UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

ive just found out my disabled neighbour was broken into when she popped out.

what can I use as a deterrant? I know they said you cant put carpet grippers on the top of the fence, is that right?

You can't put anything like that on a fence in case the poor misunderstood dears breaking in hurt themselves and then sue YOU .... however you can get this stuff

http://www.prikka-strip.com/

or use an anti climb paint : http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/using-anti-vandal-paint-other-methods.html

The other suggestions are to put a loose trellis along the top that doesn't give them any support to grab onto plus you could grow a prickly plant along it.

thankyou, laney is home! he is next to diez on the mantlepiece

jazz, prikka strips are good, we have them on our fences

sorry to read about Laney. You did say last month he was a bit quiet.

Having lost a dog suddenly I know how unreal it seems.

Dakota was sent to you for a reason.

• Like 1

Alex I came across this link whilst I was surfing http://content.www.rspca.org.uk/cmsprd/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application/pdf&blobkey=id&blobnocache=false&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1232998019753&ssbinary=true its for a printable paper collar you can put on a visiting cat to try and find out if he already has a home, it lets his owners know where he's been going.

Thanks Snow, but I know who he belongs to now, they just don't appear to look after him properly. Bloke who lives next to this family (who moved in about six months ago) said that he is rarely inside because there is no cat flap and they often leave him out overnight. I have to wonder why his legs are wee stained (very tempted to give him a bath) and when I first met him he was so skinny. Since I (and another neighbour down the road) have been feeding him he's filled out nicely, so it wasn't due to illness which I first suspected. In any case he comes and goes as he pleases and there is always food down so if he wants to come and have a feed and some shelter he's more than welcome. He isn't here as often as he used to be so he I assume he is going home sometimes.

thankyou, laney is home! he is next to diez on the mantlepiece

jazz, prikka strips are good, we have them on our fences

griff I am so sorry about laney - you really are having it bad at the moment :GroupHug:

Oh yes, morning :tired:

WFHing this morning, afternoon off (using up the last of my leave this month and have three days off around the last weekend in the month) and off to the vets this afternoon for a check up on Beau's anal glands.

• Like 1

thanks everyone, at least dex and dakota have woken up o.k this am!

Alex, i don't know if it would be of any use to you but when laney used to have trouble with his glands the vet told me to add bran to his food to make sure they emptied out, i used to use rice bran cos of his food issues, might be worth asking the vet if it would help?

Dr's today for me and vets this afternoon for a post spay check for the evil poopie.... you wouldn't think that dog had had anything done to her....maniac

• Like 1

With all that's going on with you at the moment Griff, I wouldn't be surprised if you sent Kota to the doctor and you went to the vet! Actually..since vets have a longer training time than doctors, it might work out better for you :D

My son was coming up tomorrow..then it was next week, then it was back to tomorrow. Just had a text saying he's started a cold and is feeling really rough, so it might not be at all. As his wife is expecting twins and they can arrive anywhere from 30 weeks apparently, he doesn't want to leave her alone any later than this weekend. Oh well, if he doesn't make it we'll have to try and get down there once the babies arrive, if we can find somewhere to stay that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

• Like 1