UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Murtle, i didn't get my beer as my mums mate rang to see how i got on at the hospital and he was on the phone for an hour!!! by the time i got him off the phone the local shop had shut and i was too lazy/cowardly to walk across the field in the rain and wind.... i swear his was absolutely splattered, no doubt he won't even remember talking to me Lol. just took the pup out for a walk and we ran into a chap with 2 german shepherds, i know one has caused major problems but the other one ran over and i must admit i was a bit bothered by its body language then the fact he couldn't recall her made me even more anxious... i really thought at one point she was going to attack, luckily dakota was quite calm and the dog eventually went back to it's owner but i think she must get hit or something as she seemed very frightened and was very hand shy with her owner...no harm done so he didn't need to worry just practice a bit more with her, he slunk off into the woods with his dogs and i must admit i am worried in case he smacked her

Jazz, i would go terracota.... the pink would be brilliant for about a week and then i bet you would be fed up

Merledogs, hope you didn't suffer too much damage

Yantan, i couldn't get dakota to do a wee last thing, she woke me up at 1.30am and i thought she was just being a nob so went back to sleep and then there was a wee on the floor...little sod

I hope everyone stayed safe last night..the wind was really howling here, but fences are still up.

Shame about your beer Griff, next time you get some put them away somewhere so you have one to hand..so relieved for you that Dakota wasn't attacked, that can affect a dog for life. Our late GSD was attacked by a black lab when he was around four months old, and he never trusted other dogs after that despite going to training classes.

Went for my pre op assessment this morning..two ruddy hours! I was talking to another lady who is having a breast op..full mastectomy, poor thing...and her op isn't scheduled until the 10th March. When I saw the consultant I said should I read anything ominous into the fact I'm going in so quickly and he said no not at all, I just happened to have a window and you were happy to take it. I suppose it's better to get it done quickly than have to wait. Nurses weren't happy with my blood pressure, 200/90! I did say I was feeling stressed (I wonder why?)

Jazz, when we moved in here, everywhere was pink, except the bathroom which has terracotta tiles with a darker border. Pink wallpaper in the living room, dining room, up the stairs, the bedroom..even the carpets were dark pink. I don't mind pink, but that was just too much! I think terracotta would be the best bet too.

flippin heck Suzeanna.... i am surprised they let you wander off with sky high blood pressure but understandable you were stressed ! i am not really supposed to drink and if i buy it i neck it Lol, i can be generous and let my dad have a couple of cans.... only if i am feeling really generous and he hasn't been mean to me Lol.

it is very nippy out today but the sun is shining so a pleasant change to yesterday, i have actually turned the heating off!

I got a good tip from Claz...re blood pressure. I have heard of it before but didn't really follow it up...the 7/11 breathing? You breathe in for a count of 7, then out for a count of 11. Do it about 6 times. I did my bp at home and it was still 180/90, tried the breathing thing, did it again..150/80!

When I attended the docs for my six monthly check the nurse always took three reading- one when I went in , one part way through and one at the end. She used the lowest one.

She said that it was normal to be raised at the beginning but once you calmed down during the examination it would drop.

Any time I have had my BP taken in hospital it has been sky high although I didn't feel stressed. One time the alarm on the machine sounded as it was so high.

GP said I suffered from white coat hypertension http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Medicaltests/Whitecoateffect

Now that I am on pills for high blood pessure it doesn't uaually happen.

Nurse is happy with first reading so doesn't take any more.

Thank for the tip re blood pressure. I am ok with dentist but get panicky around doctors, and feel faint when the cuff is on.

Commotion here at 1 this morning. Various bangs and crashes on the roof, Wispa went ballistic and we went cautiously out to see what was going on. A big ridge tile was in the garden! This morning I went out at first light to see where it had come from, and none of ours are missing. Then I saw it had come off the end of the neighbour's roof, the one who was so horrid about the log cabin. It must have blown on to our roof then bounced down.

Excellent, snow. Hope your journey goes well.

Hahahaha Owl see that is karma at work! just cos your roof was a little bit too high for planning you lost your pod, now she has lost some of her roof.

OOOOOOOOOO Snow, congrats.... i did cov to bargoed for dakota, cov to the black mountains for laney and cov to doncaster for diesel.... every single one of them has been worth sitting in the car/train for hours and hours, do we get a little hint or are you going to keep us in suspense until the weekend???