared :banghead: I peered into as many back yards as I could to see whose half-inched it but there are quite a few that have walls and/or gates that would put the Berlin wall to shame so I couldn't see. Everyone else's garden wheelies were out there so what is it about our bins that makes someone either want to fill them up in the middle of the night or take them away completely - especially when I have big decals on them with our address in bloody great letters. It's not like they could be mistaken for someone else's :mad: Grrrrrrrrr.

On the plus side the weather here is gorjuss and I have done loads of cleaning.

We have no hot water so having a homecare package with British Gas I rang them to book an engineer to come and sort the problem. I was surprised to find that they can actually send someone today! They should be here from between now (1pm) and 6pm. Fingers crossed - oh and again that it's a reasonably quick fix and not something major.

How did the Tesco online shop go Jayne?

How annoying Yantan! Can you see into any gardens from your upstairs windows? Or else ask neighbours if they saw anyone move it?

I had a phone call earlier, oncologists secretary. Sorry for the short notice, could I make it to the Royal on Thursday for an appointment at 2.30? I said yes, now I'm wobbling a bit.

ohhhhh Suzeanna, lets hope they just want to see you early to put your mind at rest or try to discuss a treatment plan... if the lady you saw has said you are adamant you don't want treatment perhaps the oncologist wants to see you to try and persuade you on a course of treatment? i will be thinking of you big (((hugs)))

Yantan.... god i would do my nut if people kept filling my bin up and then it went walk about, here they give you a bin and will replace it once i think, anything more than that and you have to pay!!!!

left the pup today, she was howling when i left but quiet when i got back so will have to ring my neighbour and ask if she was terribly bad. saw an old frined of mine, he used to sell the big issue and i always bought his dog a new coat come winter, i haven't seen him about for a bit and he told me today he has MS, he was a shadow of himself but still got a great sense of humour about life

I think we must have cross posted Marion :)

Hope your bin shows up and you can get your boiler mended quickly :flowers:

Am sure your oncologist just had a cancellation and there's nothing to worry about Suzeanna :GroupHug:

Had an interesting ride on Blue this afternoon- he was full of the joys of spring, so throwing his head everywhere as he wanted to be off. We had a few canters in the country park and then when we were on our way out of the park, his hacking friend decided he wanted to canter up the steps, so Blue took off after him! He then decided that he was going to canter and jump the drainage ditches that we jumped in trot last week, which was fun. Cheeky monkey :wub: Am not off now till Monday, so no more rides out till then :rolleyes:

jerry lee looks great, nice close clip so hopefully the place doesnt look like a pillow has exploded. they have all been deflead too. need to get some more. whats the best place please?

jerry lee looks great, nice close clip so hopefully the place doesnt look like a pillow has exploded. they have all been deflead too. need to get some more. whats the best place please?

You need to treat the house as there will be more fleas there than on the dogs. They only live on the dog for a short time to feed. They lay their eggs in dark corners and crevices.

You can get a spray that will be effective for nine months to a year. I used Zodiac spray but have also seen Acclaim recommended.

You need to hoover thoroughly everywhere the dogs have been- carpets, around skiting boards, chairs, sofas including underneath cushions and down the sides, curtains, beds etc. Also remember the car.

Wash any blankets/ towels that the dogs use. I washed mine with a little flea shampoo.

Then spray everywhere.

There are various spot on flea treatments available from your vet. Petshop ones are usually not very effective.

I have bought flea stuff from hyperdrug online before and they were ok :)

Am not really looking forward to work tomorrow - it's a new Locum day and tbh the boss is a bit of a twit :unsure: there is the possibility of a regular Wednesday with him and it's about 10 minutes drive from home, so it would be really handy, just if I can work with him :unsure: :rolleyes:

Morning all!!!!

Merledogs, hope your rats take the bait soon

Jazz, i use advocate, it is expensive but we have foxes round here so i use it incase of mange...remember to empty the hoover into a bag outside after you have hoovered

Gooster, hope you survive the day and i nearly forgot........... don't go to bed!!!!!

Morning.

Sorry - haven't been keeping up as I've had a migraine for over a week :unsure: Please take :GroupHug: as necessary - I have been reading and thinking of everyone.

Thankfully my head seems to be a bit better today - am back at work after taking Monday off sick and working from home yesterday. Took Logan to the vet for his boosters yesterday - he was very good :wub: He's normally a bit of a ninny at the vets, as he's scared. Yesterday he hid behind my legs but then let the vet do her thing without any panics. Somehow he'd managed to go a whole year without seeing the vet, which is quite definitely a record for him - he's rather accident prone. Must be growing up.