UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Awww Suzeanna, i do hope your son makes it up, i think it would probably do you good to see him. Where does he live? maybe someone on here would be near enough to recommend a reasonable place to stay

Lol, i think i would like to be treated by my vet, he is lovely (so is my gp) and i agree they do seem to have to know more because of all the different animals they have to treat... i have asked on more than one occasion if they could take my blood for me to me a trip into town...funnily enough they always decline. right i am off, lord knows how long i will have to wait but at least it is with the dr who knows whats going on with me

Hope you get to see your son Suzeanna - however only if he hasn't got man flu. You don't want to be catching his cold! That's one thing that makes me laugh about my job - patients will come in for a routine eye test because we sent them a letter and they will be absolutely full of a cold and be moaning about how rough they feel. I usually make a comment that they should have cancelled for another day as I don't want their germs :laugh: :rolleyes:

Hope you get on ok today Griff :flowers:

I have sorted out my little stop gap between Cuba and Mexico :) Am going to Hurghada in Egypt for a week on the 1st July :) It's an adults only hotel, so there will be no annoying kids running around and being a pain in the ass, gets good reviews on trip advisor and apparently there aren't many Russians at this hotel either (who in my experience of holidaying in Egypt tend to queue barge, be really rude and be even worse than the Germans when it comes to reserving sun beds :laugh: )

*major rant*

the vets didnt ring back, so ive just rung a manager. he can see ive paid the excesses, so ring the insurance. insurance have said how much they havent paid, thats what ive paid within a few pounds, not £252! Rung the vets back. then I lost it! hes going to investigate

had enough now

Im sorry you are all going through the ringer as well. I do read it all, and worry about you all, even if Im too wrapped up in my world to say. I never forget you xxxxx

Jazz, it all sounds a total mess. Why don't you try telling the insurance company you are writing to the Money Mail section of the Daily Mail? you dont have to do it, just the threat seems to galvanise people into action, but they are brilliant at sorting out long running problems.

Hope things go ok today Griff.

You sound as bad as my daughter for holidays Jayne..they are off on a caribbean cruise on the 21st March, then she's off to Greece in May, her OH joins her for 2 weeks in July then again in September, and they'll probably have another cruise fixed up for either just before or just after christmas. The joys of two incomes and no children.

glad you seem to be getting it sorted Jazz.

Gooster, enjoy your holiday!

been to the Drs..... my blood results are a bit more odd for me but she isn't concerned so i have wasted her time and mine as the other gp panicked. Dad walked kota for me so i just need to take her out for another little walk before the vets, we have lovely sunshine... so much so that i have the windows open! oh and you know my brother who can be quite selfish.....well i got back to find a lovely boquet of flowers and chocolates he had sent for me to say he was thinking of me after losing laney yesterday... made me cry that did as he isn't known for doing stuff like that for me

i just want to say thankyou to everyone on here for being so kind to me, all it seems i ever do is moan at the moment but that will have to change, time to sort myself out!

griff you moan away sweetheart, that's what friends are for :GroupHug: How sweet of your brother, bless him.

Laura Ashley rang to say my bed is ready to be delivered. I wasn't expecting it until the end of March cos they previously advised there would be a delay, so I haven't decorated the bedroom yet! I'm going to ask them if they can wait until the end of March when I have a few days off and delivery it then.

Spring is on the way so of course what do I do? Go mad and buy yet more ruddy plants! Already this month I've bought yet another Rhododendron and several planters and today I've bought a dozen plug plant Fuchsias and a couple of trailing Verbena to go in the hanging baskets I've just bought. I had about 30 odd plants I was going to donate to a community garden scheme but they never got back to me. Some of them have been binned (the less healthy ones) and I'm giving some to my boss and another colleague. Some are in the ground which means that some plants I have in tubs can replace them and some are in planters, which I can now fill with Fuchsias and some other seeds which I will shortly be planting.

• Like 1

Well, Mark definitely wont be up...he's just sold his car! They have a vauxhall astra, which won't be nearly big enough for three children so he put it up for sale and someone came this afternoon and offered him cash. He's hoping to get a Zafira instead, and plans to get it this week and come up next weekend. I won't be holding my breath!

Sounds like your daughter and her husband have the right idea for holidays Suzeanna :biggrin: I definitely need to get as much travelling done as I can before I settle down and grow up :)

Glad your insurance is getting sorted Jazz :)

That is lovely of your brother Griff :flowers: Am glad your bloods weren't anything to worry about - don't fret about wasting your doctor's time - us medical professionals would rather you come in and see us and it be nothing, than ignore it and there actually be something wrong :flowers:

Hope you get to see your son soon Suzeanna :)

Is plant buyers anonymous calling you again Alex?! :laugh: :ninja:

Moaning :tired:

I feel I may need to go back to Gardenaholics Anonymous Jayne :laugh:

They rang to say my Rhododendron is out of stock and not likely to be in until Autumn :( It's quite a rare one and I can't find it anywhere else so I guess I'll have to wait until Autumn.

Jayne I definitely recommend all young folks to do as much traveling as they can whilst still free and single. I did loads in my twenties and am so glad I did as I have no desire to take off anywhere these days but have loads of happy memories of when I did.

I hope everyone is doing OK today?

I am about to steam clean the sink and cooker and that's all the excitement I can take for one day :rolleyes: :laugh:

I have been gardening. Dug up lots of plants which I'm giving away and potted them up. Also put a couple I'm keeping in a couple in nice planters. I need to wash all the pots the donated plants are in cos they are filthy. I need to pot up a large japanese maple tomorrow and have a few small ones I need to find a space for too. Think we need a garden fred for 2014.