UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Nog is home and for the moment he's in front of the tv where he always used to be, we scattered a little bit of his ashes in the field at Lyneham where he spent the vast majority of his life and walks, we brought a daffodil from home and tucked it into the hedge - true to form with the wind blowing when we scattered him he blew in all different directions, just like him doing his mad skitting runnings about so now he will be in the grass and trees and stream there forever. I'm very pleased with the wicker pouch I chose for him and we'll bury him in that in the garden when the weather is better.

Rob and I have been talking about our next dog and once again Rob has surprised me - I felt sure he'd want a youngish dog, and even though I wasn't awfully keen on a puppy I had thought that a puppy or youngster might be the way to go, but Rob said he wants to look for an older dog - even perhaps a genuine oldie as he thinks an overlooked oldie deserves a few years of love and comfort even though it would mean heartache again in a shorter time frame. He's also happy to consider a wonky dog, definitely needs to be a pointy though, no preferences as to looks Rob says its the look in the eyes thats more important. We're still not discussing the precise "when" but we are now starting to discuss it being a lot sooner than I thought it might be.

• Like 3

God I need some excitement in my Sundays!! Every week it's like bloody Groundhog Day. I love spending time with mum and dad, but it's the same every week. We take the dogs to hydro, then come back home to drop the dogs off, then venture to one of various garden centres for a brew and a cake. It's nice, but I'm in my 20s, not my 70s!!!! They see their arse though I don't spend time with them :rolleyes: they obviously assume that since I am single, I have nothing better to do with my Sundays than go round a garden centre :laugh:

morning all

I have depression. I have to get myself out of it

I havent washed or dressed since friday, even I can smell myself, not good

I dont want pills, I just need to give myself a good talking to, but im not listening

know what I mean?

love to all xx

Jazz...if it's true depression you need pills! Get yourself into the bathroom and have wash, put clean pj's or whatever you wear on, and pick up the phone!

Just reading online about the army and navy working all night to put up a sandbag barrier to protect properties at risk of flooding from the Thames. Somerset has been flooded since before Christmas and they are only now doing something. Talk about one rule for the Home counties and one for the rest of us. :mad1:

Morning. Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Jazz :GroupHug: Nowt wrong with taking pills for depression.

I've been to the doctor for a migraine med review. Got a different type of triptan to try, as the sumatriptan has been making me ill every time I take it recently. Staying off the daily preventatives for a while longer until we're finished with IVF related things (we had another unsuccessful try in December/January, but have a couple of frozen embryos to transfer). Its one of those situations where if I were to get pregnant the migraines I'm getting now would be worth it, but at the moment it all feels a bit whats the point, as it hasn't worked yet. Was off work with a migraine on Friday, and heads not good again today :(

On a more cheerful note, its sunny :guitar: Hopefully it stays that way for a while.

Jazz, please take the pills. You will probably feel a lot better after a shower too :flowers: I had depression back in 2007/2008, it's not nice at all, but you can get through it :flowers:

Hope everything works for you Sophie :flowers:

Have had a busy morning so far at work, then have had a couple of no shows (thankfully) so I got chance for a brew and to take a breath. Am off for the next 3 days though, so don't mind working hard if it means I can have a few days off (having said that, I am running out of washing, ironing and cleaning to do :laugh: ). Might have to try doing some baking or something from my Bake Off recipe book :)

Sorry things are difficult at the moment Sophie, my OH suffers with migraine and they've given him some new tablets. He hasn't needed to try them yet...hopefully when he does they will work. I hope your frozen embryos can be successfully implanted, my daughter in law had several failed attempts before she got Aidan, but was lucky with this try as the two they implanted are now at around 27 weeks and seem to be fine.

Hugs to both Alicia & Sophie.

Well more progress here ... I told Rob about a very bad cruelty case on the EGLR website now normally even when Nog was alive Rob wouldn't look at the cruelty cases as it upset him, but this afternoon he asked me to show him this one - he had a look but sadly she's a whippet not a greyhound and thats just too small & delicate for us - though she is gorgeous - however I noticed that he bookmarked the EGLR webpage on his laptop .... and there are 2 other dogs with them that I am very interested in *whistles*

I spoke to my GP on the phone this afternoon and asked if they had the results of my biopsy...managed to sound vague when she asked didn't I have an appointment for the breast clinic? Anyway, she read through the results and it's not brilliant news. I'll know more on Wednesday morning. :unsure: