UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

Happy February (spring is on its way) 0printemps.gif

Got woken with a bang just after 03:30 this morning when something fell in the kitchen. Had a sneaking suspicion what (or who) it was, so came downstairs to find a certain hairy someone by the sink. Meet Henry :wub:

P1010759-001_zpsc8a9c9d5.jpg

He had something to eat (won't eat kibble, only soft food) then settled down on a pile of cushy throws and purred his ickle head off (you can see he's doing that dribbly thing when he purrs, just like Kinky). He was here about an hour. I moved him up to the top of the fridge freezer (in a soft bed) cos the other cats had started to move about so he could watch them from high up and not get too stressed. He saw the mutts come down as well but they went straight into the living room. He looked a but bemused by it all, bless him. He growled at Lily when he was trying to go out and she was coming in through the catflap, but hopefully he'll soon learn that she's a luffly placid girl.

Edited by merledogs

I'm going to ask round the neighbours to see if he belongs to anyone because I don't want to do to them what my neighbours a few doors down did when they decided to 'keep' Kinky. I had a gentle feel of his ribs and two of them appear to be protruding slightly either side, so not sure what has caused that or whether it's an old injury or not. Once I've earned his trust and if I don't find an owner, then I will pop him along to the vet for a check up.

On the subject of Kinky, she is spending more and more time here now - even when she has free access during the day when I'm here she sometimes doesn't even bother to go further than the garden. If she does go out all I have to do is stand at the front door when I want her back and call her and she comes running. At least neighbours are listening and not locking her in the house.

Edited by merledogs

Jazz, use white vinegar, soak up as much of the pee as you can and then douse it heavily in white vinegar, with Dakota we soaked a rag in her wee and popped it outside so she could get the idea of what we wanted her to do, i also only take her out onlead so she knows that it is time for toilets and not playing.

Hi Henry, you are very cute!!!!

Henry is currently curled up in a cat bed on a chair next to the radiator. He's stuffed his face and is now settling down for a kip. It's cold and rainy a v windy outside so I guess he's decided he'd rather be in here :wub: When I stroke down his back the bones of his spine and just above his tail are jutting right out, poor thing. He's decided he likes the dogs' home cooked food, even with mushed up veg. I was going to start home cooking for the cats in any case, so off to google some recipes, although the dogs' food is mainly meat in any case which I add to their kibble.

Edited by merledogs

Has anybody tried Eden pet food? It scored 5 out of 5 off whichdogfood so am thinking of switching to it once I've finished the two big bags of Arden Grange (which scored 3.5) I've just bought. I've ordered some samples of cat and dog foods cos they are getting fussy in their old age. I gave up feeding just home cooked after Max got ill a few years ago just in case that contributed to his illness - hopefully it didn't because the other dogs were all fine but I feel more confident knowing they are eating something which meets all their nutritional needs, so I do need a kibble to feed them, which has the home cooked food added. Orijen is supposedly the best but way too pricey. Purizen is another one but I think there have been problems with hygiene in the factory. I've tried Taste of the Wild but they don't like it.

Edited by merledogs

Went for a bath and whilst I was in there the dogs started barking at something. Obvs I wasn't gonna get out of the bath but thought for sure that would have scared Henry off but nope, he's still snuggled up in his bed :wub: I hope he stays here for some shelter overnight because it's horrid out there. Or at least if he does go out, he comes back here.

• Like 1

Aww Henry :wub:

I absolutely love working half a day on a Saturday!!! Best decision I have ever made :biggrin: Today I finished at 12.20, went to collect a haynet for Blue from the feed shop, then had my nails and eyebrows done, been to the gym and been put through my paces by Mr G and am now at the farm :)

Awww so glad that Henry has decided to stick around for a bit, hmmmm i did homecooking for mine mixed with burns mixer and added a supplement to it... i found it a bit restrictive for me as they can't have so much stuff.

Jazz, i don't think malt vinegar does the same

Gooster, glad you are enjoying your time off

Walked the dogs twice today in my new walking boots that my mum bought for me... i got some karrimor ones as the derwent ones i got from go outdoors have split again after 4 months.