UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

It's wet and wild here too. I am going to take Archie down to pick up Sadie shortly and onto a woodland walk. I have loads to do today not least my paid work and really ought not to be sitting here on the Refuge :rolleyes:

We still haven't had our 24 fest Jayne. I recently bought the first series of Grey's Anatomy on DVD as over the years various people kept telling me it was good but I'd never watched it. Well we both got hooked! We are now close to the end of series 3. I've never known a show that can have you roaring with laughter one minute whilst tearing at your heartstrings the next. My friend's granddaughter was in a couple of episodes so I am also looking forward to seeing her performance.

Right off to don the waterproofs and get the woofies out.

Not necessarily Alicia - its worth doing a quick quote on comparethemarket or something, I've been doing quotes for our next dog with both sexes and all kinds of age ranges and breeds and I didn't find a huge difference between 5 and 7 its 8 and over that the price seems to jump a bit.

Easy Jazz..don't tell them.

I'm feeling rather :unsure: with a touch of :confused: . My heart sank rather when I went into the consulting room and found the consultant and two breast care nurses. I apparently have an invasive tumour, Stage 1 cancer. The good news is it's small...about 1cm...and doesn't appear to have gone into the lymph nodes although he can't be certain of that until they operate. That was the next shock..next Wednesday good, says he. Errrr...yes. Ok. So it's back to the hospital tomorrow for pre op check, I've got a bottle of something that I have to wash all over with, including my hair, starting five days before the op. Should be in and out in the day, lumpectomy only though could have mastectomy if I want. No, thanks. Then district nurse comes to check the dressing and wound, and go back after 10 days for the consultation and follow up..either hormone therapy or radiotherapy, Already told him I don't want that. He probably thinks I'm flaming awkward. I had to go and have swabs to check for MRSA, and the nurse there said this breast team are excellent, plus you see an oncologist from Weston Park at Sheffield, so in good hands. I'm feeling rather numb, it hasn't really sunk in yet. Thank god my husband took the day off. Am off to bed for a while, my head is banging.

Suezeanna its the best kind of bad news - a small lump it looks like you caught early and which can be sorted quickly (((hugs))) they sound like they are really on the ball and hopefully in 2 weeks time you'll be feeling a whole lot of relief and glad to have it all behind you x

:GroupHug: :grouphug: Suzeanna. The positive news is that it has been caught early and they are dealing with you quickly :flowers: My mum's friend had a lump removed a good few years ago and has made a full recovery. It generally tends to be the tumours that are found later when they have developed in other areas of the body that are the 'dangerous' ones :GroupHug: