UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Sorry about the tooth Snow. I think I read somewhere that you can buy a temporary repair kit for teeth at the chemist.

Pleased you will have Nog home soon where he belongs. Great news that your OH has decided to keep half a sack of dog food, but this is a very hopeful sign. The house is just so empty without a dog in it. :GroupHug:

Pleased Archie was a good boy with his DW and you will get your break away from home.

Hope you can get your tooth sorted Snow :flowers:

Since I finished work at 12.15, I thought I'd nip to the Trafford centre to stock up on underwear! I just nipped into Victoria's Secret and bras in there were £48 :shock: :laugh: I'm not paying that - they just aren't big enough to spend that amount!!!

• Like 1

I paid £48 for a bra years ago that I was properly measured and fitted for at Rigby and Peller. It did wonderful things for my bust! Sad to say I only had it a short time as one day finding all my every day bras were in the wash I decided to wear it whilst out on a nice country walk. I got chased by some cows and had to clamber over and under some loosely strung barb wire. I managed to catch my top in the barbed wire and wriggling to get free only made things worse. The top got ripped and torn and then I got caught by the bra. I was getting more and more panicked especially as the cows were still milling around. In the end after a quick check to see there was no one looking I had to divest myself of the bra then pull it off the barbed wire - it was ruined :mad: Fortunately I had a jacket with me so was able to walk home in a decent manner.

Sorry Marion, but :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I went to Debenhams in the end - bought 5 bras with matching pants and spent 80 quid :) I got myself measured as well - turns out I had been wearing the wrong size - big style! I had been wearing a 34a and I am actually a 30D or 32c!! She said I had a firm back, so would probably find the 32c more comfortable across the back. I was in shock :laugh:

I usually get them from M&S outlet, and I love their stuff, but find that they don't tend to have matchy matchy sets. I always feel better if I match - just in case I get thrown off Blue or ran over by a bus :wink: :laugh:

I am still in shock that she measured me as a c/d. It was amazing the difference a proper fitting bra made though :)

Oh Marion, I don't think Rigby & Peller make their bras to withstand that kind of thing! Even though they make them for the Queen who I believe is very much a muddy welly woman when off duty.

Gooster, you may have changed size and shape as a result of all the gym workout stuff?

I saw mum this eve and she was having a bad dementia day, thought she was still in hospital and wanted to go home - but mainly because she was worried in case the council tax had not been paid! She settled down once I had sat with her for an hour and a half. Felt a bit guilty but reminded myself that a bad dementia patch tends to mean 3 a.m. wandering so she is safer where she is.

Wind is really getting up here, glad I don't have to go anywhere.

They still aren't big (far from it), but because my back size has shrunk down from a 34 to a 30/32, my size has changed. I would still love to get them 'done' but the fact they only last 10 years kind of puts me off (plus there is a woman at the gym who has just had one and it looks horrendous!).