UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

:GroupHug: :grouphug: Suzeanna. I am sure that as your lump is small, you will be fine and won't look bad. Google is not your friend with medical issues - when Blue was lame I had convinced myself he has all kinds of medical problems. It turned out he had just tweaked a ligament, and didn't have spinal problems/torn tendons etc. I know that your situation is totally different, but Google is not good for medical stuff :GroupHug:
  • Like 1

I hate it when other people drive your car and put the handbrake on really high!! My dad always puts the handbrake on my car really high, I only put it on 2 clicks but leave it in gear :)

Have just been offered a regular Friday at my fabby Saturday practice to cover maternity leave. This has really put my mind at rest with the locumming, as I was really worried that the work wasn't coming in, but having every Friday from July to March/April next year covered is fab :)

• Like 2

Hello everyone from Tamil Nadu in southern India where Mark and I have been for the last week on a World Veterinary Service training course

Suzeanna , I am very sorry to have read your news but glad you are being seen very quickly , I am sure you are not going to look awful and lets face it ladies for most of us our boobs once we pass 21 all head south and don't look good unless encased in great bras ! of course if your Yantan you can go out with a great bra and come back with out it on ( that made me laugh so hard )

Its bloody freezing here in India as we are high in the tea producing area of Nilgris , so for anyone who thinks my life is glam I will share the reality :laugh:

I am sleeping in a building that is not really weather proof and when its 5 degrees outside its 5 degrees inside as well and often the temp gets below zero here , I am sleeping wearing 2 layers of clothes including flight socks and a head scarf wrapped in 2 blankets on a mattress that is so thin I can feel the boards

My bathroom is even colder than my bedroom , my toilet does not flush so I have to fill a bucket of water to flush it , I don't have a shower so have to strip wash ( in my sub zero bathroom ) , the only plus size is I can get some hot water but its still a pretty brisk affair :whistle:

with all that said its a bloody amazing experience and we are learning so much , both Mark and I are training as veterinary anaesthetists and its a very interesting and challenging role

Jazz if you feel your depressed you need to talk with your GP about that , there are lots of options and treatments / medications and I am sure they will have something for you.

Snow looking forward to hearing about your day !

• Like 1

I thought AXA was giving up doing pet insurance. I have just had Archie's renewal notice from them and there is no mention of any discontinuation. They have doubled his premium though :mad:

They are no longer taing new policies but are continuing existing ones until such time as they can find another ynderwriter to take them on. So far, it would seem they have not found one.

Their premiums were low and they now seem to increasing them to be more comparable with other companies, especially fr older dogs.

Suzeanna, i know my thing isn't the same but i have an awful scar running down my leg, one down my forearm, one on my elbow all are keloid and pretty ugly and very very wide .... i was talking to my uncle about them and he gave me some very good advice (considering he is a raging alcoholic arsonist it seemed quite sane!) he told me that the scars my body bares are the battles i have come through... i shouldn't be ashamed but i should wear them with pride, i always used to wear trousers even in the sweltering sun and if i wore cropped trousers i always placed a dressing over my scars so nobody could see.... since that day i haven't bothered, my uncle is right i have faced my battles and the scars are there to remind me of what i have been through but also that i am still here and winning... you will have your scar but wear it with pride and always remember the battle you have fought and won. big hugs to you

i *think* kota was dry last night and considering that i didn't get up til 9.30 i am amazed.... i will be examining all of the carpet and dog beds just to make sure!

Gooster, great news about you getting your extra day

Jazz, hope your wheelie bins get returned

Merledogs, sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your shoulder and that you have had a bad time at work

HLGS oooooooooo i can't stand being cold

i am looking forward to finding out if snows trip resulted in 3 seats being taken up in the car

AND????!!!!

Have just been to the gym and Mr g did a workout with me and another girl. He forgot his music so asked if he could use mine. I have some terrible music on my phone (think One Direction etc) as well as cool stuff like foo fighters and modern stuff. I put it on shuffle and hoped for the best. Thankfully the likes of one direction didn't appear, but the foo fighters did. Although after every song finished, I was dreading the next one coming on :laugh: :rolleyes: I really need to make a playlist that is acceptable for social listening :laugh:

Lol! I only have one 1D song on there!! There is however some boyz to men, Gary Barlow, and other hideously embarrassing songs that I sing along to in the car :laugh: When I was going to Cuba, the 1D film was on the plane. I had ran out of other stuff to watch, so thought I'd give it a go. Unfortunately I had been looking at the map before hand and the guy next to me kept looking at my map to see where we were etc. then he looked over when I had put the 1D film on :laugh: :rolleyes: I switched it off after that and put the rock radio channel on to make myself cool again!!